Question about Video card etc!

I bought a Xfx 6770 a couple weeks ago cause of the price and how ppl were saying its right behind the 6850.

My question is, should i return it and go 40 bucks more for the 6850 or wait for the 7 series to hit? if so when should they hit and what price range would i be looking at for it?

I paid 124.99 for my 6770, i honestly want the most bang for my buck, i thought i did the research but maybe i fell a bit short?

Any pro advice would be great, btw im not a GTX guy only AMD...

According to http://www.hwcompare.com/5893/radeon...adeon-hd-6850/, the 6850 beats the 6770 pretty handily in several different benchmarks.

Lot of people talking about 7 series but we wont see a true 7 series from nvidia or amd until we have pcie3.0 activated. As of right now sure were not completely using 16x but the 7 series cards are supposedly pcie3.0 ready meaning they may have some power throttled untlil your ivy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The upgrade from the HD6770 to the HD6850 is well worth it for only $40. This is coming from a guy who personally used a single HD5770 (equivalent to HD6770) for quite a few months. I only upgraded because I was given a second HD5770.