Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You know, I liken the class restriction on gear to a 'hack fix' more than anything. (not really a bad thing, but not the ideal way to do it)

The class restriction on gear/items is something that's been in the game forever, however it hasn't been used on anything but Tier and Lengendaries for some time now. They don't have to program anything extra into the loot system, because systems are already in place to deal with class restricted gear. Genius.

Ideally, they wouldn't have to place the class restriction on the gear. The loot system would take role/spec/class/ect into account when allowing you to roll need on an item, but for whatever reason, that can't be done easily/quickly and is slated for MoP. It's probably a complete rewrite of the loot rolling system.
    Moo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenteyes View Post
    Indeed, And what about roles like prot palas, needing on str 2 handers, Ferals rolling on spellcasting gear? Twice i've lost that sword to some ninja...
    This!
    Just like they add a +100 roll on the role (healer, DPS, tank), there HAS to be a way to add a roll bonus on SPEC. Kitty ninjaing intel trinket and intel weps, not cool.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    This!
    Just like they add a +100 roll on the role (healer, DPS, tank), there HAS to be a way to add a roll bonus on SPEC. Kitty ninjaing intel trinket and intel weps, not cool.
    Roll bonus based on spec is what they can't do until MoP.

So it looks like a DPS druid gets a roll bonus on kitty and boomkin gear?
    Moo.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    You misunderstand. Tanks will still get a Role Bonus on Tank Items, DPS will still get a Role Bonus on DPS Items. Souldrinker is considered a Tank Weapon, and only Tanks could win it even before this fix. Unless they changed it count as a DPS Item aswell, the I'll still have to wait for the Tanks to pass on it, because Blizzard.
    The DPS apparently get a bonus as well, Thankfully I rolled a 197.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to get the complaint threads rolling in on the US forums. The changes are retroactive as well

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthor View Post
    Great job by Blizzard....if only they had done this on the ptr.
    So basically they should have done it 2 weeks ago? Really does it make that big of a difference? Have you considered the fact that maybe just maybe they wanted to see how LFR would play out on live realms before tightening up loot rules? Again as I said before a 2 week turnaround on live content changes seems pretty good to me considering all the childish whinings that Blizzard is lazy and doesn't listen to players and other such nonsense.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    People who play on the PTR aren't the same people who roll into LFR and roll need on a STR weapon on their AGI class.
    This is irrelevant to the people scrambling around looking for dirt to use when arbitrarily slamming Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    You know, I liken the class restriction on gear to a 'hack fix' more than anything. (not really a bad thing, but not the ideal way to do it)
    Of course it's a hack; that's why it was done in less than two weeks. "Not ideal but workable, quick, simple, and an improvement" is a very good practical definition of a developer hack.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baneus View Post
    Starting to get the complaint threads rolling in on the US forums. The changes are retroactive as well
    Shocking, I know. Complaints on the U.S. forums. Who could imagine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Of course it's a hack; that's why it was done in less than two weeks. "Not ideal but workable, quick, simple, and an improvement" is a very good practical definition of a developer hack.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 06:10 PM ----------

Shocking, I know. Complaints on the U.S. forums. Who could imagine?
    Indeed. They are a rather opinionated lot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a guild handing out the weapon, tanks would have priority since it's intended to be a tank weapon. Just because EJ says "Oh hey, it's also BiS for a frost DK." doesn't change the fact of it's intended use. It's like spell power weapons being BiS for enhancement a patch or two ago, some freak itemization happens to have unintended results.
    A bad guild maybe. DPS weapon = huge upgrade for the whole raid. Tank weapon = insignificant upgrade that barely affects the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Its the mistake of the PTR tester that they dont mention these fails...and thats the PTRs for!
    Give me a break. Plenty of people were hammering the official forums critiquing the downsides of the LFR loot system before it went live. You didn't even need to be a PTR tester to learn about how the system was working, and how you could cheese the hell out of the rolls.

They responded to this criticism with the Need Plus system... but didn't go beyond that. Then they launched. Now they're playing catch-up. This seems to be a Blizzard norm lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Ah, cool. I guess they changed it then. Thankfully, because it's the best weapon available to me on my Frost DK, and maybe for SMF warriors too, though I'm not really sure.

If it was a guild handing out the weapon, tanks would have priority since it's intended to be a tank weapon. Just because EJ says "Oh hey, it's also BiS for a frost DK." doesn't change the fact of it's intended use. It's like spell power weapons being BiS for enhancement a patch or two ago, some freak itemization happens to have unintended results.
    It's not 'Freak Itemization'. It's a weapon with a Damage Proc for DPS, that doubles as a Tanking Proc for Tanks. It's fully intended by Blizzard to be used by both (Since there is no DW Level Strength 1H other than Souldrinker).
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2011-12-14 at 03:37 AM.

