Thread: Neckbeards

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Neckbeards

Whats with the sudden bash on neckbeards? suddenly anyone who has a neckbeard is called names and a no lifer just because they dont shave their neck, but if they an even bigger beard just with no neckhair its fine? WHAT?

FTW!!

EDIT: PIC CHANGED BECAUSE OF THE HATE ON THE FAT GUY
    Last edited by Chunkyman; 2011-12-14 at 01:38 AM.

Cuz neckbeards look terrible.

If it's a long beard it may look good, but neckbeards.... Like this guy you posted, that looks like pubic hair... not a beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Growing a faux beard to try to hide the fact you have a huge roll under your chin is just a very bad idea, and people that do it should be mocked. If they take it too personal than they are the ones with the problem, not me for poking them about it a bit.

Deleted
    It looks awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men that have chinstraps use them to give the illusion of having a distinguishable jawline and one chin that is distinct from the second (and third and so on).

Neckbeards are for fatties that are too lazy to even go for the chinstrap. It's pretty sad...

Here's the grossness scale from best to worst:
    Clean shaven
    Mustache
    Mustache w/beard
    Beard
    Goatee
    Chinstrap
    Those long, wiry pube-like hairs growing from the chin that look like inverted Wishing Troll hair
    Neckbeards
    Any ungroomed patches of sporadic hair growth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    Whats with the sudden bash on neckbeards? suddenly anyone who has a neckbeard is called names and a no lifer just because they dont shave their neck, but if they an even bigger beard just with no neckhair its fine?
    When you have 'groomed' facial hair it shows that you at least care what it looks like, and are making an effort to keep it clean. A neck beard on the other hand just screams 'I was too lazy to shave' and then begs the follow on question 'when was the last time you showered?'
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I sometimes use neckbeard as slang for (usually overweight) men who sit in their basement and play video games. Less about how bad they look (though they look bad) than who has them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    I want a beard like Gaahl
    This is what I mean by a 'groomed' beard. Even though the guy doesn't look like a clean cut prep, people won't doubt his hygiene based on his appearance.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I wouldn't insult anyone with a neckbeard but imo it doesn't look very good. There are better alternative styles to choose from.

The neckbeard is an insult to other facial hair enthusiasts. It shows a complete lack of discipline or pride. Personally, I have a beard. And I trim it on a regular basis with a pair of clippers, and use a razor every time I shower to clean up the stubble from my cheeks and neck. I take pride in my beard, and it shows. I have friends who are either unable to grow a full beard, or who grow out the pube/whisps, and it's.... not good. At all.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account

maybe it's just me, but I don't think that that looks terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

maybe it's just me, but I don't think that that looks terrible.
    He clearly shaves his neck, hence the stubble growing there. He could get rid of some of the wisps from his cheeks, but otherwise, it's not horrible. It's also most definitely not a neckbeard.

edit: Another point for my personal experience... if I don't shave, my beard would grow from the neckline of my shirt, back to my hairline and behind my ears, and under an inch below my eyes. I could sport a beard that makes a mountain man question his bearding... and I do not approve of neckbeards.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    He clearly shaves his neck, hence the stubble growing there. He could get rid of some of the wisps from his cheeks, but otherwise, it's not horrible. It's also most definitely not a neckbeard.
    It's enough to cover up a double chin, which seems to be what's most at critic here. This is personally the first time I've actually heard about this hate for neckbeards.

The funniest part of this thread is how the OP is trying to defend neckbeards, but then he uses one of the worst pics as an example
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The funniest part of this thread is how the OP is trying to defend neckbeards, but then he uses one of the worst pics as an example
    This one is far better.

And actually on a more serious note, this one is kind of nice:

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Men that have chinstraps use them to give the illusion of having a distinguishable jawline and one chin that is distinct from the second (and third and so on).

Neckbeards are for fatties that are too lazy to even go for the chinstrap. It's pretty sad...

Here's the grossness scale from best to worst:
    Clean shaven
    Mustache
    Mustache w/beard
    Beard
    Goatee
    Chinstrap
    Those long, wiry pube-like hairs growing from the chin that look like inverted Wishing Troll hair
    Neckbeards
    Any ungroomed patches of sporadic hair growth
    I want to point out that it depends on the man.

I know moustaches can look 1000000x better on some people than others and in these cases it looks better than a clean-shaven baby face any day. I used to rock a stache myself and realized I wasn't one of those people (or maybe it was just that I'd be been keeping one since I was 15) so I went clean shaven. Now I can't decide.

But yea, neck beards just look all around shitty. A well groomed beard or stache is the epitome of manliness and far beyond any lazy neck beard or clean shaven womanly man.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    The typical neckbeard is indeed not groomed. I think they generally look quite dirty.

This is coming from a guy with a big bushy moustache.

I might be going for the burnside soon, which also looks quite dirty if not groomed properly.

for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Grow a neckbeard and a mullet (no mustache or any other chunk of beard). Shave all other hair on top of your head (minus the mullet, obviously). Leave only a trail of hair to connect the neckbeard with the mullet. Then you'll be the most handsome human alive.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This one is far better.

And actually on a more serious note, this one is kind of nice:

Now that would be a neckbeard to be proud of.

As for the topic, the pic in the OP wasn't the best. Neckbeards like that just scream unwashed lazyness. Sometimes I will go a week or two without shaving the hair on my neck, but it isn't exactly noticeable as the hair from my chin and jaw is long enough to hide it, so I can get away with it.

Personally, aside from neckbeards, I can't seem to wrap my mind around America's obscene hatred and prejudice against beards of any kind. Food service, I can kinda understand (wouldn't want hair in my food), but non-food jobs... Why? I get so damn tired of being forced to shave my face completely and look like I am a little 10 year old boy who can't seem to grow any kind of hair on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Didnt try and defend anything..