Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent

Right, i aware i'm awfully late to the scene but i really can't decide.

I originally was going to go for Sith Inquisitor because of obvious reasons but upon reading statistics of like every man and his dog is rolling it i decided to look else where. Recently i saw bounty hunter which looks absolutely epic, read up on it and was dead set on rolling it, I've then realized that it seems to be the second most popular choice.

Now the fact that this was so popular didn't really bother me, i enjoyed the whole prospect of being a bought service (lol no hooker kk). Although i did start to look into imperial alot.

Now my question is, what do you think i should roll and why, Bounty Hunter or Imperial?

Now you could say "Whatever you like best" but i'm a decent player and i enjoy to play to the max

so in terms of

Pve : Dps
    Pvp : Dps

What is better at the moment / forseeable future?

Thanks
    Terika

IA all day, I love stealth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terika View Post
    Right, i aware i'm awfully late to the scene but i really can't decide.

I originally was going to go for Sith Inquisitor because of obvious reasons but upon reading statistics of like every man and his dog is rolling it i decided to look else where. Recently i saw bounty hunter which looks absolutely epic, read up on it and was dead set on rolling it, I've then realized that it seems to be the second most popular choice.

Now the fact that this was so popular didn't really bother me, i enjoyed the whole prospect of being a bought service (lol no hooker kk). Although i did start to look into imperial alot.

Now my question is, what do you think i should roll and why, Bounty Hunter or Imperial?

Now you could say "Whatever you like best" but i'm a decent player and i enjoy to play to the max

so in terms of

Pve : Dps
    Pvp : Dps

What is better at the moment / forseeable future?

Thanks
    Terika
    BOUNTY HUNTER!

http://www.askajedi.com/wp-content/u...r_16801050.jpg

I would go with Bounty Hunter seems alot of people cant really get the grasp of IA/Smuggler Cover Mechanic i would play both for a few levels maybe 10 to get a decent grasp of the game then pick, like i said I would go with BH mainly because i get to be a fat bad ass ladies man who will be named after a transformer lol

Deleted
    I am going with BH merc. Loved the pvp matches I saw. Healing AND dps, what more do you need for a good game of Huttball? And Blizz is just the best companion right now!

Though I recently heard from different ppl that the IA storyline may be the best in the game.

Deleted
    Play both to lvl 15, and then decide
    Personally a big fan of the Agent though

I guess you're talking ranged DPS.

If comparing ranged dps you have to consider the cover mechanic for snipers, some like it others don't but if will be necessary for the Sniper AC.

PvE DPS - Single target: probably really close, although hopefully they will buff sniper to be slightly ahead.
    PvE DPS - AoE: BH ahead by a large margin

PvP - Snipers are good if you can stay back and pew pew people but once someone is on you, its over. BH would have more appeal to most folks in PvP.

TL;DR: There are only 8 AC's in the game, there will be millions of people in the game. There will be 100,000's of every class, play the one that is the most fun for you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I am going Jedi Consular Shadow... However, I will most likely level a Scoundrel Smuggler and a Jedi Knight too, maybe a Trooper but unsure on this one. I won't get them all to max level, but if I found something else to be more fun that my Shadow then I will go with that class. No reason to stick to one class before the game is even out and you have even tried them.
    Try those that you are interested in for a bit, then choose the one you like the best. Now you also have a few alts that are a few levels up

Deleted
    Depends on the type of character you're after since they both have two advance classes remember.

IA has Operative a stealth based melee DPS class, or Sniper a ranged DPS class that relys on you been in cover to get most of your abilities off.

BH, has Powertech a melee based tank spec which can also DPS, or Mercenary a ranged DPS.

I played Sniper and Mercenary in the beta, and enjoyed both, but I found Sniper more to fit my playing style. Though if you don't like the cover mechanic I'd stay away from Sniper.

Though really no classes really start to shine in PvP until the later levels once you unlock your major abilities.

