Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far, D3 feels a hell lot darker than D2 ever did. The envorinment is amazing and in all honesty, spells were flashy in Diablo 2 aswell, they just look a hell of a lot better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

There are some mods that kill the bright colors supposedly.
    Haven't looked into it, and probably won't either - but for those that really feel they want to play in black and white, there's the option at least.

Judging from the beta, I'd say that all the worries about ponies and rainbows were unfounded. The atmosphere seems fine.

I personally want to get into the Beta JUST to experience what all the fuss is about, Videos only go so far...

In a nutshell from someone that plays beta and played D2 D1:

- There are some darkish environment, gloomy. Ambiance is very good at creating it.
    - There are some gory doodads, bodies on the floor or impaled on a wall. Hanged people.
    - The look feels like a dark animation movie, it has a very pastel look to it.

To be honest I very like the graphics, this style fits well and they definitely gave a gloomy/creepy/dark feeling to it, I really apreciate they still made very graphic gory doodads. This is not kitty island, but this is not Dead Space either.