Deleted
    Souldrinekr is BiS for DK's dualwielding which is why it's not flagged as tank-only

Quote Originally Posted by haha121ad View Post
    chinese servers has been changed already ,US and eu will changed later
    for eaxampe

agility Polearms only roll by durid and hunter
    strength items only roll by pladin dk and warrior
    Every item is still needable by hunters right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Give me a break. Plenty of people were hammering the official forums critiquing the downsides of the LFR loot system before it went live. You didn't even need to be a PTR tester to learn about how the system was working, and how you could cheese the hell out of the rolls.

They responded to this criticism with the Need Plus system... but didn't go beyond that. Then they launched. Now they're playing catch-up. This seems to be a Blizzard norm lately.
    Oh just shut the fuck up already. I have no clue why I come here anymore as it is filled with mindless irrational fanatical Blizzard hate. Here is the thing: they are working on a new system that has NEVER EVER been in game before. Also here is another shocker: they listened to feedback on the ptr forums and decided they want MORE feedback on live realms before they start locking down who gets what gear. Two weeks after 4.3 goes live they make changes based on ptr feedback and live feedback and you whiners are still not happy. I will be quite curious to see how Swtor handles gear in end game as I doubt even that holy and sacred game will have it all covered like some morons in this forum seem to think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Its the mistake of the PTR tester that they dont mention these fails...and thats the PTRs for!
    Blizzard ignores almost all feedback from PTR because it's far too late in their process to make any serious coding changes, but I agree in this case that since it's just simply updating an item's properties to class-lock it, it's just more typical Blizzard laziness and refusal to acknowledge they have the worst and greediest community in MMO history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naltoc View Post
    Souldrinekr is BiS for DK's dualwielding which is why it's not flagged as tank-only
    It was before this update, which was why this conversation started. It was flagged as a Tank Only Item, but now that they have changed the flags, the only 'accident' that can occur with Souldrinker is a Ret Paladin winning it.

I look forward to when they meticulously go over every item in a raid and flag it for specs in MoP, but this half assed system they have implemented for now is better than nothing, at least classes who can NEVER use an item can't win stuff now.

Oh thank god, Freaking hunter took my DW Sword =( on alt

WHY U NEED STRENGTH HUNTER!
    I will admit I rolled NEED on everything that popped up "by accident", before I could trade it to the second highest roll he dropped. Sure I could have kept the weapon and LMAO at everyone in the LFR, but I opened a ticket with a GM told them what happened. They took the item from my bag and mailed it to the person on another server. Certainly not one of my proudest moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That would however mean people needing on many tokens, and then winning 2 and not being able to trade...so no.
    Perhaps write in an "if" "then" statement. If "X" wins, then don't award 2X.

I was thinking they should change the system so that your current highest stat is used to determine if you can roll on the item. How many hunters or mages are stacking str, then no reason for them to roll need on a str weapon.
    Last edited by TitanG545; 2011-12-14 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanG545 View Post
    I will admit I rolled NEED on everything that popped up "by accident", before I could trade it to the second highest roll he dropped. Sure I could have kept the weapon and LMAO at everyone in the LFR, but I opened a ticket with a GM told them what happened. They took the item from my bag and mailed it to the person on another server. Certainly not one of my proudest moments.
    Glad to see there are some players with the decency to send loot where it should go.

My first LFR experience, I rolled 178 (2nd highest roll) vs. a Hunter who rolled 199 (thanks to the little...hiccup in the system).

There goes Gurthalak...

Filled a ticket out, was given the automated "We don't intervene in loot disputes" message by a GM, and stuck to twiddle my thumbs and try again.

(Seriously, wanted/still kinda wanna roll an alliance alt and grief Rhens of Dalaran).

I srsly think the system it self is stupid, probably is something like this in large lines

-Mail DPS item drops
    -Player rolls
    -System check ->Player is DPS?: Yes -> Players Armor type is?: Mail Yes -> okie dokie u have +100 bonus

Where is the check of Item haves main stat Agi, look at players Mail specialization-> Gives him AGi? NO, its INT, ok then NO +100 Bonus, u don't get BONUS!!
    seeeeeeeeee easy
    How ever an other really stupid thing are this class restriction wen all was needed the BONUS limitation
    And What SMF Warriors and DK DW frost can use as weapon? cause agi axe is out now...and Sword is loooolz, tanks also whine there

Can blizz repeat this logic for all Roles specs? are they thaaaat dumb?
    Yes they are, because it seams they actually was afraid of me :P can't tell why i know that..will be to much personal info!! ....well i mocked them a bit...and they got in rage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    What blows my mind is how they had, what, 3 months of PTR'ing and allowed that system to go live.

Like 7 years arent enough to learn from mistakes.
    it leads one to the conclusion that the people supervising the system design either just wanted to get something finished and 'patch it later' or they are really that ignorant and ignore ptr feedback. Either way, this is not how game design companies who care about designing a good game design when they have had years and years of specific experience with the issue in question and know exactly what the original system was going to result in.