Thread: 3v3 Comp help!

10+ Year Old Account

3v3 Comp help!

My brother recently got an account and he is really good on his only 85 toon (Ret Pally)
    And the only toon im actually pvping is my Resto Shammy, so this is a simple question.

If we want to do 3s, which class is viable? I heard that Hunter, DK or Warrior are decent choices.
    Is Ret/Resto/X even viable for 2000+ ?

:S

Deleted
    Yes, resto shaman ret paladin + x is viable. Maybe not for glad but up to 2.2k skill > comp/gear. You could add rogue (shares alot of dr though), mage (for some insane bursts) to your list. Keep practicing and make ur own strat aka try different things when you are loosing etc and dont be afraid to ask I will be glad to help you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjockeez View Post
    Yes, resto shaman ret paladin + x is viable. Maybe not for glad but up to 2.2k skill > comp/gear. You could add rogue (shares alot of dr though), mage (for some insane bursts) to your list. Keep practicing and make ur own strat aka try different things when you are loosing etc and dont be afraid to ask I will be glad to help you out.
    Thanks for the response! We tried with frost mage, but he (the mage) said that he was more busy on keeping people off me than actually dpsing, in one arena (cant remember which one), my brother had 600k dmg and he had 250k, so i dont know if it was him or the comp.

Vanguards is over 2500 as ret/dk/shaman

Ret/Hunter
    Ret/Dk
    Ret/Warrior

Will all work up to glad if you are really good.

Hell you could even switch to tripple DPS for funzies to 2.2k
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Vanguards is over 2500 as ret/dk/shaman

Ret/Hunter
    Ret/Dk
    Ret/Warrior

Will all work up to glad if you are really good.

Hell you could even switch to tripple DPS for funzies to 2.2k
    Cool i will try to find a Dk/Warrior or Hunter then , on the 3dps it would be kinda time consuming (and expensive) to switch to Enhance but, AV weekend is this week so.. umm maybe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Thanks for the response! We tried with frost mage, but he (the mage) said that he was more busy on keeping people off me than actually dpsing, in one arena (cant remember which one), my brother had 600k dmg and he had 250k, so i dont know if it was him or the comp.
    Ok so with a mage you should go really offensive as the mage just need to root to keep the people away from you, aslo if they train you try to run so you LoS their healer wich means that if the dps follows you they are Los from their healer: Creates a lot of kill oportunities as you can burst someone down so quickly. Also you shouldnt have any problem staying alive with a ret pala offhealing and bop. Tell the mage to sheep the healer and then root the dps = healer can't dispell dps is rooted for 8 secs.
    Last edited by mmocd44dd57594; 2011-12-12 at 09:57 AM.

In order of strength in my opinion:

Ret/DK/RSham
    Ret/Rogue/RSham
    Ret/Lock/RSham (Yes, any comp with a lock+rsham is viable)
    Ret/Feral/RSham
    Ret/Hunter/RSham (Much stronger with a disc priest since repentance/trap/hex all share DR)
    Ret/Warrior/RSham

You can also play with a mage/spriest if they are really good, but i think those are weaker than the above.

it's so much easier for a comp to work if half the team are rl friends/relatives just because you have time to work out chemistry which is the most important part of any team. in this particular expansion though, you'll probably have the most luck with a warlock/mage/or dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions, would probably try Dk/Rogue/Warrior/Feral acording to the opinions here.

And yes, i like playing with my brother, since we have played a ton of games since we were little, then we have good chemistry together. Is hard to find a good 3rd partner sadly. And not only a good partner, but a partner that will tolerate my slaughter of english xD, and my learning curve.

Grab a DK.

Add hunter to the list.

Mage could work but its a lot less viable than some type of cleave.