Thread: Neckbeards

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Men that have chinstraps use them to give the illusion of having a distinguishable jawline and one chin that is distinct from the second (and third and so on).

Neckbeards are for fatties that are too lazy to even go for the chinstrap. It's pretty sad...

Here's the grossness scale from best to worst:
    Mustache w/beard
    Clean shaven
    Mustache
    Beard
    Goatee
    Chinstrap
    Those long, wiry pube-like hairs growing from the chin that look like inverted Wishing Troll hair
    Neckbeards
    Any ungroomed patches of sporadic hair growth
    Fixed, clean shaven is for women, man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    The typical neckbeard is indeed not groomed. I think they generally look quite dirty.

This is coming from a guy with a big bushy moustache.

I might be going for the burnside soon, which also looks quite dirty if not groomed properly.

for the win!
    I almost wet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I want to point out that it depends on the man.

I know moustaches can look 1000000x better on some people than others and in these cases it looks better than a clean-shaven baby face any day. I used to rock a stache myself and realized I wasn't one of those people (or maybe it was just that I'd be been keeping one since I was 15) so I went clean shaven. Now I can't decide.

But yea, neck beards just look all around shitty. A well groomed beard or stache is the epitome of manliness and far beyond any lazy neck beard or clean shaven womanly man.
    I completely agree with you on your points. I have been rocking a stache since I was 13 years old (started shaving at 12... I am a hairy bastard), and I can't stand to be completely shaven. I feel like a 10-year old little boy. And your last sentence makes me wish that I could +like or otherwise up-rate your comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Now that would be a neckbeard to be proud of.

As for the topic, the pic in the OP wasn't the best. Neckbeards like that just scream unwashed lazyness. Sometimes I will go a week or two without shaving the hair on my neck, but it isn't exactly noticeable as the hair from my chin and jaw is long enough to hide it, so I can get away with it.

Personally, aside from neckbeards, I can't seem to wrap my mind around America's obscene hatred and prejudice against beards of any kind. Food service, I can kinda understand (wouldn't want hair in my food), but non-food jobs... Why? I get so damn tired of being forced to shave my face completely and look like I am a little 10 year old boy who can't seem to grow any kind of hair on his face.
    This is so true. I rather not be a little girly man, so I have facial hair. I have the gift (curse) of a lot of hair growth on my face (been shaving since 12) so why not have it?

I also look a bit more intimidating, which is good in my line of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    The typical neckbeard is indeed not groomed. I think they generally look quite dirty.

This is coming from a guy with a big bushy moustache.

I might be going for the burnside soon, which also looks quite dirty if not groomed properly.

*snip* for the win!
    These types of beards look awesome on old dudes with bushy eyebrows
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted

Don't mind me, just busy being the best beard this side of the Mirror Universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    I almost wet myself.
    I am dead serious about growing that in. I have been thinking about it for many years now!

Edit: I will be shaving my head and leaving just the burnside when it is done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    it's not really anything to do with the the beard. it's that they're dirty people whom can't grow a full beard. they're usually overweight, beta, complete cunts and dirty unshowered basement dwellers that thinks the world (and females) owe them everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    it's not really anything to do with the the beard. it's that they're dirty people whom can't grow a full beard. they're usually overweight, beta, complete cunts and dirty unshowered basement dwellers that thinks the world (and females) owe them everything.
    This, and they also claim to be "nice guys" when they're really complete douches. And gross as balls.

Look at me horribly overgeneralize all over the topic.

Oh, but I wouldn't call them (or anyone for that matter) "betas". The whole alpha/beta thing doesn't really apply to humans on any serious level.
    Last edited by Biske; 2011-12-14 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Added a bit
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    snip
    I have something like the first one going on. Granted mine is just for football season (I don't shave until the Steelers are out for the season, which meant I didn't shave til the Superbowl last year) but its actually pretty close to that. I can't grow a mustache but my beard is getting pretty epic.

Besides, nobody with a soul can hate on beards after seeing:
    Last edited by Jodah; 2011-12-14 at 01:48 AM.

Neckbeards, aka, people who let their entire beard grow all the way down their necks, are the following:

Now, these are NOT neckbeards, or are well-groomed enough not to matter:

The first ones look lazy, unsanitary, and unkempt, where the latter are trimmed, neat, and show some pride in their hair, aside from simply "Let this shit grow everywhere".
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    You seem to have issues. Your entire post was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Also, I agree with some of the other posters in regard to prefering to keep a well groomed beard. Clean shaven feels wrong, I'm neither a woman or young boy. Facial hair is part of being male, people should look after it with pride instead of being lazy and shaving it all off imo.

This is a true neckbeard. All those ones from the celebs are just regular beards. I also went to high school with this guy.

It looks strange when it is just the neck without the face. With hair on the face, it generally looks fine.
    However, a beard does require grooming for luscious glory.

Skelington shaves his neck and chin, leaving muttonchops and a moustache.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope your bum bum is OK after being attacked by the neckbeard prowler (joke)

OT: Sure if it's well groomed, any form of facial hair is fine, neckbeards are fine if it suits the person sporting it I just think a lot of people over generalize way too much.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2011-12-14 at 02:03 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Neckbeard sounds like a Dwarven clan.

OT: I thought neckbeards were the hair that grows on your neck - like throat area, coming up from your chest. 'Cause I've got a lot of chest hair and I do not shave it at all. Hair comes up all the way to my adam's apple but it's not really something I've considered a part of my beard. It's a thinner hair.

I keep a goatee, trimmed to about 3-4 on my beard trimmer. It does not, of course, connect to my chest hair. That okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    I categorize neckbeards as being lazy bums because the majority of them just let their beard grow in "some" direction and don't care about it at all, they all look like a cross between a redneck and a homeless person. It's gross.

The Van Dyke or Junco beard is where it's at! You cannot hate on something that both Lenin and Johnny depp wear! (In Lenin's case, wore)

EDIT: Goddamn large pictures, I'll just like the wikipedia page where they're shown instead!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_dyke_beard
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2011-12-14 at 02:18 AM.

Having a neckbeard is usually indicative that you either don't give a shit about your appearance or are too lazy to shave it. Neck hair is something you shave because it looks weird if you don't.

Deleted
    How about you are growing a beard and dont want to trim it at all? My grandfather used to tell me: You either shave it completely or you let it grow naturally, everything else is for poofs. So never do i shave my nechbeard unless the hairs start curling in which case i trim them a little!

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    In may, I saw this on CNN, and it might be a good read for some of you.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...iref=allsearch
    Of all the beards that link displayed it didn't show the best beard ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...24D9lHqc#t=19s