Deleted

Installing SWTOR - Error help

Hi,

I have tried to download the SWTOR game and seem to have done so effectively, BUT, when it comes to install after downloading the last 'main asset 17', and starts the installation process, it comes up with an 'error' and asks me to repair, then starts downloading from scratch again.

this is really frustrating. Can anyone help?

thanks, Keb

Deleted
    Contact customer support, else try to simply shut down the client when you see the error and restart it, few times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    Contact customer support, else try to simply shut down the client when you see the error and restart it, few times.
    Thanks for the advice. I've tried restarting it, repaired it twice and customer service is constantly engaged. I was hoping to find someone who has had a similar problem and been told about a solution.

Thanks anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Did you remember to uninstall your beta client? I guess it would cause some issues if you didn't.
    Didn't take part in the beta... work got in the way and I figured I'd just wait

15+ Year Old Account
    ya but did you happen to install the beta? because if so, you need to remove it through the add/remove programs in the windows control panel. just make sure all the SWTOR stuff is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    ya but did you happen to install the beta? because if so, you need to remove it through the add/remove programs in the windows control panel. just make sure all the SWTOR stuff is gone.
    Thanks, will check that and re-download the game

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Thanks, will check that and re-download the game

Nope, didn't work I give up. If this is the best they can do after years of development, I'm not sure the game is in safe hands.

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Hi,

I have tried to download the SWTOR game and seem to have done so effectively, BUT, when it comes to install after downloading the last 'main asset 17', and starts the installation process, it comes up with an 'error' and asks me to repair, then starts downloading from scratch again.

this is really frustrating. Can anyone help?

thanks, Keb
    Having the exact same issue. I've formated my computer and reinstalled windows 7 from scratch, and also a fresh install of SW:TOR, i've encounted the Main Assets 17 error a couple of times, tried to repair, uninstalled, reinstalled with error on main assets 1, all the problems i had during the beta weekend.

Currently on a new fresh install, hoping for some change. yay.

edit : woohoo, error installing main assets 1 at 10%.

Guess ill just wait for the boxed version dvds and go from there.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 06:33 PM ----------

any1 else that recently installed had this problem?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2011-12-12 at 05:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This issue was running rampant during the beta.

While its downloading, navigate to the temp folder it creates and deposits fragment files. Copy them over to your desktop as they complete. If it fails during your installation, you can begin the download at where you left off rather than from scratch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Having the exact same issue. I've formated my computer and reinstalled windows 7 from scratch, and also a fresh install of SW:TOR, i've encounted the Main Assets 17 error a couple of times, tried to repair, uninstalled, reinstalled with error on main assets 1, all the problems i had during the beta weekend.

Currently on a new fresh install, hoping for some change. yay.

edit : woohoo, error installing main assets 1 at 10%.

Guess ill just wait for the boxed version dvds and go from there.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 06:33 PM ----------

any1 else that recently installed had this problem?

Called them and after an hour on hold they told me to send them my log files and diagx file. They also claim this is a totally new problem to them and they will get back to me. Will update when I get and answer

Please Keep us updated. I am having the same problem. Been trying to install this for 4 days. It's errored and re-downloaded a total of about 20 times. Early access is supposed to start today. It would be frustrating, having pre-ordered, and having to wait for the physical copy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a friend that has successfully installed the game go to their home. Plug in an external hard drive and copy their game folder. You should then be able to wander on home plug in your external and copy the game folder to your computer. Then if you desire select the repair feature or just run the launcher as usual and the registry items should be created.

I did this when I downloaded the game on my work PC then took it home to my other two PC's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    If you have a friend that has successfully installed the game go to their home. Plug in an external hard drive and copy their game folder. You should then be able to wander on home plug in your external and copy the game folder to your computer. Then if you desire select the repair feature or just run the launcher as usual and the registry items should be created.

I did this when I downloaded the game on my work PC then took it home to my other two PC's.
    Wish I could mate. None of my mates
    Locally are playing this

Deleted
    hey kep, i have the same problem with you but i think i have the answer for your questens (sry for bad english,i am from bavaria )
    ok first you must download memtest . i m really shure you must have many errors in your main memory.now you must search for the defekt main m.
    and replay the download respectively install and i can say i am to 99% shure you can install without errors. ok have a nice day and i hope i can´t help you
    and i hope you understand what i mean

Deleted
    Will give the mem test thing a shot, cheers mate. I have been in touch with them... an hour on hold then a voice. Basically, I was told to delete the corrupt file mentioned in the log, then restart the install. I did this, then another file download was corrupt [all in the assets folder]. I'm deleting and re-downloading what seems like every asset individually!

Deleted

Sorted, but cheated

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply. Well, I cheated. Had one of the techs at work download it on the work system [mega download speeds] to his laptop and transferred the file to my C drive. That worked. Got pissed off waiting for Bioware to sort themselves out. 2 hours on hold then disconnected at last try!

So, if you know someone with decent download and is willing to help you, I'd recommend that. Good luck y'all

Keb

same here

I am going to try the mem test now. It's my last resort... any body else tried it?
    Gz

If you would download the game on a diferent pc and copy it to my pc, would that work? and also, would I still have to download it or would i be ready to play?

Quote Originally Posted by maaarten View Post
    If you would download the game on a diferent pc and copy it to my pc, would that work? and also, would I still have to download it or would i be ready to play?
    Yes that will work and yes you will be ready to play, no more downloading as long as that copy is up to date.