Pre-order codes LOCKED, regardless if you cancel?

I have a strange feeling they are locking pre-order codes as they get them. So if one were to cancel, they would.. well have the Early access anyway.

Now.. I ask this solely because of delivery issues. If I KNEW I could cancel my preorder, and it would maintain my place in the Early access, and I could order from Origin for a digital download, I'd save 10 bucks and be guaranteed access 12am the 20th.

I've tried getting Stephen to answer it.. but no luck. Any ideas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if you cancel your pre-order, you will not lose your place in line for EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Neofate View Post
    I have a strange feeling they are locking pre-order codes as they get them. So if one were to cancel, they would.. well have the Early access anyway.

Now.. I ask this solely because of delivery issues. If I KNEW I could cancel my preorder, and it would maintain my place in the Early access, and I could order from Origin for a digital download, I'd save 10 bucks and be guaranteed access 12am the 20th.

Because he's been constantly answering questions just like it.

Yes, you'll get the early access regardless.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Yes your preorder codes have nothing to do with your actual preorder. A bit of common sense on how you've used your code and the fact that half the codes were simply sat on the shelves in game shops should point you to that answer.

That's why nearly anywhere I'm aware of charged £5 for the preorder, because it paid for your early access code.

Deleted
    Yeh, i think it is to do with people having delivery issues and changing to a digital download etc.

I don't want to doubt you -- just its pretty important lol.. Any other agree?

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 06:12 PM ----------

I wasn't charged anything for it.

So I can go to bestbuy, cancel.. and go to origin and order at some point before the 20th and I'm good?

I obviously don't enter the pre-order from origin.com in.

If you're worried, just don't cancel until you are in Early Access. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    It is as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Yes your preorder codes have nothing to do with your actual preorder. A bit of common sense on how you've used your code and the fact that half the codes were simply sat on the shelves in game shops should point you to that answer.

That's why nearly anywhere I'm aware of charged £5 for the preorder, because it paid for your early access code.
    Bit unnecessary, but how does/do codes sitting unused on shelves make any difference? Enlighten me. I'm genuinely curious.

Nor can I be absolutely sure of their internal coding protocols. I don't work as a developer for Bioware.

Yes, the nature of the code is why I intuitively ask.. so I obviously used 'common sense'. Someone with a physical copy from July 21st,.. would want a little reassurance, that is all guys. I'm not the bad guy.

Tigercat: I never once saw him answer a question specifically regarding cancelling your pre-order, then ordering from Origin.com and entering that game code and your queue slot being maintained from the first pre-order you , well, cancelled.

Perhaps another day, but today, not so much.

Thanks though guys.

I saw him answer at least 10 of this same question over the past week on Twitter. All answers stated that the earlier pre-order code would not be removed unless the order was directly with Origin, as in canceling a physical order to get a digital order. What I am unsure of, though, is if you go in and add the new pre-order code from the Origin order, if that causes any issues.

I had to re-preorder the game because of my Debit card expiring this month, which obviously threw a wrench into my SWTOR-coma-before-20th-plan. The customer service over in India couldn't do a blasted thing about it except to give me a 15% discount on old games, which doesn't do anything for me. Hopefully I don't lose my spot (I did redeem preorder code) so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes.

So if you want to spend 5 dollars for a preorder code that will most likely not get you early access go ahead an preorder then cancel your preorder

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Yes.

So if you want to spend 5 dollars for a preorder code that will most likely not get you early access go ahead an preorder then cancel your preorder
    Admittidly I am tired. But that seems a little twisted.

First I've never been subjected to any $5 Pre-order fee. Just the nature of Bestbuy through an account I suppose.

But I THINK you are saying go ahead and get a digital download, that will give me a pre-order code that is worthless.. and cancel my physical copy that I already used the pre-order code on. Then I will actually have my GAME code come the 16th to be ready for launch.

Admittidly I am tired. But that seems a little twisted.

First I've never been subjected to any $5 Pre-order fee. Just the nature of Bestbuy through an account I suppose.

But I THINK you are saying go ahead and get a digital download, that will give me a pre-order code that is worthless.. and cancel my physical copy that I already used the pre-order code on. Then I will actually have my GAME code come the 16th to be ready for launch.
    If you aren't subject to a fee, why not?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I ordered Standard Digital about 1-hour after Pre-Order opened. I then pre-ordered 2 CE from Walmart. I'm just waiting for EA to actually start, then I will cancel my digital copy.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    If you aren't subject to a fee, why not?
    Not quite sure.

I can only imagine it has something to do with using a Best buy account at Best buy dot com. So there is zero charge until they ship.

There is no mention of a $5 charge.. shrug. Lucky? Maybe I'll get charged when I cancel? Honestly don't know boss.

If you pre-purchased a digital version of SWTOR that code is the it

I have to eat my words, after hours of searching and trying to get through to someone that actually knew what they were talking about (which was support-swtor.com, as EA support didnt have a clue, and swtor's phone has been down the last 24 hours) I recieved a coherent email response from a droid that explains "you do not need the pre-purchase code to play early" accept for a few isolated incidents.

My very sincere apologies
    Last edited by hannibalektr; 2011-12-14 at 12:37 PM. Reason: New information becaome available to me.