Thread: Computer broke?

Deleted

Computer broke?

Hey everyone,

I turned my computer on today and it gave no Video signal, so I checked my HDMI port but it seemed fine.
    I switched my cable from HDMI 1 to 2 but it helped nothing.
    I've got a new Video Card recently ( about 2 months now) so I thought that broke at first. ( the AMD 6970)
    But the lighting on my razer keyboard and mouse also did not function so I have absolutely no clue what the problem could be.

My HDD was pretty full lately (about 50GB left on 1TB) so could that be the case?

Thanks in advance,

Rockenrose

10+ Year Old Account
    Does your computer still power on? (IS it still plugged into the mains and turned on?)

Deleted
    yes, the fans start turning aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Rockenrose View Post
    yes, the fans start turning aswell
    Are you hearing any BIOS beep codes when the computer is turned on? Is the hard drive being read as if the OS is loading?

Deleted
    Nope, the little light on the motherboard is burning though

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the motherboard is not going through its POST test and giving you any BIOS beep codes the issue is quite possible the motherboard. Unplug the power cable to the power supply and try removing the CMOS battery from the board. Leave it off for 30 seconds then place the battery back in. Plug the power cable back in and try to boot. If issue persists you could be facing a new power supply change or motherboard swap.

Have you confirmed that it's not your monitor? Eg, can you boot up your computer and hear the windows tune? Have you tried connecting something else, like a gaming console to the monitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Unplug the power cable to the power supply and try removing the CMOS battery from the board. Leave it off for 30 seconds then place the battery back in. Plug the power cable back in and try to boot. If issue persists you could be facing a new power supply change or motherboard swap.
    Thanks this helped a lot its in the bios now but my HDD broke apperently so I'm going to replace that and hope it to be fixed with that.

Thanks for your Help!

Rockenrose

Quote Originally Posted by Rockenrose View Post
    But the lighting on my razer keyboard and mouse also did not function so I have absolutely no clue what the problem could be.
    As someone has said , try to reset the BIOS by removing the battery , if that fails try to get a used (but functional) power supply from a friend to see if the motherboard starts , if nothing happens even then it's very possible because your mainboard is busted . If that's the case check the warranty of the motherboard and send it to a service .

Your motherboard just took a dump on you. Time to hit up newegg.

Deleted
    i had this problem, cant remember what i did to fix though, it happend after my brother downloaded software to decrease latency in wow

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies! I resetted it by taking out the battery. My motherboard is pretty old( about 5 years now) so the warranty has been expired for a long time.
    My system still seems a bit cranky so if it stays in it current form I might hit up a new motherboard afterall..

If that is the original battery you should probably just go ahead and replace it, they're usually something like a CR-2032 that you can pick up at any drug store for a few bucks. A dying CMOS battery can cause a lot of issues, especially on older motherboards.