Thread: Syria

Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Why is every "person" in that video skin white like plastic. I mean I've never seen a dead person but I don't think they all turn out like that.
    the blood is no longer circulating.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2013-01-29 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by janzeer View Post
    [video=youtube;oBPVG_i8cko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBPVG_i8cko[video]
    Wasn't that supposed to explode when it hit the ground or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    What`s the point in zooming on the Russian words?

Deleted
    I really hope we do not get dragged into this, this is not our business and we should let them duke it out themselves. Thats the whole point of a civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I really hope we do not get dragged into this, this is not our business and we should let them duke it out themselves. Thats the whole point of a civil war.
    I'm starting to disagree. Assad is holding out longer than he really should have. It's even looking like he's got a shot at winning now. I say we shell the shit out of his compounds for a bit, then call it a day and see what the rebels do with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm starting to disagree. Assad is holding out longer than he really should have. It's even looking like he's got a shot at winning now. I say we shell the shit out of his compounds for a bit, then call it a day and see what the rebels do with it.
    That kind of attitude is why the USA gets called the world police, and since the UK is the 51st state we will get dragged into it as well. At most we should be supplying them with munitions and medical supplies, we should not start using our military to support one side during a civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kind of attitude is why the USA gets called the world police, and since the UK is the 51st state we will get dragged into it as well. At most we should be supplying them with munitions and medical supplies, we should not start using our military to support one side during a civil war.
    So what if Assad wins? What then?

Or worse, what if we're 20 years down the road and this war is still going?

We've lost enough soldiers in the middle east, and wasted enough money on "stabilising the region" (which was relatively stable until the CIA decided to go assassinate their leaders in the 70s and 80s in order to set up puppet regimes). I vote we keep the hell out of Syria. It isn't our fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    So every family member and friend of those who died in the shit shelling can have US to blame? If our goal is to breed more terrorist, than by all means, shit shell every where.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:50 PM ----------

Let's look at our help with the Iraq v Iran war and what happened 20 years later. We are not the ones who decide if a foreign nation is happy with our interference. If we are the ones who install a government and it fails as it has before, we get the blame. We inherit the responsibility....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    So every family member and friend of those who died in the shit shelling can have US to blame? If our goal is to breed more terrorist, than by all means, shit shell every where.
    The French did basically the same thing for us. And France is more or less the only major nation that America has never gone to war with.

So instead of choosing a side to defend you would suggest we sell armaments to both sides for a profit?
    Either way it could be worse, we could be litting them kill the majority of each others forces before involving ourselves and conquering both parties areselves and asserting dominance to control said country under the guise of doing what we perceive as best for it's people.

But yeah just be glad we play the big brother role and not the assertive parent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The French did basically the same thing for us. And France is more or less the only major nation that America has never gone to war with.
    They even gave us a statue that lost all meaning. How about more recent history and what happened with out help to Iraq in their war vs Iran, 20 years later?

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sidegrade View Post
    So instead of choosing a side to defend you would suggest we sell armaments to both sides for a profit?
    We give, not sell. You are also excluding medical supplies from his reply. He is on point, feed and provide medicine to the people. You make the people strong and come in with bread instead of guns.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted

Fuck all to do with us, I am fed up of our troops being killed, crippled or traumatized for life trying to stabilize some shithole. The war in Afghanistan has been going on for 11 years now, the war in Iraq was almost 9 years. In that time we have had thousands of our troops lose their lives, limbs or minds at the same time driving our countries to be near bankrupt due to the cost.

Let Syria sort their own shit out and let our troops have a few years rest, they have earned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let Syria sort their own shit out and let our troops have a few years rest, they have earned it.
    I don't think they'll be getting any rest regardless. Our destroyers are going to be sitting in the gulf indefinitely, whether they're shooting at anything or not.

Deleted
    I don't think they'll be getting any rest regardless. Our destroyers are going to be sitting in the gulf indefinitely, whether they're shooting at anything or not.
    Doesn't mean we have to commit any Military forces. I am getting fed up with being told that we are trying to police the world, fine, let the world police itself for a while. NATO should look after its own and let the African and middle eastern countries beat the living shit out of each other, as they have always done throughout history.

Deleted
    Let's keep out of this and let Assad win. It will be for the good of everyone. Just do not send our troops to death please.
    Last edited by mmoc409269e0e9; 2013-03-02 at 06:18 PM. Reason: corrected a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    Let's keep out of this and let Assad win. It will be for the good of everyone. Just do not send our troops to death please.
    How is that better for anyone?

I'm the opposite. I think we definitely have a human moral obligation to end suffering and to fight dictators. Mind you that without France's help among other geopolitical events, the US would have never become a country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm the opposite. I think we definitely have a human moral obligation to end suffering and to fight dictators. Mind you that without France's help among other geopolitical events, the US would have never become a country.
    We would be at constant war then. Where next? There are loads of African countries that have even worst dictators, and new ones popping up all the time. It would be a never ending task.

Doesn't mean we have to commit any Military forces. I am getting fed up with being told that we are trying to police the world, fine, let the world police itself for a while. NATO should look after its own and let the African and middle eastern countries beat the living shit out of each other, as they have always done throughout history.
    You don't believe that. I know you're better than this. Be the better man and stand up for what's right.