Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still want to know what that musical lightning spell is called. Before reveal I thought it was mind wrack, but that turned out to be what I actually thought would be shatter delusions. My second guess is aneurysm and then energy surge. Might also be migraine. Or it could just be a new spell! lol

Deleted
    This looks like it's going to be my all-time favourite class of all-time. Am very excited. Being a tricky pain in the arse that messes with peoples heads - god bless it.

It still really annoys me that it was leaked ahead of time. Just sucks they didn't get the chance to surprise people themselves. Not that the Mesmer was a huge surprise, but still.

Damn that was sick.

In GW1 I think the Mesmer was the most under-rated class. Not even just in PVP. But PvE they would always have a skill up their sleeve like Empathy or Backfire that would make some of the hardest boss fights easy as hell.

Either this or Engineer will be my main

I'm so glad they brought unique classes like this and the engineer into GW2. I feel like people are finally starting to realize that it's not about being medieval, it's about being in a fantasy world.

I found a really good read on further mechanics of the mesmer:

wwwDOTgameinformerDOTcom/games/guild_wars_2/b/pc/archive/2011/12/14/lifting-the-veil-on-guild-wars-2-39-s-mysterious-mesmer-profession.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

They are going to be extremly squishy, while their illusions will do a lot of damage. Also:" Yo dawg, we heard you liked casting, so we put a mantra in your class, so you can cast, while you cast"

I need a time machine! This sounds so awesome!

Edit: It seems, I am not allowed to post links, may someone please repost it for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    the link
    Haha, thanks

This is the super-best-kept secret, eighth and last profession for Guild Wars 2.
    Well played Jon, well played.

looks epic, can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    looks epic, can't wait
    I'm stealing your signature.
    Mif...STRIKES AGAIN!

I'm wondering how much mesmers will be cluttering up the battle field with all those portals and clones/phantasms running around everywhere. Could you imagine 10-20 of them in one area? It would make WvWvW and large dynamic events a gpu/processing nightmare....
    Can't spell 'NICE BALANCE' without Ice Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by station View Post
    I'm wondering how much mesmers will be cluttering up the battle field with all those portals and clones/phantasms running around everywhere. Could you imagine 10-20 of them in one area? It would make WvWvW and large dynamic events a gpu/processing nightmare....
    I'm thinking they won't clutter it up any more than engineer turrets, ranger pets, necro pets etc. I see your point though but I think almost all the classes can add to that clutter : (.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by station View Post
    Lol with the current graphics and the fact that there will be 100 player dynamic event fights, the game will already be a gpu/cpu nightmare... unless I'm missing some magic game engine trick arena net has up their sleeve.

Saw this coming but I MUST SAY, they look fantastic in comparison to before. I hated how they looked like goddamn people going to a masks party in Gwars1.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't flog me... but I'm not really that jazzed about the Mesmer.

Yes, it has some pretty interesting mechanics about them (exploding MI's tehe), but I don't see myself playing one -- at least, not right away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Lol with the current graphics and the fact that there will be 100 player dynamic event fights, the game will already be a gpu/cpu nightmare... unless I'm missing some magic game engine trick arena net has up their sleeve.
    I know they are using some kind of technology that's also being used by other games like Mass effect, that made pretty graphics without even pushing something to the max. I don't know about the 100 players nightmare though, guess we'll have to see and find out during open beta.

I can't say the mesmer looks bad, but it probably isn't my cup of tea. It relies too much on the illusions. I still don't understand why it isn't luck-based. If your opponent takes a decision based on luck and goes after you, rather than the illusion... The defense of buying time with confusing your enemy is gone then.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2011-12-17 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Saw this coming but I MUST SAY, they look fantastic in comparison to before. I hated how they looked like goddamn people going to a masks party in Gwars1.
    Party masks are an option. In fact, you start the game with one. I, personally, enjoy the Mesmer because they look like they're going to a party. Nothing says badass more than looking classy as hell while slaying monsters
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Party masks are an option. In fact, you start the game with one. I, personally, enjoy the Mesmer because they look like they're going to a party. Nothing says badass more than looking classy as hell while slaying monsters
    lol i may hate most of the male mesmer armor... But the masks are quite awesome to wear while you slaughter your enemies =D
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.