So, as the title suggests, I was late coming to the SW:ToR party. I've always been a huge SW nerd, but honestly felt that I would enjoy playing WoW more. Well, that train has sailed, and that boat has left the station. I'm not trying to start a flame war betwixt the games, so suffice to say that I'll be playing SW:ToR full time from the 20th on.

I've perused these forums, and a bit over on darthhater, but lacking any gametime, couldn't decide which class would really suit me best.

A bit about me (as a player): I've played a Feral Kitty since forever. Even when they were silly. I stayed away from alts for the most part, but eventually became enamored with Combat Rogue as well (since they're basically the same thing). I do some PvP, but am definitely more PvE focused. I have no problem dropping in some BG's from time to time, and world PvP can be enjoyable, but I'm most at home shredding my little paws off in heroic content. Because being a druid meant I was 5 seconds away from having to respec to do someone's job better than they were (I literally played every spec at end game in T10-12), I'm also fairly adaptable, but my true love is melee dps.

So, with that said, I'd love some advice on what class(es) feel the most similiar to a Feral Kitty type playstyle. If none do, thats fine, tell me that too. I'm a bit behind the powercurve, and can only stare at talents for so long. That helps for sure, but lacking any game time, I'd hate to get to my AC and find out I hate the class, and have to reroll. Thats not to say that I won't play alts at all, but I'm definitely the kind of person who has a "main."

Thanks a bunch in advance for any/all help.

pstscrpt: I'm also tentatively looking for a guild, if any of you all happen to want a solid player who can soak up different roles, but is most at home as a melee.