Thread: Tim Tebow

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoneum View Post
    he clearly had nothing to do with Marion Barber fumbling the game away.
    Naw, dude, he totally prayed that ball away from Barber. You could see the invisible hand of Jesus separating the ball from Marion's arms.

Give Tebow credit: he takes advantage of the opportunities he gets late in games.

However, he gets more opportunities and favorable breaks (not of his own making) than any QB I have ever seen in 30 years of watching football. Heck, probably more than any 3 QB's combined. It's almost like he gets the Tuck Rule call every week, instead of being the one big break in a season. That Bears game really shows this quite clearly.

If the Bears get a single extra first down on any of their last 4 posessions, they almost certainly win.
    If the Bears stay in their base defense and don't go into the Prevent, the Bears almost certainly win.
    If Barber doesn't run out of bounds, the Bears almost certainly win.
    If the Denver kicker doesn't make one of the longest FGs in NFL history, the Bears win
    If the Denver defense doesn't force a fumble in OT, the Bears almost certainly win

Every week it's the same thing: a whole slew of events have to combine to give Tebow the opportunity to win, and he takes advantage of the opportunity, and he gets the job done. Other QBs would get virtually none of these opportunities in the first because it's almost impossible for these kinds of sequences of events to actually happen, nevermind happen almost every week. And keep in mind that the main reason Tebow has to lead a comeback at all every game is because he blows so badly in the first 3+ quarters of games. How do you go 18-24 passing in the 4th quarter of a game and BARELY COMPLETE 50% FOR THE GAME? (he was 21-40 in the game because he started 3-16)

Eventually his luck will start evening out. And when it does, Tebow could crash harder than the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Honestly I think what happens is that he lulls the other teams to sleep with how terrible he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
    If Denver had some wide outs that could actually catch the ball when it's in their hands, Tim's numbers would be awesome. However, at times they look horrifically bad. Not that Tim hasn't made some huge mistakes, but he can't catch the ball for his receivers. I think I counted like 5 to 7 dropped passes that should have NEVER been dropped.
    One thing I notice with Tebow supporters: they get very defensive about his incompletions, and so any pass anywhere close to a receiver is a "drop". That pass hit the receiver in the foot. HE SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT!

Every QB gets at least couple of drops/week on average. Good QBs tend to get fewer drops because the ball placement is better and more consistent.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Honestly I think what happens is that he lulls the other teams to sleep with how terrible he is.
    I call it the Rope-a-Dope QB style (named after Ali, of course). It definitely worked against KC who stayed in a heavy run-prevent defense and then Tebow actually managed to complete a pass and burned them deep. The Bears overcompensated against it and went into a prevent defense, allowing Tebow to make short dump passes for big gains the whole way down the field.

I want to start out by saying, I am by no means a die-hard Tebow supporter. But you have to admit, he knows how to close games. I mean, down by double digits in the fourth quarter in how many games and comes back for a win? As someone said before it is only his second year, you can't exactly try to compare him to Rodgers and Brady. That's just a silly thing to do. He has barely a fraction of their games played. Personally I believe his biggest advantage is his ability to run. It forces defenses to not drop back as deep just incase he decides to tuck it and run. If you look at the replay of the 4th quarter td, as soon as he gets close to the line the db's all start to come forward leaving the receiver wide open in the corner. It may not have been intention but I feel like his running power definitely makes backs think twice about going too deep into coverage. Just my 2 cents, ofcourse.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Tim Tebow Rap - All He Does Is Win

The Tim Tebow Rap Song All He Does is Win

cameos by: Lil Weezy, Nelly, Hulk Hogan..

beat is FIERCE and they go at it hard!

Ok that was better then I was expecting (The rap that is)

10+ Year Old Account
    hey im not a Tebow fan by any stretch of the imagination i think hes more suited for situational purposes rather than being a starting QB
    and i also people forget how well the Broncos defense have been playing as well

with that out the way i cant help but admire his will to win and how he seems to elevate his game play when it counts and aside from that hes really humble and he doesnt shy from the fact that he doesnt play a perfect game

its kind of nice to see that in an age where alot of pro athletes have some sense of entitlement deserved or not aside from the fact that they are paid millions to play a game

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't deserve the hate that he gets also he doesn't deserve all the credit that fans give him I just don't get why there can't be a middle ground on this player. Is he winning sure but the way there winning will not cut it come playoffs when there down by 2-3 TD's. It's fun watching him play well at least in the 4th quarter and he is a good advertising tool for Denver that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I think what some people seem to forget is that in this season there are really only four (arguably three) quarterbacks who are great quarterbacks.

- Brady
    - Brees
    - Rodgers
    - Manning (questionable as he sometimes plays sketchy)

The rest are really just trying to not lose. Any subsequent comparisons involving Friar Tebow simply aren't legitimate.
    I wouldnt put Eli in the group of those 3, but then again I wouldnt even have that group of 3 at all. For me it would be something like this:

A) Rodgers

B) Brady, Brees

C) Eli, Big Ben, Matt Schaub (before he got hurt), Romo

D) Rivers, Cam Newton, Vick, Matt Ryan

Then theres everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    ... has a 55 minute Enrage timer.
    So much win.

The Tebow train will be derailed when Brady rolls into town. Look Tim, its a REAL quarterback!

Tim Tebow has no cd on his Divine Protection
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    The author of that article has serious problems. That man needs a hug, or a teddy bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Tim Tebow has no cd on his Divine Protection
    lol very nice, but maybe he should try popping it a little earlier. Id be interesting to see how he handles a lead early in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    The author of that article has serious problems. That man needs a hug, or a teddy bear.
    haha@needs a hug, or a teddy bear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    I wouldnt put Eli in the group of those 3, but then again I wouldnt even have that group of 3 at all. For me it would be something like this:

A) Rodgers

B) Brady, Brees

Switch Rivers and Romo and you may be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    He does not deserve all the hate people give him for non-football related things. Bash him for making a bad throw? Go ahead. Bash him for his religion, just wrong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post

A) Rodgers

B) Brady, Brees

You need to replace Rodgers with Sexy Rexy.
    Keep The Beats!

Tebow has enjoyed a lucky streak mostly due to the defense stepping up and playing vs mediocre teams.

I see Tebow somehow getting to the playoffs, getting utterly humiliated (detroit lions style), starting the next season maybe 2-8, and getting benched, then cut.

Out of the league within a year.

Seriously people, you don't survive in the NFL as a QB if you suck at throwing the football. Getting all the credit when your team wins doesn't make you a better player.

It's like saying the bears got to the superbowl because of Rex Grossman.....