10+ Year Old Account

Broken Ipod taking it into apple tomorow

Not completely sure if this is the right forum but hope so.
    My Ipod broke, my own fault as I forgot to check my pockets when putting my cloths into wash and it went into wash too, ever since then it won't turn on at all or even be recognized by my computer when plugged in.

I'm taking it in to the apple store tomorrow (Australian apple store) it's a 32gig 4th gen Ipod, I still have 90 days left on the hardware warranty.

I just wanted to check if anyone knows if that warranty covers water damage and if not, if there's anything I can do to kind of hide the fact its water damaged. I saw a video on youtube where a guy said all you need to do is get a tiny tiny bit of tissue and put it in the headphone jack to cover up the red, I shined a light in the headphone jack to check if its red and it doesn't appear obviously red, but might be a tiny bit.

While I don't know any cover ups for this, my advice is if you accidently water damage an electronic you should take the battery out and let the item and battery dry for 3-4 days (Some people put it in a bowl of rice to soak up the water). Then try to get it to work. This method saved my mp4 (I left it outside and it got rained on ended up weighing like 10 lbs)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Most electrical warranty does not cover water death, and there is little you can do to hide the water damage, water is actually pretty corrosive when it comes to circuitry as soon as it is opened up they will spot it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    The warranty does not cover water damage. I don't know of anything you might be able to do with it, sorry bout that.

Here is a video to ease your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Most electrical warranty does not cover water death, and there is little you can do to hide the water damage, water is actually pretty corrosive when it comes to circuitry as soon as it is opened up they will spot it.
    Dang I was afraid of that.
    Looks like I'll be out $300 then D;

Give it to apple, atleast make good use of their support. Apple is pretty generous when it comes to consumer support.

The thing has two water markers in it I believe, if either of them are exposed to water they change color and Apple will not cover it, unless you get a REALLY generous Apple store employee in a REALLY good mood. If both of them are exposed, you're boned.
    Last edited by Nellah; 2011-12-12 at 02:51 PM.
    Super casual.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Keller said. No it's not covered by warranty but Apple usually gives you one or two free repairs/replacements for damages not covered by warranty, especially if you got Apple Care.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)