Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree with Diop that servers might have a low cap right now, to be increased later.

This will definitely be a huge launch... but 5-10 million on Day 1 of early access, from NA and EU alone, in the middle of the NA work day? Come on.

Allowing servers to get completely full during early access would also be an incredibly short-sighted move as it could prevent people from playing with their friends after launch.

Deleted
    Is this game using the 'play on US/EU servers regardless of where you bought the game' model that Rift used or are they territory locked like WoW?
    It is not territory locked you can play on any server

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    It is not territory locked you can play on any server
    Yay! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jophess View Post
    Watching a stream about an hour ago the player went to the server screen and almost all of them were "Light" population. Not sure which is right, but the in-game and website server lists don't even have the same names for the populations.
    Need to take into consideration the fact that the game is not even a released game. Only Early access invites will be playing and even then, by the sound of it, its a slow progression to even get those people going.

It will matter more with in the first week after the official release (20th) and then again after a month or two.

I remember when rift came out it started out great and then leveled out after a few months. (Not Rift Bashing as i plan to play it while playing SW, just wont be as obsessive as it will with SW)

*edit* - holy crap. just looked at the server listings. 51 servers are listed as full with 16 on high.
    Last edited by marixis; 2011-12-13 at 07:05 PM.
    Huh, wha-, you want me to come closer? Oh, you don't wanna fight anymore? Oh, your hands are up there almost like you're beggin'... beggin' for a little piece of Boba... Yeah, ya like that, don't ya? You like it, 'cause you're bad... oh, yeah... you dirty, little smuggler...

Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post
    Indeed they may be using the 'full' line to help spread the players out. I.e. with 100 servers let in 200k people but have each server cap at 3000 so you know you won't end up with 50 servers with like 100 people in it and 2-3 with 20k.
    I strongly suspect this is the case, as the tweets have mentioned that they'll be bumping up the definition of "full" during EA.

Also, the 100K user test was a test with bots, not players, and I think it was more of a "it can sustain this many players without crashing" rather than ensuring that the game wasn't having responsiveness issues.

Servers with N/A are supposed to be EU servers, according to SR, it's a bug.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Deleted
    I read somewhere that the july Ea is 20% of the overall EA orders and Rockjaw said that tommorow there will be a much wider range of EA geting access, Considering they have been cautious today is this 20% figure thats thrown around true?

Quote Originally Posted by marixis View Post
    Need to take into consideration the fact that the game is not even a released game. Only Early access invites will be playing and even then, by the sound of it, its a slow progression to even get those people going.

It will matter more with in the first week after the official release (20th) and then again after a month or two.

I remember when rift came out it started out great and then leveled out after a few months. (Not Rift Bashing as i plan to play it while playing SW, just wont be as obsessive as it will with SW)

*edit* - holy crap. just looked at the server listings. 51 servers are listed as full with 16 on high.
    I'm just pointing out the discrepancy between the in-game server list and the online server list. You see all those servers being listed as "full" online, but in-game a majority of them are listed as "light."

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I read somewhere that the july Ea is 20% of the overall EA orders and Rockjaw said that tommorow there will be a much wider range of EA geting access, Considering they have been cautious today is this 20% figure thats thrown around true?
    We don't know but most reasonable estimates would place it at 10-20% of overall preorders. July was 13% of US retail preorders.

should be a low cap on all servers to encourage people to spread out amongst the servers
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Diemos View Post
    There are already 106 US Servers with most of them being High/Full.

..Ya this game isnt gonna be popular../sarcasm off

and after reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Richard-Vogel having 80k-100k players per server..you do the math.
    As of the 10th of December there was just under 1 million pre-orders, according to VGChartz ( http://www.vgchartz.com/article/8859...ars-1-million/ ) and going by some of the threads just on mmochamp about people getting in, i would say a good percent of those pre-orders have not yet made it in to the game. so regardless of the math there, i would say its a bit more like WoW servers populations right now, perhaps an extra 1000 or so players per server at most.

During the beta all the servers came up as "high/full" due to a bug. Many people in EA right now are complaining of low populations in game. Either their calculation of what is full is different than others or it is still bugged.

Just curious, how many servers did WoW launch with? I wasn't there until long after launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't often snoop around this section as i play Rift, but had SW:TOR pre-ordered since July 21st so was able to log in at 12:00GMT today, thought i'd post some screenies of available servers just to put peoples questions and concerns to rest.

All screenies taken just about 10 mins ago before i start playing again...

North America

Europe

The servers are by no means full or busy on this initial wave, that will improve in the next week as they invite more, atm i've reached Dromund Kaas, as you can see, only 38 of us there so it's very relaxed, questing is a breeze with no competition

For people worried about latency and server stability, that was my average ping as seen in the above screenie for most of the day, no lag issues, all very stable

Before people wonder, i will be playing SW:TOR as a single-player type game and playing Rift still for my MMO fix

Quote Originally Posted by Diemos View Post
    There are already 106 US Servers with most of them being High/Full.

..Ya this game isnt gonna be popular../sarcasm off

and after reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Richard-Vogel having 80k-100k players per server..you do the math.
    You are forgeting a major factor... their page it may say "full" but you have to remember that they just have the server caps low right now to get people to "evenly" distribute across all the servers, if you actualy look at what the in game server list is saying its saying low/normal for all of them, none even at high... which again is because the caps they temporarily have on to get a nice amount of players in each rather then have some over populated and some lacking of people totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And btw, the status on the server status page seems to conflict with what the server status screen shows in the game itself. According to the server select screen in-game, they are much less populated that shown on the site.
    I suspect that they have accounted for guild-placement numbers in advance (since they know where the guilds will be places and how many members they currently have).