attonement and the legendary staff

Just a curious question, as my priest will never be putting together the legendary. But I was just thinking about attonement and the legendary staff. So let's say I was smiting as a disc priest, and it procced a double smite, would it also proc a double heal? I'd imagine it would has anyone tried that out for fun?

I doubt the proc would heal as the proc is arcane damage called Wrath of Tarecgosa. In fact, that said I would bet money on no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irloki View Post
    I doubt the proc would heal as the proc is arcane damage called Wrath of Tarecgosa. In fact, that said I would bet money on no.
    Actually, the proc is only called Wrath of Tarecgosa when it procs from a DoT. If it procs from a single target spell it simply duplicates it and does not show as another spell in the combat logs.

This was tested WAY back with 1 of the early ones made - it does duplicate the Smite and Holy Fire, but does not proc the Atonement effects.

No, the proc only does damage. And it's sad when the proc goes onto our shitty dot.

I know it has no internal CD, but it's still sad.
    Last edited by FieryBull; 2011-12-12 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    No, the proc only does damage. And it's sad when the proc goes onto our shitty dot.
    Proc has no internal CD iirc. So it going to your dot is not like its wasted for your DD spells.

Thanks for the thoughts, that is disapointing that it wouldn't proc atonement. It would be interesting if it did

a copied smite does heal as smite specced disc
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyna View Post
    a copied smite does heal as smite specced disc
    Do you have some kind of proof of this like logs? Because this is the first I have heard/seen that it actually does do this despite that it is only intended to copy spells and not their side effects.

dont have logs but i sometimes smiteheal 5 manns and i got the legendary and parrot(scrolling combat text addon) always shows a double heal when i get a smite procc (and the tank actually gets more life than he would from a single smite)

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 10:24 PM ----------

hm just tested it on a dummy it seem to not work there but im quite sure i got that double heal in the 5 mann ->confused

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 10:27 PM ----------

two options it´s bugged in 5 manns or more likely i just messed up and wanted to believe it double heals
    have to test in a 5 mann sometime
    Last edited by Ravyna; 2011-12-12 at 09:25 PM.
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/crqa6...ment%22&page=1

In my logs I see double-smites but not the associated double atonements from them.

Deleted
    I'm 100% sure that the staff copies the damage but does not trigger atonement.