Thread: Syria

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Genadi ,
    I only wish more syrian would have been like you . the cruelty of your regime is well known to us in Israel and we raly do Ache for you .

I realy wish we could help you in your time of need and that you will survive and win your fair and just fight .

me and others like me will spread the word but sadly - the world knows and choose not to act . they see the vidoes on youtube that shows only the tip of the iceberg of Assad and his allies cruelty . the UN knows what's going on but still won't come to your help because of china and russia political games...

I truely wish you and all your loved ones to see the day the assad dynasty will fall and you regain freedom and the rights of your own land .

also , we know the border invasion was a move made by Assad in an attempt to put Israel in the spotlight instead of his crimes against humanity instead . but sadly , there are many syrians that consider us an enemy and wish us all dead .

I can tell from your post you only wish to live free (as you deserve) and in peace (as we should) . I pray we live to see those days shortly .

I know there isn't much comfort I can give you but I will say this :

the syrian people have the power now . they are the vast majority and they are no longer afraid from the Assad family who murdered over 60,000 people so far .

YOU WILL WIN THIS! ASSAD WILL FALL!

just be strong and live to see it , and hopefully soon the world will remember to fight for justice rather than for interests.

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 07:07 PM ----------

China and Russia sell weapons to Syria . they're also not a big supporters of human rights . china has none and Russia only pretends to have them . ofc they have much to lose by standing up against Assad but sometimes doing what's right (which is what we should all aim for) comes with a great cost .

as for Israel and human rights , I realy don't want to grab the attention from this very important thread but I can tell you 2 things :

1) I'm as Israeli as most of us here .
    2) feel free to contact me if you want to continue this . if you have questions I'll do my best to answer them . I don't know how many Israelis you know but I'm offering you an oppertunity to know at least one .
    I can tell you one thing, I won't have Israeli lecturing me about human rights. That would be the very height if irony the way your nation behaves.
    I know none, because what Israel does on a regular basis digusts me and the means with which they justify it make me furious.

---------- Post added 2011-06-22 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gendi Abyad View Post
    You can sign this petition:
    gopetition . c o m /petitions/bashar-al-assad-ought-to-be-condemned-by-international . h t m l
    Petitions do very little.
    You must've missed what I and others have said: Watching murder and war on TV is not unusual to us, another conflict in another country... it's just that regular people don't care for it.
    Everyone feels for people suffering, and everyone already knows.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    /facedesk. Crimes against humanity are being carried out and all you care about is the correct forum being used?
    Poor you. Hope you'll get over it.

As time passes the world get more and more a fucked up place ...

Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    As time passes the world get more and more a fucked up place ...
    Indeed. In future we'll see insane big casualty numbers since "mo' ppl - mo' problems". The biggest religions should atleast wake up and let people use prevention to pregnancy freely and do abortion if wanted. Too bad it wouldn't be enough tho...

Deleted
    Peaceful demonstrations?? while you are being shot at and tortured? Go raid a gun shop and blow their heads to pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hmm, no.. I'm not just going to tell all my friends about something most people don't care about.
    Especially not some one-sided story.

There are official (international) ways to handle this, it's called the UN, Amnesty International and other things.
    One-sided? Is that really how you see this? We don't have to look very far back in history to see what power in the hands of a cruel individual(s) can do. People don't care because as long as it's not on their doorstep it doesn't matter. That's what's wrong with humanity, we have lost all sense of 'love thy neighbour', it's really sad.

Keep fighting for justice, freedom and for what is right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to it being revealed that the OP is a 40 year old white man in England just like every one of these "inside" cry for help posts, blogs, facebooks, etc.

As for Syria, ya it absolutely sucks what is going on there. Sorry, but there is nothing a bunch of people on an internet forum can do for you. I hope you Syrians manage to throw off the oppression of your false "republic" and establish an actual democratic republic. I really do. But frankly, I would rather our countries not get involved. I am sick to death of the US, the UN, and NATO being begged for assistance and when it is offered everyone turns their nose up at them and calls them invaders. We are dumping billions of our tax dollars into your countries to try and win your freedom. If we accidentally kill a handful of innocents I don't want to hear your whining and bitching through the media.

It is a shame it really is. What the Syrian government is doing with the brutal murders of even children is disgusting. But frankly, fight and win your own independence and stop trying to get assistance from outside countries that you slander up to needing their help and will slander a week after they help you win your independence.

Oh an also, most of us know what and where Syria is. We aren't all complete morons or don't only have education that doesn't extend outside of our borders. Okay. Most is a little bit of a stretch considering a lot of Americans can't name the Vice President of our own damn country. Any American who makes an effort to care about anything outside of NASCAR knows what and where Syria is.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-22 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Good luck brother, alot of our people/family/friends were put in prison, tortured, raped, murdered in Syria by this regime for years.
    Our village is close to the Syrian border (about 50km). I know your heart is burning, i wish u the best and patience.

