[Demo] Pet twisting with 4-set T13, without MWC

Hey.

I've been trying to find an answer on this question for ages. Should I ignore pet twisting now that I have 4-set T13 and I'm not using MWC. And if so which pet should I use? As felhunter Demon Soul only increases damage of Corruption, bane of doom and shadowflame, while felguards increases haste and damage of all my spells.

Please be informative with your answer!

thanks

i think you pet twist for the beginning of the fight then keep ur felhunter out for the duration
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i think you pet twist for the beginning of the fight then keep ur felhunter out for the duration
    I am under this impression as well.

As far as I know, the only time pet-twisting mid fight was beneficial was with Moonwell Chalice, if you no longer have it it should no longer be done mid-fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azithrom View Post
    As far as I know, the only time pet-twisting mid fight was beneficial was with Moonwell Chalice, if you no longer have it it should no longer be done mid-fight
    But i am pretty certain only all versions of Will of Unbinding and HCOC beat out of the moonwell chalice so you still need to pet twist if you do not have your 4 piece yet. I think Insignia of the Corrupted Mind and CoC Normal will beat out on MWC once you have your 4 piece. Can anyone confirm with numbers because i am currently unable to Sim this.

You don't pet twist when you stop using MWC, the only reason it was a gain to begin with is that you line up meta with all your other cds, but when you stop using MWC, you no longer want to wait with using meta off cd, thus the whole pet twisting ordeal is not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Un0 View Post
    You don't pet twist when you stop using MWC, the only reason it was a gain to begin with is that you line up meta with all your other cds, but when you stop using MWC, you no longer want to wait with using meta off cd, thus the whole pet twisting ordeal is not worth it.
    So once MWC is replaced you should never line Meta with your trinkets again unless by coincidence?

In the current tier there is no trinkets to line up with meta, and well, unless you only have to wait a few seconds or so then you should always use meta off cd. (Talking cds like blood fury, tinker etc). Point beeing that you gain more overall from having a high meta uptime rather than waiting to make it burst more with a few other cds. MWC is currently the one and only reason why you wait and time meta with a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    So once MWC is replaced you should never line Meta with your trinkets again unless by coincidence?
    Yep once replaced, you do not time your meta with trink. It is also suggested to reach the 1993 haste treashold.
    Keep in mind that you will want to start the fight felguard, soul shard, felhunter and keep it for the rest of the fight.

Start with felguard for your first cds that are naturally lined up. Felhunter for the remainder of the fight.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Do a Soulburn before prepot and soul harvest just before the fight, that way you start out with 3 shards instead of 2. Unfortunetly Soul Harvest does proc Power Torrent sometimes so this does take a little luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmoos View Post
    Yep once replaced, you do not time your meta with trink. It is also suggested to reach the 1993 haste treashold.
    Keep in mind that you will want to start the fight felguard, soul shard, felhunter and keep it for the rest of the fight.
    Thanks very helpful, I'm guessing this also applies to Demon soul too? Also do you continue to line up the Doomguard with DS and Trinket?
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2011-12-12 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpselooter View Post
    But i am pretty certain only all versions of Will of Unbinding and HCOC beat out of the moonwell chalice so you still need to pet twist if you do not have your 4 piece yet. I think Insignia of the Corrupted Mind and CoC Normal will beat out on MWC once you have your 4 piece. Can anyone confirm with numbers because i am currently unable to Sim this.
    The only sims that I trust are the ones that I run on my own toon. CoC and DMC:V outperform trinkets that I have available to me, including 391's.

But remember that most fights are not patchwerk style and there are still situations where pet twisting and delaying meta for DS/trinkets can be beneficial. For example if some part of fight needs aoe or bigger burst damage, or fight having breaks or temporal buffs. Also 2set T13 makes MWC more powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Also 2set T13 makes MWC more powerful.
    Really good point.

Thank you very much! Ill try it out, currently my dps sucks and all I can think of doing wrong is this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmoos View Post
    bit off topic but 1993 with or without Dark Intent?

You have DI all the time as a lock, so it would be stupid to not include DI? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arathoss View Post
    bit off topic but 1993 with or without Dark Intent?
    1993 is your rating, which does not reflect buffs like that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    But remember that most fights are not patchwerk style and there are still situations where pet twisting and delaying meta for DS/trinkets can be beneficial. For example if some part of fight needs aoe or bigger burst damage, or fight having breaks or temporal buffs. Also 2set T13 makes MWC more powerful.
    F.M.L. Re-simmed with the new gear and the MWC is back. More damage is more damage, but I hate having to wear handcuffs to get there.