Deleted
    Bounty Hunter for Blizz
    Imperial Agent for story

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on which way you want to play. Agents have the long range Sniper class, and the more melee based Operative class. With Operatives you can almost play like a Rogue from WoW, and never really have to deal with the cover system. From my brief time in Beta, Operatives were nasty customers who could heal themselves and brutalize you with their stealth and bleeding abilities. Throwing knives into people's backs is just about the sweetest ability I've seen in an MMO. Just looks awesome.

However, the reason I'm going Bounty Hunter is because the class reminded me of playing Iron Man, my favorite super hero. In my view, an Agent is like a Ninja, or a military sniper, and the Bounty Hunter is like Iron Man. I want to be like Iron Man.

It also helps that I hate authority IRL. I'm self-employed, was never really into taking orders, hate calling people "lord" and "sir", and really despise oppressive regimes. This is important, because half the fun of leveling your character is if you're going to be able to enjoy your character's storyline.

In the end, the BH just fits my personality so much more than the butt-kissing Agent.

But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Depends on which way you want to play. Agents have the long range Sniper class, and the more melee based Operative class. With Operatives you can almost play like a Rogue from WoW, and never really have to deal with the cover system. From my brief time in Beta, Operatives were nasty customers who could heal themselves and brutalize you with their stealth and bleeding abilities. Throwing knives into people's backs is just about the sweetest ability I've seen in an MMO. Just looks awesome.
    Although I'll be playing Operative since my guild is Imperial, I have to say that I prefer Scoundrel animations over the Ops. The pistol whipping and quick draw animations are awesome. The animation for melee attacks for the Op are quite good though. There's a nice flow with the transition between blade and blaster based attacks.

These thoughts of "Everyones playing it" are a bit silly. There is only 4 classes. Yes IA is going to have slightly less players than the others and SW will have slightly more than the others, but quite frankly in the beta I played all were pretty close in representation. No where near wow where you have dead classes like locks and rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    that is sooo sick
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I was very excited about Imperial Agent. Then i played it in Beta. I fell in love with Bounty Hunter and Warrior in Beta. Once again, play them all!!!! The story lines are fantastic and it's so immersive. I cannot wait to group up with guildies and level through this content together. Good luck on whatever you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Depends on the type of character you're after since they both have two advance classes remember.

IA has Operative a stealth based melee DPS class and healer, or Sniper a ranged DPS class that relys on you been in cover to get most of your abilities off.

BH, has Powertech a melee based tank spec which can also DPS, or Mercenary a ranged DPS and healer.

I played Sniper and Mercenary in the beta, and enjoyed both, but I found Sniper more to fit my playing style. Though if you don't like the cover mechanic I'd stay away from Sniper.

Though really no classes really start to shine in PvP until the later levels once you unlock your major abilities.
    Fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    I would go with Bounty Hunter seems alot of people cant really get the grasp of IA/Smuggler Cover Mechanic i would play both for a few levels maybe 10 to get a decent grasp of the game then pick, like i said I would go with BH mainly because i get to be a fat bad ass ladies man who will be named after a transformer lol
    Don't mean to burst your bubble but the "ladies man" class is the IA. All classes get their fair share of npc action, but IA is pretty much the "James Bond" of TOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    Don't mean to burst your bubble but the "ladies man" class is the IA. All classes get their fair share of npc action, but IA is pretty much the "James Bond" of TOR.
    James Bond is old and burned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    James Bond is old and burned out.
    Nah, he still gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Maybe for a one night stand but girls always go for the tank classes.

/trooper flex
    I wish, I personally prefer the BH/Trooper classes, but my friend had bedded about 4 npcs by the time my Trooper got one, and my BH flirted with one but got no where, I refused another because she was kinda old and gross, and I made decent progress with my companion but not close to sealing the deal there either. So yeah, if that is what youre after, go IA, otherwise if you are like me and more concerned about blowing things up then go BH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    Im sorry but by the time a IA walks in to the Cantina the Smugger allready left whit all the girls. Sorry but hey. There you have it.