Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    If you look at the "What class will you be?" threads there aren't a lot of people saying they will be SI. I really don't think there will be as many as you think. I plan to play one for a few reasons, none of which is them being any particular power level. Their storyline intrigues me greatly. I have seen the korriban playthrough for them and I love their story so far. I want to get one companion specifically to see if I can tempt her to the dark side. She starts as a light side jedi knight. I also usually play as ranged dps and I am really not that big into sci-fi, so sith sorcerer really fits to me.

What is amusing to me is that you say "interesting class with pew pew lasers" and they are one of a few class that don't have lasers.
    This is wrong. Most of the polls show that the Sith Inquisitor and the Bounty Hunter are the most popular classes. They also say that the SI class story is one of the worst, second only to the Jedi Consular's class story.

Yes, SI will be over populated. Yes, Empire will most likely be full of FotM kiddies who want to be Darth Maul, Boba Fett, or the Emperor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled an Inquisitor (Sorcerer) to 32 in the weekend stress test, I absolutely loved the class and plan on rolling one at launch. There were a few quests that were next to impossible without certain abilities (chain lightning mostly) but overall I felt pretty strong as a class. I didn't like being part of the Empire, as everyone is either rude, trying to to stab you in the back, or lying to you most of the time, which got pretty annoying (It's not that I didn't expect this, I just didn't think it would bother me as much as it did). I really liked the dark/light options as some of the "common sense" choices would conflict with what you were actually trying to go for (Light/Dark), not to mention that many options often affected your companion's feelings towards you, which just made the choices matter even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonni View Post
    By the way, can you have a purple colored lightsaber as Empire?
    Theoretically, you can have any color on either side, light or dark alignment dictate color restriction. But, to answer you more specifically - yes because purple is a non restricted color.

I saw a TON of SI on Beta, but honestly, I was more worried about BH becoming FotM. I was seeing a ton of people saying BH is so OP and blahblah. Personally, I have been planning on lvling a BH since the game was announced, and am sticking to it.

I went Merc and LOVE the healing. I shoot ppl to heal them, thats pretty badass imo lol. Eventually, I might try a powertech to mess around with tanking, but im a healer at heart...nvr rly liked DPS though...BUT...Merc BH DPS is pretty badass, and redic powerfull. Depends on what my raid team needs.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

i really wanted to play a consular... but all my friends are rolling darkside... so i'll most likely roll an si
    imo republic is much more badass than empire

Darth Maul's awesomeness with play style of rogue? Hell yes! By the way, can you have a purple colored lightsaber as Empire?
    The playstyle of assassin is not at all like a rogue, its an enh shaman clone.

And yes to the purple light saber question:

http://imageshack.us/f/408/screenshot2011111919194.jpg/

I don't know about fotm, I always associated that with the most op class in pvp at any given time, at this time, that is definitely BH.

I rolled SIS when I first got into beta, then leveled a trooper and assassin and they just weren't for me, I always play the first year or two as a caster/healer though in any game.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at Trooper/Vanguard, Sith Warrior/Marauder, and maybe an Imperial Agent.

The Inquisistor is popular (in my opinion) because it's a force lighting using, double-bladed lightsaber using, sith. It's like Darth Maul, and the emperor rolled into one, AND you can make that person look whatever way you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    So far sith assassins can unleash an insane amount of burst in pvp, so they're in a pretty good place atm. And I agree that their popularity stems from UUUUUUUUNNNNNLIMITEDD POWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    I think there is no FOTM spec, everything seems balanced to me. I will play sith assasin because is fun and I love double-bladed lightsabers ^^
    It's looking to be pretty FOTM:
    http://swtorprogress.com/members.php

I'm honestly going SI for the sorc healing...

...and the lightning

I have no idea what is strong, but I chose Jedi Counselor because it looks the most fun to me. I enjoyed my mage most in WoW so I think I'll like Sage. Plus no one in my group of friends is going sage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    The playstyle of assassin is not at all like a rogue, its an enh shaman clone.

And yes to the purple light saber question:

http://imageshack.us/f/408/screenshot2011111919194.jpg/
    A stealther who is required to strike from the behind with some of its attacks isn't a close to rogue with other similar skills (sap, sprint, stuns etc)?

Thanks for the screen - pure awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    It's looking to be pretty FOTM
    FOTM implies that next month it will be different. People are pointing out that the reason Sith Inquisitor is so high is not because of anything that Bioware can easily augment in order to get people to switch classes. People just seem to be prone to the class from an inherent design standpoint.

Every mmo I start playing I swear to myself I'm going to roll the rogue style class and every time I end up rolling a healer. This time I really am going to roll and assassin. No more healing for me.

SI will be the most popular class at first but I don't know if you can consider the beginning of an MMO to have a FOTM since most people going in won't really know exactly what they want to roll.

The first FOTM will be IA Sniper. They have CRAZY damage and a great story (also they are one of two pure dps classes). I'd say FOTM rerollers will start happening around Feb.
    Last edited by strafefaster; 2011-12-12 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the sorc is the caster class. I usually play casters, and in beta i enjoyed myself and it stuck.

After the first ambush on their cloth armor they will reroll Assassins or Operatives. I'm pretty sure.

Unless they make them into frost mages of SWTOR.

I'm pretty much torn what to roll TBH...

si-sorc was pretty popular in beta, as was bh-merc. ia-sniper will be popular, though i myself perfer the ia-operative.

It's because of Seethe, the best ability in the game.

I mean who doesn't want to be Darth Maul.

A stealther who is required to strike from the behind with some of its attacks isn't a close to rogue with other similar skills (sap, sprint, stuns etc)?

Thanks for the screen - pure awesomeness!
    There are some similarities. I was merely saying that if you compare it to WoW, assassins are much closer to enh shamans than rogues (Operatives inherited poisons, combo points, executions, stealth openers, and so on), sins on the other hand are half physical / half magic damage, and rely on close range attacks every bit as much as on melee attacks (discharge, shock make a big portion of your damage).

And no prob

I'd figure because of the force lightning because unless you want to shoot a gun or hit things with a light saber, it's the only way to be a "caster" with "spells".

I'm still on the fence between a sith juggernaut or assassin. Either smash shit with the force? Or shoot lightning at shit with the force? Honestly can't choose.

And what makes it more difficult is that out of the 5 people signed up for the guild, we already have 2 assassins and a juggernaut tank. :/ I guess I'll go juggernaut and dps because I'm assuming that one of the assassins will tank, but it's still lame.