Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Bioware's next game -- Command & Conquer Generals 2!

And now it's official.

BioWare hits the battlefield as they bring the legendary strategy franchise back to life!

I cant wait, i love command and conquer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0 Hell march anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're stepping into the biggest pair of boots in the RTS world and trying to replace them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bioware but all their amazing games have been focused on single player content (hell even SWToR feels like a single player game) and the storytelling feel you get from that.

I don't see how they'll link their storytelling gaming style (with more subplots and mini stories than A Midsummer Night's Dream) into an RTS. If they pull it off great, if they don't then it'll be disappointing.

Also if this has C&C in the game name, I hope they get Klepacki doing the soundtrack, it's not really a C&C game without him.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

So glad the next C&C is finally announced, now I just have to wait till 2013 to experience its epicness once again..

I'm glad they use the Frostbite 2 engine now, the SAGE one got old

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    umm... YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Looked like Command & Conquer :-/ Don't like that kind of setting.
    Yup its a new C & C on the frostbite engine. Nice to see somthing besides BF on it. Dunno if it will redeam the C&C series though.

This doesn't really seem like something Bioware's all that suited for, to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    This doesn't really seem like something Bioware's all that suited for, to be honest.
    A completely new studio as far as I am aware, with (to Bioware) completely new people.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Urgh why Generals? Why not a Tiberium series 4 that wasn't the worst game ever or a Red Alert 3 that wasn't a joke filled with useless utility units? I mean Generals.... Yawn :s

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

So they murder the Tiberium series with the fourth one, turned Red Alert into loltime, and decide to continue the spin off?

ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Red Alert, but Red Alert 3 wasnt' as good as 2..don't mess it up with 4.
    The Tiberium series is decent, would give it a try again if this was the next game but I have more nostalgia with Generals, love C&C Generals
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Seriously after all that shit that BioWare spew out over the course of last few years, I can't care less about their new game.

I used to love BioWare, I really did, but now they're dead to me.
    what shit are you talking about? only game i can think of that had negative reaction is DA2
    and the new game is C&C generals 2, people all fap fap over starcraft i dont understand why so much hate over rts's on this thread
    Last edited by mizeri; 2011-12-11 at 06:26 PM.

Oh man, can you imagine how verbose troops are gonna be when you give 'em orders? What if you we romance a tank? ;d

Deleted
    for the 27 seconds I watched it looks brilliant -

Trion has that nasty nasty looking game End of nation coming out soon, which will flop, As long as they make this tight with very clean Graphics, then maybe SC2 might have some online competition at last, they do seem to hog esports

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    for the 27 seconds I watched it looks brilliant -

Trion has that nasty nasty looking game End of nation coming out soon, which will flop, As long as they make this tight with very clean Graphics, then maybe SC2 might have some online competition at last, they do seem to hog esports
    EoN will be F2P so I doubt it will be a flop. They will make money hand-over-fist most likely.

Think it's somewhat different style of RTS from SC2/C&C as well. Seems to be kinda like World of Tanks but WoT RTS. But I agree it looks sorta bleh to me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    what shit are you talking about? only game i can think of that had negative reaction is DA2
    and the new game is C&C generals 2, people all fap fap over starcraft i dont understand why so much hate over rts's on this thread
    The hate wasn't RTS related, it's related to the fact that "Generals" is the wierd uncle of the "C&C" franchise.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    First mmo's and now rts's? Bioware must really have a vendetta against Blizzard considering Blizzard dominates those two sub-genres currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    First mmos', and now rtss'? Bioware must really have a vendetta against Blizzard considering Blizzard dominates those two sub-genres.
    I doubt it's Bioware that's making these decisions necessarily.

This decision has me so confused to be honest and I can really see EA exerting pressure very hard in this. It just seems so out of place to attach a Bioware tag to a C&C game, especially Generals. Honestly, I think some of the new management staff EA's been getting recently are jumping the shark pretty hard : /

10+ Year Old Account
    I am giddy as a school girl right now. I called that shit. Not the actual game but that it wasn't a brand new IP. Biowares idea of a new IP is a franchise they haven't touched before.

Is it me or is Bioware/EA trying trying to directly compete against Blizzard/Activision? It just seems so left field that Bioware would develop a RTS, no less an iconic RTS.

WTF is up with people and their negative attitudes?

EoN is going to fail

I hate Bioware

I never get why people want games to fail. As a consumer you win if the game is good. You when if the game causes competition on the market because now other developers have to make better games. Bioware is a great innovator of ideas. Trion has amazing tech and does what other companies would not do.