So I have a terrible problem, at least that's what I'm thinking (Early access issue)

I had originally pre ordered ToR the first day possible, with an old debit card. In July, I had an issue with a fraudulent charge, so I just changed my debit card, no big deal right? Then I remembered my ToR pre order was made with my old card. I contacted their customer service, and they said I had to pre order a new game, I couldn't replace the previous card information with the new card info. Today, I got my email for early access...on my previous account. So my official pre order account does not have an early invite, where my account with no preorder does have an invite. Should I bother playing on the old account's early access or just wait to play on release/later early invite? Because I'm guessing I can't move my pre order code to the other account if I've already redeemed it.

TD;DR - 2 accounts, 1 w/ early access only, 1 w/ pre order only - what do I do?

Deleted
    The pre-order code isn't related to the game code.
    In other words, when you receive the game code with the new pre order you can happily and without problem register it on your EGA account. So go ahead and start playing (Lucky bastard!)

I'd probably call swtor customer service to make sure.

Did you get a digital or retail copy? If it's retail you can probably just enter the game key from the box into your old account that has early access. If it's digital.... no idea.

------------------
    Just saw this post on the swtor dev tracker:
    As others have mentioned on this thread, the next code you need to enter is the Game Code. You'll find this in the game box when you purchase (or have it emailed to you if you purchased via Origin.com).

Hope that helps!

So you should get a code you can enter into your old account that has early access if you ordered digital as well. I would probably still call customer service first though, don't want to lose a character.
    Last edited by Gerendfs; 2011-12-13 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Why make a new account? Just enter the product key on the account with early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    Why make a new account? Just enter the product key on the account with early access.
    this, just wait till you get your Game code and put in in on the EA account

Deleted
    I'd probably call swtor customer service to make sure.
    I'd avoid that tbh. My account locked itself yesterday so i phoned up to sort it. An hour in queue @ standard mobile rate because i don't have a landline.

Deleted
    got a similar issue, though not as huge... i also preordered CE the first day possible, activated as soon as i get the key from amazon.. just recently found out that i did that on the wrong account (due to crappy EA/origin/swtor/...-account-system-mixup), and support can't switch keys for unreleased games. So I got another preorder code (don't ask how), and activated that one on the right account.. but far later than the first.

now i probably will be invited on third wave with the old account with CE, but thats not the account i'm gonna play with... and the other account will probably be activated on thursday, as i activated that one in november... which means i gotta wait for 2 more days while having a perfectly good early access account sitting there... that sucks... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I'd avoid that tbh. My account locked itself yesterday so i phoned up to sort it. An hour in queue @ standard mobile rate because i don't have a landline.
    Do you need the feelings stick to express yourself about that hour of charges?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluttered View Post
    Do you need the feelings stick to express yourself about that hour of charges?
    I have the Travel Size one \o/.

Edit: Nice to see someone else who watches New Girl here