Post AC Respec: The Great Debate

One of the biggest arguments lately was the ability (or lack thereof) to change your Advanced Class.
    There were a lot of well made points on both sides of the debate but sadly I didn't save the posts before the servers were wiped.

An overwhelming majority (i think maybe 70% - 80% in one poll) were against AC Respecs.
    I am part of the minority. Don't hate me.

There were some points against AC Respec that I actually agreed with, and were valid concerns for major problems that could arise if AC Respec was implemented. However the most common argument- that "AC Respec = Class Change", was a rather faulty and biased concern in my opinion.

So my question to you guys (while we wait for Early Access) is:

Do you like the idea of AC Respec (why / why not)?
    -and-
    What makes a class a class in SWTOR?

This thread again. No thanks. Don't need another flame fest.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    This thread again. No thanks. Don't need another flame fest.
    Pretty much this.

I'm against AC Respecs because I don't feel being able to Respec from a Rogue to a Priest seems like a good thing at all.

whereas people are under the assumption there are only 4 classes in this game and not 8.

Even the CREATORS of SW:TOR have said, AC's are the equivalent of choosing a brand new class in other MMO's.

Like all things in the MMO community, people will complain and bitch about anything they please, I for one just hope Bioware doesn't give into wrong side.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

You need to look at it this way. Their are technically only 4 classes in the game, each has their own mirror on the opposing faction. Each of the 4, have 2 AC's to chose from. Your AC is your independent class. Not the class you chose to create. You are not a Sith Warrior, you are a Sith Juggernaut / Marauder.
    So I was giving a speech in Iraq when some guy threw a shoe and he missed.The first thing on my mind was "LoL not even hitcapped"

I don't think there has been any part of this debate that hasn't been discussed to death already.
    #TeamTinkers

Don't need more of these threads.