Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Why? The shield is better anyway lol
    Yea, because no socket is much better than having a socket...

"Robe of Glowing Stone - Priest"HAH! Take that you a**hole mages!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Off spec need rolling is perfectly fine.
    It is not fine when there are others that need it for main spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Off spec need rolling is perfectly fine.
    Not till they fix the role bonus. Saw a ret pally win the healing shield last night because h got the role bonus when he shouldn't have.
    Last edited by Panjier; 2011-12-13 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Sure, they could have implemented the bonus rolls differently so people could use less than ideal pieces that no one else needs (off-hand for paladin healers, reforged spirit gear to replace a crafted, etc) but heck, why pass up a chance to generate more qq and alienate even more of the player base when that's so much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Why? Shamans and Paladins are designed to use Shields in off-hand (always have).
    Only benefit to having a shield is armor. I'm not normally tanking as a holy paladin in my DS runs. Are you?

Deleted
    Well step to the right direction I say.

Thank you based Blizzard.

So glad that Blizzard isn't waiting to address this. I lost a melee dps trinket last week to a huntard, who then tried to sell it to the group. My face still has a mark on it cause I facepalmed so hard.

Seal of Primordial Shadow - Druid , Hunter , Shaman, Rogue

NO BLIZZ. JUST NO. HUNTERS DONT WANT EXPERTISE. :/

RE on Similarions post

Quote Originally Posted by similarion View Post
    Doesn't fix the problem with people ninja-ing stuff for off-specs?
    I've been following MMO-Champion for a year now, but never actually made an account untill now, just to comment on this post.
    Nevertheless, this is not the point of my reply, my reply is below;

You're completely correct in regards to this. By giving the loot roll bonus to people in off-spec is most certainly unfair, and will result in an unjust enrichment. That happened to me last week in the Fall of Deathwing LFR. The two-handed sword dropped off Deathwing, and a Protection Warrior needed it; which he later gave to his Blood Death Knight friend, even though the Death Knight lost the roll. My point being here, supporting yours; is that the loot roll bonus should be fixed, so that people currently in off-spec, cannot exploit the system.

I opened a ticket about this matter; and the answer I got was that a team at Blizzard was doing everything to improve the LFR system, and its looting rules. They did not answer on my question directly, but rather gave the previously mentioned answer.

This broken mechanic beats the whole purpose of doing the LFR raids, when a group of people can team up, need on a certain item; and then give it to his/her friend. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Deleted
    boomkins can still roll with bonus on agi polearms, but its a start. Mages rolling on spirit is just annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just the armor. It's the "aesthetic", i.e the LOOK your character has overall.

TL;DR: Grab the shield, and leave the off-hand items for those it's meant for.

Healing off-hand classes that are not shaman / paladin: Cannot use shields
    Healing shields: only usable by paladins / shamans

Ergo the shield is yours, and keep your grubby paws off my offhand
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Quote Originally Posted by xstaindx View Post
    Seal of Primordial Shadow - Druid , Hunter , Shaman, Rogue

NO BLIZZ. JUST NO. HUNTERS DONT WANT EXPERTISE. :/
    Even with Expertise it's an upgrade over 378 rings until they get something better. Plus Expertise can be reforged to something more useful. Should they need on it? Not if there is somewhere there who would benefit but if not an upgrade is an upgrade.

This is good, it will bring a fix the Diablo "click on every sinlge item that drops" mentality. Now let's see how long it will take to be only able to roll for items for your spec and (my favorite) NOT be able to roll if you have won the iitem before.. yes I am talking about the helm/shoulders for off-spec!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    I would like to know how it's about SOULDRINKER?
    Is it considered as tanking weapon or dps weapon? Because honestly draining hp is more for tanks, BUT last week some dps won the roll WITH role bonus in LFR.
    I am confused, any ideas?
    Note:

Souldrinker is BiS for Frost DKs for each tier of DS difficulty.

It's odd, i know, but this confirms, our BiS Frost is Souldrinker. Nice to have that there

And btw, the proc DAMAGES for 1.3% of our HP AND heals for x2 that amount. So it's also a dps boost.

And before any tanks get their underwear in a knot: think about it. Currently 1H Swords/Maces get itemized with parry/dodge and are used by a whopping 2 (yes two!) specs in alllll of WoW. By adding Frost DKs and (possibly, not sure about this one) SMFury Warriors to the mix it's still only 4 specs! Compare that with say, oh I dunno, a Int Staff that how many specs would roll on?

It's smart. They already fail at making good looking gear (c'mon Souldrinker looks very similar to a 2H ICC Sword!) so to ask them to make one for ever spec is lol
    Last edited by willowe; 2011-12-13 at 09:19 PM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

15+ Year Old Account
    Why? Shamans and Paladins are designed to use Shields in off-hand (always have).
    If that were true then why are they even able to use off-hands?

OT: Good changes

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    I would like to know how it's about SOULDRINKER?
    Is it considered as tanking weapon or dps weapon? Because honestly draining hp is more for tanks, BUT last week some dps won the roll WITH role bonus in LFR.
    I am confused, any ideas?
    Unless you're an Orc and get the racial bonus wielding Hand of Morchok, wielding Souldrinkers will be BiS for Frost Death Knights and I believe SMF Warrior's (may be incorrect about SMF, feel free to correct). The proc rate on the drain has been proved to be a greater DPS gain than the static stats. In this case the weapon is versatile and is useful to both roles.

(Quote in regards to Paladin's being excluded in the off-hand class restrictions.)
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Why? The shield is better anyway lol
    The shield may be better, but that doesn't mean it can't be an upgrade in the mean time until you see the shield drop. Personally, I see no reason why Paladin's shouldn't be allowed to equip an off-hand item.

Not sure if this is a side effect to this change they just did, but I did not get the roll bonus on Ledger of Revolting Rituals as a shadow priest. Did the system forget that +spirit can be main spec for hybrids?

Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post
    Healing off-hand classes that are not shaman / paladin: Cannot use shields
    Healing shields: only usable by paladins / shamans

Ergo the shield is yours, and keep your grubby paws off my offhand
    If only the shield had a socket, then I would.