Tank leveling in SWTOR: your thoughts?

So I loved tanking in WoW and was planning on tanking again in SWTOR. I'm currently stuck between playing a Juggernaut or a Powertech but I would like the opinion of those of you who have leveled as these classes in beta. Insight such as did you level as tank or dps, what companions did you use, did you find leveling as a tank to be fun, etc.

Any comments are welcomed and appreciated

15+ Year Old Account
    Should be perfectly viable. From what I have heard tanks do not lack for damage in TOR like they have depending on spec in other games. I was playing Powertech during the weekends up to 20 and it seemed to work out just fine.

They all can level more or less at the same rate. Just make sure that you choose the right AC at around lvl 10. Although you can reset talents for a cost, you can not change your AC.

I leveled a tank specced Juggernaught and it went at a pretty good clip, got to 32 over the stress test weekend. Vette can dish out pretty decent dps so long as you keep her gear up to date.
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled as Jedi Knight in Guardian spec to level 28.

With a dps companion, stuff dies pretty quickly.

You have to realize that companions aren't pets. For a rough guesstimate, I'd say they do around 50-60% damage of what a good player would do at that level and 70-80% of what a mediocre one would.

Overall, I had no problems at all. Killed all quest class bosses one level early (with the occasional use of stims/medpacs)
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as a Juggernaut in a tank spec and had no problems - in fact you only have DPS abilities until you're around 14 or something.

So if you're aiming to be tanking at 50, definitely level in a tank spec because not only is it not much slower but you'll get used to your abilities.