Deleted
    Hmm, no.. I'm not just going to tell all my friends about something most people don't care about.
    Especially not some one-sided story.

There are official (international) ways to handle this, it's called the UN, Amnesty International and other things.
    One sided? Indeed, the children they tortured and killed were all enemies of the state. /facepalm

This is one of the major reasons the world is so fucked up atm, ppl with this mentality of "if it isn't afecting me, i don't give a flying fuck."
    Last edited by mmoc40ef98ccdf; 2011-06-22 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    No, the problem are people that go "someone on this forum said they torture kids, so we have to send soldiers, liberate the country and kill a million in the process."
    Actualy i've known that they are torturing children to terrorise their own ppl trough the news.

And he isn't asking for soldiers to go there and solve the problem, he just want to spread the word of what is going in his homeland.
    Last edited by mmoc40ef98ccdf; 2011-06-22 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I can tell you one thing, I won't have Israeli lecturing me about human rights. That would be the very height if irony the way your nation behaves.
    I know none, because what Israel does on a regular basis digusts me and the means with which they justify it make me furious.

---------- Post added 2011-06-22 at 09:57 AM ----------

Lecturing?! maybe you havn't read my post . I offered to talk so we both could have a better unferstanding on Israeli's concept of human rights and they way others (and yourself) see it .

you can say alot of things about Israel and human rights but can you srsly compare the only true democracy in the middle-east to regimes like Iran,Iraq,Lybia,Syria etc . ? Israel did not kill 1500 citizens in 3 monthes nor raped women or totured children . Egyptian,Lybian and Syrian soldiers did .

instead of being "furious" maybe you should be more open minded for true discussion and not being all hatefull toward the ppl of Israel which you won't know since ourr nation's acts "disgust you" .

your response is a slap in the face to the ppl of Syria if you even slightly compare the suffer they undergo for decades (you only hear about it now because they finally fight back the minority's government) to the way arabs being treated in Israel .

did you know that an arab student gets priority over a jewish student in university slots or public service positions ? in my class alone 60% of the students are Arabs (both muslims and christians) . how many jewish student goes to Arab universities ? but don't letall that facts thing confuse you...
    Last edited by leorana; 2011-06-22 at 12:40 PM.

The problem is that since the country has no tactical stakes in the UN, they simply don't care enough. And even if this does get to the news and the entire world hears about it, that still does nothing.

People are apathetic. A family of 5 will be sitting and watching tv, and they'll see the madness that's gripped Syria. The killings, the atrocities, and they'll feel terrible and say "Oh wow that's aweful"...and then they'll go back to their dinners.

The only way this kind of power lock Syria is stuck in can be fixed is via show of force, or covert assassination. That's the blunt end of things. Protests do nothing except fill the pockets of journalists, and needlessly get people killed. Peaceful or not. If the UN hasn't stepped in by now, they honestly have no intention to. Same thing happened in Rwanda. The UN knew WAY beforehand that a civil war was going to break out between the hutus and tutsis, and they only sent people in there months after the genocide was over, with 'sorry' stapled on their foreheads to save the effort of making it sound honest.

To the OP, please don't think I don't care about Syria, it's troubles, it's people, and about you and your safety. I just want to get the message across that if anything is going to change, it isn't going to happen with hand holding. Society's held up by the bones of dead men. War shapes this world. It's human nature. More often than not the world gets it right and the mad and cruel are kept away from the big red buttons, but sometimes they fall through the cracks in the system, and change is a result. Nothing more, nothing less. It's the cycle of humanity, and as long as positions of superior power exist in the world there will always be those who try to take it.

I hope the situation is resolved one way or another, sooner rather than later. But people need to stop being so nieve and thinking this doesn't happen every day all over the world. Because guess what. It does.
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2011-06-22 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    The problem is that since the country has no tactical stakes in the UN, they simply don't care enough. And even if this does get to the news and the entire world hears about it, that still does nothing.

People are apathetic. A family of 5 will be sitting and watching tv, and they'll see the madness that's gripped Syria. The killings, the atrocities, and they'll feel terrible and say "Oh wow that's aweful"...and then they'll go back to their dinners.

The only way this kind of power lock Syria is stuck in can be fixed is via show of force, or covert assassination. That's the blunt end of things. Protests do nothing except fill the pockets of journalists, and needlessly get people killed. Peaceful or not. If the UN hasn't stepped in by now, they honestly have no intention to. Same thing happened in Rwanda. The UN knew WAY beforehand that a civil war was going to break out between the hutus and tutsis, and they only sent people in there months after the genocide was over, with 'sorry' stapled on their foreheads to save the effort of making it sound honest.

