15+ Year Old Account

EVGA GTX 560 TI SC display error (black screen) power or drivers???

As with everyone else I have been receiving the black screen error (goes black and pops back up after a few seconds with windows notifiying me that my display driver has failed) but starting last night I got a new error.

I cant find any info except for black screens caused by either faulty drivers or a weak power supply but nothing like what I am experiencing. My problem that started last night was noticeable by a dim light effect on my monitor as if the display was powered by candle light and then it died. Resetting the monitor helped that one time. WEll today it doesnt help and I cant get the monitor to display anything longer that 2-3 seconds before it dies again.

I fooled around with the power supply and got the thing to work for 5min this time, long enough to delete the drivers and run a driver clean up as suggested on the nvidia forums (right now I am downloading the drivers again) but even in safe mode with no drivers I am experiencing the same problem... but at least its displaying for 3-5min at a time again.

I have an i7 960 with a xion 700w power supply (dont know apps) running on a asus sabertooth x58 motherboard. I never had display errors with bizarre colors or anything so I am ruling out a faulty graphics card, but power supply and drivers are still on the table. Ive seen PSU's with less wattage pump out more input (+20 at most) and I am unaware if mine is just a few watts shy or has lost some power somewhere. Disconnecting a few hardware pieces show little to now effect.

if you have a multimeter or PSU tester check the cables and see how they look. also if you have a cheapo spare card lying around you could always try that since it looks like that board doesn't have onboard video. I had a problem where the colors on my monitor were dim and it ended up being the monitor wasn't plugged in well enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    no use.

for an update: downloaded and installed the drivers again, same issue.

tried my roommates radeon 5770 card, same problem. Was going to try his power supply but it was not compatible with my motherboard.

No info from nvidia or EVGA.

Try this: uninstall any gfx drivers and then run driver sweeper found Here. Search for nvidia gfx drivers and ati/amd gfx drivers and remove all that you find. Then reboot. Then install the latest driver from nvidia's website.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually noticed this also, im getting the same issues recently
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.