Poll: Vote

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hard to say. The Old Gods play more toward manipulating and subverting other races to do their bidding and their power structure is severely weakened, despite the threats associated with them. I'd say Sargeras and the Burning Legion are at least a much more immediate threat. No one has really battled Sargeras and when you consider how little the Burning Legion has interacted with the races that inhabit Azeroth (in comparison to the Old Gods, anyway) I would say the Burning Legion are a much larger threat (they've destroyed entire worlds that we know about).

When you also consider how much damage the Burning Legion is able to dish out or responsible for in relatively short periods of time (such as with Hyjal or the Lich King), how badly everyone was freaking out when Kil'jaeden almost entered Azeroth and how terrified Wrathion seems of the knowledge of an impending Burning Legion invasion, I'm inclined to say Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they dont come to conclusions because people are either incredibly misinformed or simply in denial, on page 11 someone flat out said that Sargeras is not the main antagonist of the game, made me laugh a lot lol, then again looking at the poll at least more people voted for the obvious answer, so there is still some hope
    I didn't vote because there's not enough information to reach a definitive answer. Sargeras is strong and knowledgeable in magic, but when the Well of Eternity started to collapse, he was punching it with his fists in a desperate attempt to squeeze through. Guy can be pretty arrogant and stupid.

And while the Titans are vastly superior to the Old Gods due to their magic and technology (decomposing and constructing planets is pretty OP), Sargeras wasn't in charge of any of that kind of stuff. He was just out slashing demons with his sword (he still uses half of it).

I do believe Sargeras has gotten considerably more powerful since leaving the Pantheon, but the question is by how much.

Deleted
    Sargeras>all old gods

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Old Gods. Without a shadow of a doubt. Sargeras can be killed, Old Gods cannot be killed, not because they are immortal, but because they are directly tied to the very stability of Azeroth itself. To destroy the Old Gods would mean the destruction of the very planet. Sargeras had neither the strength, nor the foresight, like the rest of The Pantheon, to stop the Old Gods from doing this when they first visited Azeroth. Here's some nice info dealing with the most powerful of them all, N'zoth.
    Ehm, Titans where not mortal. They where as mortals as OG
    also none has said N'zoth is the strongest. I believe that some OG from outer space could kick his ass easily.
    Also Sargeras why can't he kill them if 5 aspects can

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras

Sargeras vs one old god? Maybe Sargeras.
    Sargeras vs them all? Old Gods will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Sargeras

Sargeras vs one old god? Maybe Sargeras.
    Sargeras vs them all? Old Gods will win.
    Sargeras > N'zoth >>>> C'thun + Yogg-saron
    As long as Sargeras is not fighting N'zoth at the same time, I think he could take all the Old Gods. N'zoth was able to beat C'thun and Yogg-saron and their armies fairly easily.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    k people, N'zoth is not the strongest OG atleast its not stated(yet).
    We don't know what happens when one old god fight another but I don't think that there power isn't that difference.
    I think most of the OG where equal at power

Titans are the supreme beings, Sargaras was the enforcer, on that assumption I guess he is the best in a combat sense. Therefore making him the toughest of the tough. The only thing I can think of topping the titans would be the Natherzim, seeing as they where the ones that corrupted Sargaras in the first place. They are referenced as Dreadlords, which still exist. And Dreadlords fall under the banner of Burning Legion, which, Sargaras is in control of. So yea.... The only people capable of defeating Sargaras are now part of his army, go figure. Old gods wouldn't stand a chance against a never ending, unstoppable force.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Titans are the supreme beings, Sargaras was the enforcer, on that assumption I guess he is the best in a combat sense. Therefore making him the toughest of the tough. The only thing I can think of topping the titans would be the Natherzim, seeing as they where the ones that corrupted Sargaras in the first place. They are referenced as Dreadlords, which still exist. And Dreadlords fall under the banner of Burning Legion, which, Sargaras is in control of. So yea.... The only people capable of defeating Sargaras are now part of his army, go figure. Old gods wouldn't stand a chance against a never ending, unstoppable force.

So much no in this entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarPP View Post
    k people, N'zoth is not the strongest OG atleast its not stated(yet).
    We don't know what happens when one old god fight another but I don't think that there power isn't that difference.
    I think most of the OG where equal at power
    At full power N'zoth was capable of defeating both C'thun and Yogg-saron.
    He is thought to be the strongest because the Pantheon either couldn't or wouldn't contain/kill him. The latter (killing him) is most likely due to what happened with Y'shaarj.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Nope, Titans are not supreme beings.
    2) No, Sargeras was a bit more than their enforcer.
    3) Yes, he was the most powerful Titan in regards to combat capabilities.
    4) No, the Nathrezim are not a threat. The Old Gods are much more powerful than them and have only recently, after tens of thousands of years, been able to escape. What do you think would happen to the Nathrezim if they were put in similar prisons?
    5) That's a big nope right there.
    6) Kil'jaeden is currently in charge of the Burning Legion as Sargeras is missing; the Nathrezim and Dreadlords are the same thing; the Nathrezim have always been Kil'jaeden's personal servants.
    7) The Dreadlords are weaker than the Pit Lords, who are not strong enough to fight an Old God. Sure the Dreadlords CAN'T die, but they would likely pull a Xavius and switch sides because it would be more beneficial to them than dying. If any single demonic race had a chance against the Old Gods, it would be the Infernals (which is only because they can be manufactured en masse and sent be the thousands).
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....

