Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wyzzy View Post
    can you post the link for the chart please?
    img843.imageshack.us/img843/4033/tqjex.gif

Ignore the dates of access, those were just added by some guy as random (I hope) guesses on Early Access times.

Quote Originally Posted by isda187 View Post
    img843.imageshack.us/img843/4033/tqjex.gif

Ignore the dates of access, those were just added by some guy as random (I hope) guesses on Early Access times.
    don't forget that 900k on that chart is not counting EU & the digital downloads.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    Hmm you must've missed the numbers during the stress test.
    No, actually I did not, supposedly around 2 million TOTAL, only like 250k concurrent, and that 900k is ONLY for physical copies and only US at that, which will likely be dwarfed by digital orders (bit of an assumption, but pretty safe assumption), so I had actually taken it into consideration.

Also to reiterate I am not saying that its doomed to fail, woe is me, just, that there are numbers to argue it being a massive overflow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    This must be your first time joining a new MMO game, yes?
    Played Wow since the private US betas
    Played AoC since the early beta's
    Played SwTor for 2months of beta

So I've done a few launches yes.

My post was a concern - not a kneejerk QQ.. I hope BW are on top of it as many have pointed out. I'm just a bit annoyed about domination of servers by entire "none-english" communities - this is why seeing a server chosen by UK based guilds (my country) filling up already as a bit of a worry. Btw if your from America all you have to deal with is a few Brazilian servers out of many - English in the EU have a torrent of many many countries ruining our servers, and we have a lot less to go round.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Then again they could be artificially lowering maximums until they seed the appropriate number of servers they want to, to avoid server switching and over population then slowly open up server pop maximums as they early access and invites roll out..
    My thoughts aswell. If they allow all servers to go to the max now you'll see a few servers with Full and everything else empty. It would seem like a smart move to cap the servers lower then their max. This way they can force a spead of the playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Played AoC since the early beta's
    Played SwTor for 2months of beta

So I've done a few launches yes.

My post was a concern - not a kneejerk QQ.. I hope BW are on top of it as many have pointed out. I'm just a bit annoyed about domination of servers by entire "none-english" communities - this is why seeing a server chosen by UK based guilds (my country) filling up already as a bit of a worry. Btw if your from America all you have to deal with is a few Brazilian servers out of many - English in the EU have a torrent of many many countries ruining our servers, and we have a lot less to go round.
    xenophobe much?

Deleted
    xenophobe much?
    Ever been stuck on a server with people from a country who are rude/ignorant and refuse to speak english on an english realm? Well I got stuck on one during Vanilla wow with Greek/Italians - If I see Malakakakakakakak one more time I'd explode! Its not xenophobic or racist to want an English realm to remain guess what - English speaking. German/French realms don't have to worry about it and all the Americans have to worry about is the South Americans - so yes the UK servers do get shafted. I hope you get stuck on a russian server - you'd soon see my point.

Deleted
    xenophobe much?
    He has a mild point. If there are several groups of people all speaking different languages on the same server, things just become a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    My thoughts aswell. If they allow all servers to go to the max now you'll see a few servers with Full and everything else empty. It would seem like a smart move to cap the servers lower then their max. This way they can force a spead of the playerbase.
    This could very well be whats happening. makes sense to me.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    They have posted in the official thread that the server list was NOT final and they would be bringing more online as the invites progressed. As to them filling up I would have to go with the theory that as members from guilds with x number of members start to populate the server they automatically apply the full number of members in that guild that where in the pre launch program against the server pop maximum..
    For your supposition to work would require them to only activate the servers needed to handle initial disposition of players with early codes. That would have meant a pretty smart algorithm needed for the guild dispersal, something many claim isn't the case because many guilds have neither their foe or friend guilds on their server.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    English in the EU have a torrent of many many countries ruining our servers, and we have a lot less to go round.
    You Neanderthals have ruined your own lands, but you will not ruin mine!!!

I would be interested in knowing what server-hardware they're using Also, I wonder if each "server" is actually just a VM, or do they really have enough hardware for 100+ servers (at this rate)...
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

xenophobe much?
    Yeah he has a point. Imagine you get into an all, well... anything group. And all the time they are talking in their own language and you just have no idea what they are talking about. Ever been in one of those groups?

Well, imagine the whole server is like that. And even tough it should be an internation and english server, the average player doesnt even understand "No, im not from X". Goodluck finding a solid raiding guild among such a mess.

Not to mention some online-stereotypes are very anoying. And the more of those people who gather, the worst it becomes and the more you are confronted with it. Im making damn sure i land myself on an international and (mostly) english speaking server.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Yeah he has a point. Imagine you get into an all, well... anything group. And all the time they are talking in their own language and you just have no idea what they are talking about. Ever been in one of those groups?

Well, imagine the whole server is like that. And even tough it should be an internation and english server, the average player doesnt even understand "No, im not from X". Goodluck finding a solid raiding guild among such a mess.

Not to mention some online-stereotypes are very anoying. And the more of those people who gather, the worst it becomes and the more you are confronted with it. Im making damn sure i land myself on an international and (mostly) english speaking server.
    Yes.

Actually I play league of legends late night and get lots of teammates that are Chinese, Korean and the occasional Brazilian. I don't understand a word they are saying but it's fairly obvious what they are doing and I can work with that. There is more to communication than just spoken words.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Yes.

Actually I play league of legends late night and get lots of teammates that are Chinese, Korean and the occasional Brazilian. I don't understand a word they are saying but it's fairly obvious what they are doing and I can work with that. There is more to communication than just spoken words.
    You dont need to talk at all to clear stuff, i think WoW has proven that perfectly fine with their LFD. Plenty of 5man heroics done with no one saying a word.
    But if you play a social game, like an MMO, being "isolated" on a server isnt very fun. And LoL is not an MMO, its not about the social aspects. Its much more akin to the 5mans in WoW. Just get it over with, and if everyone knows what they are doing then it'll be fine.

But if you want to play more seriously, and this applies to LoL aswell (i dont play, my gf does) you need proper communications. Just like a raid. And getting just into a decent guild is hard enough when your server mostly speaks a language you do not, and guilds would rather pick people form their country then pick up you and force everyone to speak another language.

I want to be on a server that has 30min-1hour qeues for 2 months atleast! that means that server will have a strong community which is the most important thing.