Problem with new build

Hey all, this is my first computer build and already I'm having trouble.
    Using the ASUS M5A99X evo AMD motherboard,
    2x 4gb kingston hyperX genesis grey RAM,
    Asus ATI Radeon HD 6770 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics card,
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache,
    OcUK Swift 650W V2 Silent Power Supply,

purchased from overclockers.co.uk

Trouble I have is that connecting up to my screen and booting up for the first time, my screen stays blank, and on the motherboard a small red LED labelled 'CPU LED' stays alight, and a large green standby power LED also stays alight. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong, and I hope I haven't seriously screwed anything up already. Any insight?

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 08:08 PM ----------

The overclockers company put in the cpu and RAM before it was all dispatched. All the manual says is that the CPU LED being on means there's something wrong with the CPU, but what could it be?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you purchased it from them then they should have a warranty on the computer. send it back to them and get it fixed right.

would you take a brand new car to the mechanic if the engine didn't start, or would you take it back to the dealership that you bought it from?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do without having to go through the hassle of sending it back as I only got it all this morning anyway. Oh well

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 08:45 PM ----------

Please take down this thread, found out I hadn't plugged in the CPU power cable