why are locks so bad with dps

Are locks nerfed to carp or something, I was thinking of rolling one for fun, but I have nvr seen a lock do the dps needed to raid, Never seen a lock do over 20k, even in ds. I am confused I always thought locks were like a evil mage, so lots of damage. My guild needs another dps for the core team but they are telling me its smarter to roll a mage cause lock dps is just to weak or rng. Is this true. Thank you

They are pretty even, depends on spec and fight. It will never be a fair fight where neither get a an advantage. Warlocks can easily hit higher numbers if played right. I hit around ~40k ish on ultraxion this week as demo.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

i was sure this was a troll until i checked your forum posts

yea not trolling lol just dont want to roll a toon noone wants in a rais if dps is low. But they seem fun. I mean can they keep up with a mage, I know locks have a way harder rotation but like gear for gear.

You roll with REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad locks then.

Like, it's unfathomable for people to think locks are anything but beautiful creatures sent by God to vanquish the souls of the wicked.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    Are locks nerfed to carp or something, I was thinking of rolling one for fun, but I have nvr seen a lock do the dps needed to raid, Never seen a lock do over 20k, even in ds. I am confused I always thought locks were like a evil mage, so lots of damage. My guild needs another dps for the core team but they are telling me its smarter to roll a mage cause lock dps is just to weak or rng. Is this true. Thank you
    ummm... i was pulling 18k in blues before i quit. you definitely roll with the bads.

You've never seen a lock over 20k? Wow...all you need to do is look at the parses on WoL to see how good they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    our locks so 43k dps but they are in heroic firelands with legendaries. my self im in 4pc 378 mainly 387 two 397 with a sad 359 helm and i still do 27-28 normally and 37-38 on madness as destro and our deckout lock does 61k on madness

If your experience with warlocks consists of 5 man heroics they may underperform for you. It takes some lifespan for the dots to do dmg ;p lol

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    our locks so 43k dps but they are in heroic firelands with legendaries. my self im in 4pc 378 mainly 387 two 397 with a sad 359 helm and i still do 27-28 normally and 37-38 on madness as destro and our deckout lock does 61k on madness
    I personally wouldn't use madness numbers as an example, because due to Spellweaving, blue buff, and bronze buff, dps can get incredibly high. I see the point you're trying to make, though.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

I too have never seen a good lock.

If played correctly a lock can easily do top dps. They do excellent dps with aoe dmg as well as single target dps. Go look at some of the WOL's of some of the top guilds in the world and locks are easily in the top 10 in dps and in some fights that relate to a locks strengths, the top 5. Right now demo is having the most success but aff isnt far behind. You need to do some decent research before making a call on a certain class. Playing a mage might suit your playstyle better but a lock can easily keep up with a mage.

Locks aren't bad, and this can't go anywhere good.