the four set bonus and changing the stat weights for disc!

I didn't see this covered in the stickies I read so i am going to ask the question here. If the question was already asked I apologize for over posting.

With the four set bonus (while a ten % proc chance isn't super high) Is this a justification to lower the value of mastery a little?

IDK bout you guys but even as a tank heals, I need to pop bubbles on a couple low raid members here and there to prevent aoe deaths.

I guess what I am asking is with the four set bonus is there a softer value on mastery to where I can put more into spirit?

Deleted
    Other then placing a bubble on a tank the double bubble is mostly going to be wasted on anyone else even with low ish mastery, my shields at the moment are around 35k which is usually enough to prevent death on low health non tank raiders for long enough to heal them up so a 70k shield will most definitely save them but in most cases they wont take enough damage to break it which means wasted rapture and overhealing.

I can't see the value of mastery lowering just because of the 4 set but some may value it higher mainly for tank healing, 80k+ shields with double rapture return is nice.

If you don't need more mastery or spirit for regen think about adding extra points to crit or haste even if you don't like crit it's still better to have it over extra mana that you may not use.

Not sure about 4 set, but 2 set certainly shifts value towards haste a little bit.

Depends on your playstyle. If you use PW:S alot, then mastery will always be king.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    Not sure about 4 set, but 2 set certainly shifts value towards haste a little bit.
    Not necessarily, one could make the argument that the 2 set makes mastery more valuable because PI+JoD+t13 2pc allows you to pre-shield the entire raid (10 man) without killing your mana.

With that being said, it looks like the 4 pc pigeon holes us into tank healing. The odds of a DPS burning through a 65k shield, are low and each wasted proc on a non-tank devalues the worth of the set bonus.

BTW, does anyone know if the 4 pc 100% rapture bonus is tied to the 100% increased shield?

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    Depends on your playstyle. If you use PW:S alot, then mastery will always be king.
    BTW, does anyone know if the 4 pc 100% rapture bonus is tied to the 100% increased shield?
    I just checked my logs the only double rapture happened when the double shield was broken so I'm fairly confident they are tied

would be nice for spine (shielding the people with absorbs on them)

here's something curious (mentioning putting more into spirit made me think of it) the disc priest in my raid has reforged out of all the spirit he can, and still does well with his mana. i believe he's reforged it into haste and mastery where possible. though looking at his armory now, he has reforged back some of the spirit (he was having mana troubles on madness but nothing else) but he has reforged out of a great deal of his spirit

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iummy/advanced

he managed to rank 7th in the world on spine (for disc obviously) for a brief time with the setup he has now. maybe a day or so

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Ream View Post
    would be nice for spine (shielding the people with absorbs on them)
    I was under the impression that shields did not contribute towards breaking the absorb from the first week of spine, was this changed so it does in fact count towards this now? The first week it did not even seem to absorb the incoming 10k/sec while the healing debuff was up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering whether it is worth it dropping heroic Tier12 gloves for LFR quality gloves if that would mean having the Tier 13 four set. Is the drop in item level and intellect compensated by having 4set...

Deleted

one could make the argument that the 2 set makes mastery more valuable because PI+JoD+t13 2pc allows you to pre-shield the entire raid (10 man) without killing your mana.

im not sure if the tooltip is incorrect, but i wasnt getting reduced mana cost from T13 2pc for shields. annoyingly enough it could be fair to say they arent counted as a "healing" spell

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    I was under the impression that shields did not contribute towards breaking the absorb from the first week of spine, was this changed so it does in fact count towards this now? The first week it did not even seem to absorb the incoming 10k/sec while the healing debuff was up.
    At least during the first week, Absorbs did NOT count towards breaking the Absorb Debuff on Spine, nor did PW:S/DA absorb the ticks from the associated DOT. Was getting pretty frustrated until my fellow Priest and I realized what was happening. I swapped to Holy on our three-heal fights the second week, so I can't confirm if it's still working this way or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

The odds of a DPS burning through a 65k shield, are low and each wasted proc on a non-tank devalues the worth of the set bonus.
    I can think of plenty of situations in heroic modes where this would definitely not be wasted on a DPS and would be used regularly.

The way I look at the 4 set for t13 you get maybe 3-4 procs a fight(not including madness) if it is 10% and you don't get lucky/unlucky and if you use shield more than once every 12 seconds then enjoy it popping your double proc while rapture is on ICD. It's a clunky and undesirable set bonus as disc imo and I don't intend to go for it until I can get more haste from gear(mostly 410s) the way I have it set up I'm keeping the heroic shoulders and gloves for 2 set t12 because they have haste on them got the pants for t13 and waiting on the helmet token to drop for 2 set t13 (both haste pieces) and using the morchok heroic chest for the off piece. The mana from the t12 2 set isn't outstanding but its no less significant than the little spirit we don't reforge out of, once in the aforementioned mostly 410s I can get 4 set just for the int and still get to 36% haste raid buffed. (either borrowed time or seal of the seven signs put you at 50% for your GCD cap/ haste soft cap) The 4 set itself will go largely unnoticed and ignored though I'm sure it will help now and then with a double shield on a tank.
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2011-12-14 at 08:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    It doesn't, but it's still damage prevention

Don't know about you guys, but in my gear im doing quite a lot of raid shielding as disc and with the current damage going out on heroics I dont see them going to waste. The 2set allows for non mana stressful raid shielding (specially with jaws), so having 100% close to 80k shields + 22k rapture returns on a 10% proc rate when shielding quite often works pretty nicely for me.

t13 2pc does not affect Power Word: Shield. I just tested this myself. With 2pc on shields are 4961 mana while PI is up and w/o 2pc on shields are still 4961 mana while PI is up. Maybe this will get hotfixed at some point but for now shields are not affected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthesis View Post
    t13 2pc does not affect Power Word: Shield. I just tested this myself. With 2pc on shields are 4961 mana while PI is up and w/o 2pc on shields are still 4961 mana while PI is up. Maybe this will get hotfixed at some point but for now shields are not affected by it.
    I just confirmed this.

Your numbers are wrong (probably because mana regen makes it impossible to see the exact cost of the spell) because with PI , mana cost of PW:S is 4200 per per tooltip. But I swapped my 2pc t13, in and out, and didn't really see a change to mana cost in my testing, and the tooltip says PW:S still costs 4200 while wearing the 2pc. Please disregard everything I've said in previous posts about it effecting PW:S.
    Last edited by scandore8472; 2011-12-16 at 08:10 PM.