To the OP, please don't think I don't care about Syria, it's troubles, it's people, and about you and your safety. I just want to get the message across that if anything is going to change, it isn't going to happen with hand holding. Society's held up by the bones of dead men. War shapes this world. It's human nature. More often than not the world gets it right and the mad and cruel are kept away from the big red buttons, but sometimes they fall through the cracks in the system, and change is a result. Nothing more, nothing less. It's the cycle of humanity, and as long as positions of superior power exist in the world there will always be those who try to take it.I hope the situation is resolved is resolved one way or another, sooner rather than later. But people need to stop being so nieve and thinking this doesn't happen every day all over the world. Because guess what. It does.
    I tend to agree with you on most parts .

some ppl on this thread question why should the US send soldiers to help the syrian ppl and probably cause more casualties in the procees . imao they are both right and wrong . right - because the US should not solely come to the rescue of any nation or people in need - this is why the UN was established for . USA is cobsidered the leader of the free world and as such the free world automatically expect them to rush in every time something like that happens , but this is not the USA job , it's the UN's!

although we've seen the US aid nations swiftly when they had the interest to do so this is acceptable . what better reason to do somthing rather than for your own good ?

the UN unfortunatly is a rotten beurocratic entity which fails to protect those in need . it allowed genocides goes undisturbed many times in the past and still does today . the international community tried to say a "big no no" to Assad (I'm sure he lacks sleep now due to the horror) - but China and Russia veto this . if the UN can't even get non-military actions against Assad : a proven mass murderer , how can they pass a decision to actually send troops? the UN doesn't care . the Arab league doesn't care so why should the USA ? (even though you clearly do) .

the wrong part is that the right thing is to fight fo the just . this is the burden of being good . I do not think the USA should carry that burden alone but if no one , and sadly the UN learned to rely on NATO doing their fights, but if no one will take action - what will become on the syrian ppl and what would it say about us - citizens of the free world - for letting that happen ?

Thank you all for your sympathy, and I respect all opinions whatever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post

And he isn't asking for soldiers to go there and solve the problem, he just want to spread the word of what is going in his homeland.
    That's exactly what I want, to spread the word, I don't want any country in the world to send their soldiers because this will only make the situation more complicated, and I don't any one to die for us.

Please spread this video because it has English subtitle, few videos do.
    youtube . c o m / watch?v=jEhVTbaKNwc

Thank you again.

To be frank nobody asked for NATOs help in Iraq or Afghanistan. That was an in house initiative.

Secondly Syria will follow the path of Bahrain. You ask what happened in Bahrain? Yeah see my point?

You think Libya is bad? Bahrain was 100 times worse. Still is. They sent doctors to jail for treating wounded protesters. The reason its not in the news? Why the fifth fleet is based there.

In Syria it is worse than what most people think!

Deleted
    Do you think the readers have ties In with the military?
    Nations problems should be sorted by themselves, every other country has there X set problems, everyone knows of you're problem, It's repeated every 15 minutes on the news channel a-day.

£160m Libya Is costing the UK currently, and were "kinda" In recession, cut-backs being made, dumb government elected, we've got a problem, Greece has a problem, I could name more.
    Though you mentioned you don't want military involved, what do you want? Us the ask nicely "Plx step down" Power has been displayed, what would anyone do given the opportunity, Hes flexing his muscles, he won't pass the torch, he'll rather see "his/her" people suffer In the long run. You by all means can use you're human life to protest.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    And how exactly am I supposed to 'help'?

To be honest I'd rather help starving children in Africa...
    u might want to try read something about on what the "help" for the starving in africa goes actually...
    and tbh... getting 59832175808 followers on facebook, here or any other shit wont help either...
    think about the countries that get out from soviet union "occupation" in 90's without help from others...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

I am sick to death of the US, the UN, and NATO being begged for assistance and when it is offered everyone turns their nose up at them and calls them invaders. We are dumping billions of our tax dollars into your countries to try and win your freedom. If we accidentally kill a handful of innocents I don't want to hear your whining and bitching through the media.
    A lot of the countries we so gently liberated didn't ask for our help. I cases like Libya some of the people might have asked for help, but we still don't know how many of the people actually wanted us to interfere.. of course it feels like we are invading their country to the people that didn't want our help. And its probably not the same people that wanted us to help, that are complaining about civilian deaths.. its probably the people that told us to stay out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant really say much past I think we should build a big wall around the middle east and let you all sot your problems out yourselfs... sick of hearing about stuff going on and our governments having to pay for it, sorry but just my thoughts. We have problems of our own, not as extreme as yours but still problems that need fixing finacialy...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77