Deleted

has anyone ever been able to blow up more than 10K TNT without the server crashing?

while browsing youtube, i've found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrTJLh1d2PU, which is basically a little over 3K blocks of TNT blowing up without lag or a server crash. he did this by upping the memory allowed to 9 GB of ram. i later found a clip where he detonated 10K blocks of TNT in a city. yet, i'm wondering...

CAN WE GO BIGGER?

is it possible with a strong enough PC to blow up a 10K (so M²) cube of TNT without the server crashing or having lag? (godmode enabled of course) and if it is, what kind of server would we need? and would we require a specially modified version of minecraft for this? and would we run into issues with bedrock and sky roof limit?

Might give this a go on my own later :P 10k TNT that is, and see how the server handles it.

oh wait, do you mean 10 million blocks of tnt ?
    Last edited by Wozarib; 2011-12-12 at 11:24 PM.

i've found that doing this in single player it isn't so much the block destruction that causes the lag/frame rate drops it's just the amount of broken blocks waiting to be picked up

and:

just lots of errors. Client on the PC froze up as well
    Last edited by Wozarib; 2011-12-13 at 12:55 AM.

we blew up the 1.8 map with quite a lot of tnt. it was still blowing up even after we restarted the server, it never crashed though =D

I can blow up any amount of TNT with the NoLag plugin

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it with people and absurd amounts of TNT? And why do we keep creating new threads when there are like two or three others floating around on the same subject? (ROFL I PUT BUNCHES OF TNT AND BLEW IT UP AND SERVER CRASHED LOLOLOLOLZ)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What is it with people and absurd amounts of TNT? And why do we keep creating new threads when there are like two or three others floating around on the same subject? (ROFL I PUT BUNCHES OF TNT AND BLEW IT UP AND SERVER CRASHED LOLOLOLOLZ)
    What's your problem?
    Some people find it fun to blow up tons of TNT... Can't you just leave them alone, while they have fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

With 2 lag reducer plugins ( some features are redundant but they stack nicely) I can world edit in around 40k with extreme lag but no crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    I would drag my dick through a mile of lava just to listen to someone that's installing the beta on Skype.