Deleted
    It's easy to forget that every Old God we've fought and defeated in the game so far has been either already dead (Y'shaarj) or extremely weakened from getting their ass beaten to near death by the titans or by years of imprisonment (C'thun and Yogg Saron respectively). An Old God at full power is something we haven't encountered yet. It's why I'm getting really excited for the Queen Azshara expansion. Supposedly there's an Old God that hasn't been hindered in any way down there with her. Even Yogg Saron's puzzle box won't shut up about it.

Deleted
    Sargeras is the embodiment of destruction, while the old gods in the core of Azeroth is based upon corruption. At the battle of the well, it was the intention of the old gods all along that Sargeras would be allowed to access Azeroth, so that they could corrupt him, and use his legion as a tool for further spreading the corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Natherzim, seeing as they where the ones that corrupted Sargaras in the first place.
    Corrupted? No. After seeing the chaos the Nathrezim and other demons brought, he merely lost faith in his mission to purge all evil. I would say that there's a difference between being corrupted and losing faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    It's easy to forget that every Old God we've fought and defeated in the game so far has been either already dead (Y'shaarj) or extremely weakened from getting their ass beaten to near death by the titans or by years of imprisonment (C'thun and Yogg Saron respectively). An Old God at full power is something we haven't encountered yet. It's why I'm getting really excited for the Queen Azshara expansion. Supposedly there's an Old God that hasn't been hindered in any way down there with her. Even Yogg Saron's puzzle box won't shut up about it.
    It's N'zoth, and Azshara isn't anything special, she's just another Xavius to N'zoth.
    But warriors....

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    It's N'zoth, and Azshara isn't anything special, she's just another Xavius to N'zoth.

I don't think you should underestimate Azshara. She might not quite be 'the hot shit' like N'Zoth or Sargeras, but she's a force to be reckoned with. Even more so after some Old God empowerment, and (presumably) getting hold of Neptulon's trident. (if she did not, then pardon this part, but it does seem logical, and we won't know.. not yet, at least)

Azshara is more like N'Zoth's right.. - tentacle woman. While Deathwing was his left tentacle man. They did make her out to be the mirrored Deathwing. As in, N'Zoth had two major minions, and one of them is dead now. Azshara could be as strong as Deathwing, and he was -in terms of story- not a push-over.

Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Old_God

THE PANTHEON BARELY TRIUMPHED UNITED.
    I think this pretty much explains it all. A united Pantheon barely won over a divided Old God force.

There you go folks, Old Gods win.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I think this pretty much explains it all. A united Pantheon barely won over a divided Old God force.

There you go folks, Old Gods win.
    And yet, the Titans can just demolish the planet for EZmode win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And yet, the Titans can just demolish the planet for EZmode win.

Countries can nuke the entire Earth to nothingness 7 times over with ease, but they might not win a war without the use of nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Countries can nuke the entire Earth to nothingness 7 times over with ease, but they might not win a war without the use of nukes.
    The point is that if the Titans had the inclination to do so, they could easily destroy Azeroth and the Old Gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't think you should underestimate Azshara. She might not quite be 'the hot shit' like N'Zoth or Sargeras, but she's a force to be reckoned with. Even more so after some Old God empowerment, and (presumably) getting hold of Neptulon's trident. (if she did not, then pardon this part, but it does seem logical, and we won't know.. not yet, at least)

Azshara is more like N'Zoth's right.. - tentacle woman. While Deathwing was his left tentacle man. They did make her out to be the mirrored Deathwing. As in, N'Zoth had two major minions, and one of them is dead now. Azshara could be as strong as Deathwing, and he was -in terms of story- not a push-over.
    Few things...
    It would be logical to assume she has Neptulon's trident, but I would think that it may be retconned as Blizzard has shown disdain for the entire idea.
    Azshara is weaker than Archimonde but stronger than Mannoroth. She has the potential to be something great, but in the grand scheme of things she isn't that special.
    The Old God's don't have what is the equivalent of a "right hand man," it's more that they see things as more useful and less useful minions.
    Deathwing was, to be fair, a bit of a push over and a very poorly written villain.
    But warriors....

Seriously, Sargeras would fart and the Old Gods would all die. He has power on a cosmic scale. The Old Gods are insidious but they are not actually that powerful. They just like to talk themselves up because fear is one of their weapons.

The Titans could've killed them easily, they decided not to because it would imperil life on Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.