Deleted

Leveling as tank slow?

Hey guys didnt have the chance to play beta, im just wandering is leveling as sith jugg immortal/jedi guardian defense lot slower than leveling as a dps spec?
    I would like to level one but i really dont enjoy slow leveling spec ( i remember trying to level a priest in wow after leveling a hunter....no thx)

Thanks for any input

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering you will always have a companion and some of them do some pretty good dps or can be a pocket healer, there is no reason you should go slow. Hell, it might even be faster and you can probably knock out heroic quests by yourself with your companion.

I lvled my Guardian to level 18, and than leveled a bounty hunter merc (dps spec) to 17.

I experienced similar speeds
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Ah thats great to know.Thanks a lot guys.

Deleted
    Yeah, I intend to level as healer, but I'll just pull out a nice DPS companion and let him do all the fighting whilst I sit back and heal, you could do similar.

Deleted
    Yes and no. Less dps but less downtime.

Got a defense Guardian to 21 in no time, and it wasn't that slow at all, especially not when you aquired Kira.

Pretty much any spec can do well leveling, even solo. I believe they intentionally designed it that way.

Deleted
    I leveled a Sith Warrior to 23 during the Beta. Since you get Vette as your First Companion, you won't be slowed down too much, since her DPS is sometimes high enough for you to have problems holding aggro even after Level 14, when you get your First Aggro Skills. The First Companion seems to be always based around covering your initial class' weaknesses so i guess there won't be a class significantly faster than the rest of them.

Early leveling will be about the same, you won't notice a drop in damage till late 20s early 30s in comparison to dps classes. When this happens though, getting some presence I found really helped. Leveled as Powertech tank speced BH and with some presence, Mako's healing and DPS were really good and she made up a lot of my damage and kept me topped off which was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched from Shadow DPS to Tank at about level 25 I think (whenever you get Kinetic Shield) and I didn't notice a difference. I did notice that when I did a better job tanking things went down faster since my companion healed less often than when I was lazy.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Deleted
    Got to 37 in the beta, and its first after 30~ something you will notice difference between tank/dps/heal specs in leveling.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled up to 28 on my Vanguard Trooper. It was really quick considering my companion just blasted everything there while I just pulled aggro.

Since your companion does great DPS it's not that much slower, and your downtime is lot lower and harder mobs is easier.