Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post
    +1

Your average fantasy story, unless there's already skin on the cover (in which case, double check the shelving location for accuracy), would rather spend 99 pages talking about love and 1 page with a miraculous "divine" conception than cover the uncomfortable subject of penis. Because once you say penis, then you have 1000 questions about how orcs do it ... because it's important to the lore.... yea... >.> And most of the time it's just not relevant. So you get all of this "begot" and "heir" crap, or "the prophecy revealed a child." Unless the mother dies in childbirth, I almost never see direct references do biology.

And on that tangent, it makes sense that they didn't do the "durotar dance" or the "nagrand slam" because neither one of them has enough bite marks and they can both still walk straight. A race hazed by bloodlust for that long, you know they're not going to do it on rose petals.

And lets be frank. General breeding from a story standpoint is boring and background fodder. The only notable times to bring up pregnancies tend to involve legends, heirs, immaculate conceptions, divine intervention, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated above alex can sense every form of life. So the embryo is a living thing.

Pro-Life Ad from Blizz?

scnr

She's also a woman, women know these things.

I would assume as aspect of life could sense a pregnancy...

Oh, and Golden already made us suffer through a tale of orc romance and sex with Thrall's parents... I really don't want to go through that again, ever.
    Thank god they spared us that.
    I'm sure they had plenty of time, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    As stated above alex can sense every form of life. So the embryo is a living thing.

Pro-Life Ad from Blizz?

scnr
    I really doubt it has anything to do with Pro-Choice or Pro-Life.

But congratulations. Now this thread will probably be locked in about 5 pages, once a mod notices how grossly off-topic it has become.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god I loled irl reading the responses of this thread. ty op

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Did anyone else find that silly in the ending video? We have the dragon aspects announcing to the world a new age, after a devastating fight with Deathwing, but wait a second, there is time to check who is pregnant and hint it to the father.
    So, the aspects loses their powers, we dont know how the time lines will be kept for example, we dont know what will happen with the corruption left in the emeral dream, and so many oyhers things, and you find it curious that the life binder knew that a female was pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    It's not detecting life... It's creating new life... Theoretically, the baby will have two mothers since it is indeed Alextrasza who made Aggra pregnant. It's the gift of life!
    errr....what?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Panner View Post
    I guess that's her superpower, and she could really do worse. Marvel once had a superhero with the power to control squirrels. Squirrels.
    Sorry for the off-topic, but it's worth stating that Squirrel-Girl took down Dr. Doom and Deadpool, and I'm pretty sure a few others. All eventually deemed canon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Truth is.....with her very last spark of power, Alextrasza got Aggra pregnant when she touched her belly.
    She should have knocked up Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Animals can often sense pregnancy
    Haha, fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    So, the aspects loses their powers, we dont know how the time lines will be kept for example, we dont know what will happen with the corruption left in the emeral dream, and so many oyhers things, and you find it curious that the life binder knew that a female was pregnant?
    People fixate on the oddest things, yes. Personally, I find the other things much more lore breaking than teh babiez. But hey, what do I know. But if you're interesting in what I think, I think blizz will retcon most of this cinematic. Not the bay of course, but the dragons will find some god-aweful and stupid way to get their powers back. Or they never will have lost them, or...whatever.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shes the aspect of life, What do you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's her superpower, and she could really do worse. Marvel once had a superhero with the power to control squirrels. Squirrels.
    Say what!?! I was not aware of this, and now I must know who this squirrel master is!

Hi, I'm Alexstrasza, and when I'm not performing my duties as lifebinder, I've been studying to become an OB/GYN in just 3 nights a week!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Woah, the aspect of life is in harmony with all life around her, and can sense the presence of a child?

What I found very stupid, is that she didn't let the mother tell this to her husband herself.... It was like 'good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!'
    As far as I know, there are no pregnancy tests on Azeroth. Alexstrasza was letting them know before Aggra could have known herself. Even if she was *late* she probably wouldn't have noticed, with saving the world and all that, plus even if she noticed stress is known to cause lateness of cycles and the whole Deathwing thing was probably pretty stressful. Especially since orcs are pretty thick, they probably wouldn't have known for sure if she was preggers or just late until she started feeling movement, which is just under halfway through the pregnancy (for humans, anyway). So Alex was giving them both a heads-up. Might coulda been cool of her to tell them before Aggra risked her life by being at the fight, but whatevs. Lifebinder's gonna do what lifebinder's gonna do.

Aspect of Life, etc. etc.

The real question people should be asking (but haven't) is:

Is Blizzard setting up WoW2 and/or WCIV?

Look at the roster:
    Anduin
    Thrall's child
    Magni's 1/2-Dark Iron Grandson
    Baine
    Inevitable heir of Zol'jin and Bwemba
    Whatever the Gnomes build when they get bored

(Not listing every race because I hope you get the point by now)

This is a New Mutants/Next Generation gang being built. They're not going to flash forward 20 years (at least) within WoW, so...
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the abdomen caressing was just symbolic of her role as the guardian of life; she'll know these things.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-12-13 at 02:42 PM.

You mean Squirrel Girl?

I always thought it was awesome that all of the other superheroes are TERRIFIED of her and imply she is the most incredibly dangerous superhero ever, they just never show her doing anything.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They're not going to flash forward 20 years (at least) within WoW, so...
    Actually, the current info points to, let me paraphrase, its early here.... There will be a significant amount of time between Cata and Mop.

20 might be a stretch, but 10 maybe? I could see that. Anduin is already pretty old already, he wouldn't need 20 years to come into his own, either.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    1. I'm thinking of pushing to make the word "preggers" infractable, so find a less hideous word to describe it...
    Restricting use of a word that in and of itself isn't rude or offensive simply because you dislike it is rather less then professional. There are plenty of words in the language that I personally do not enjoy, but I can't just use my powers of moderation to expect others to talk the way I'd like.

There is nothing wrong with that word. It most certainly doesn't fall into the category of words that should be banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    It's supposed to be symbolic and lend weight to what Alexstrasza's saying. It's indicated Alex knew beforehand and is just letting them know, she's not magically finding out the second she touches Aggra. She already knows what she's going to say. Is this really an issue?