Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Glad I'm going to be a sniper :P we'll be like the hidden side of the empire...wait doesn't that fit perfectly with the archetype :P

Well I think it is because most people don't like being that dude in the movies that exists solely to get shot by Luke and Han(read Troopers or IA). Tough troopers can be more popular for having that Space Marine feel. About Smuggler, really, who would want to be that? What are the great combat scenes Han Solo did(accidentaly hitting Boba Fett jet pack while blinded wouldn't count)? The power and importance the movies and series gave to Jedi and Siths are the reason it is so popular. They have that "hero" class feel you know.

Deleted
    Bounty Hunters are fairly rare on my EU Server, even IA are seen more often.
    I started Sith Inquisitor Assassin but I think I'll reroll on Bounty Hunter cause noone in my Guild got one

About Smuggler, really, who would want to be that? What are the great combat scenes Han Solo did(accidentaly hitting Boba Fett jet pack while blinded wouldn't count)? The power and importance the movies and series gave to Jedi and Siths are the reason it is so popular. They have that "hero" class feel you know.
    I love smuggler. It is the matter of preference. Dont narrow everything to your own perspective. Troopers are too brute force type for my taste and all that "Sir, Yes Sir!!!" way of life. And all Jedi, well, I have a feeling like they "must" all the time. As a smuggler I feel like a real free spirit in this world. And I like the smartass attitude. I think being a Jedi is great in singler player game where you are the one and unique. But in MMO? When you have over 9000 Jedi running around it looses the magic.

You mentioned power and importance of Jedi and Sith. True. But it was mostly Luke, Vader, Palpatine, Obi Wan, Mace Windu, Yoda and others along this caliber. Lets be honest. Your Jedi is nowhere near their "power level". If anything, you are a Jedi cannon fodder which got butchered on that arena in Episode II.
    Last edited by Awe; 2011-12-16 at 11:17 AM.

Sorry i didn't meant to offend your vision of the smuggler, I just wanted to point one of the perspective why both Sith and Jedis are so picked. Bounty hunters are also picked a lot because they're known also as Jedi Killers.
    Now regarding the Jedi thing, well on episode IV, V, VI, yeah...Luke, Vader and Palpatine and Yoda were the only force users there, Mace Windu was already a bmf by the simple fact it was already played by Samuel L. Jackson, but even so, for every Jedi that felt on the arena, 30 or more troops died. You got my point? The simple fact that a jedi can outlast so many oponents in the movies, is one of the reasons it feels like a hero class and most of people want to pick them. I personally felt tempted to make a Sith Assassin like Darth Maul but I am gonna go with my nostalgia liking and go with Bounty Hunters.
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2011-12-16 at 11:24 AM.

No offense taken. I can perfectly understand the reasons people have to play pretty much every single class in this game. Those reasons vary and can be conflicting but I think every single one is valid. Thus my remark about reasons to play a smuggler.

As for Jedi being more powerful lore-wise from non-Jedi, that is true. But I prefer to look at this in a way that every character can have some role in this universe. Luke could use the force to nuke the 1st Death Star but he would not be able to pull this off if not Han coming back to assist him. Also who delivered a killing blow to 2nd Death Star? Lando, another smuggler I guess. So they do have part to play, could be even pivotal. And if Jango can shoot a Jedi with a blaster, why cant a smuggler (and Bounty Hunter obviously).
    Last edited by Awe; 2011-12-16 at 11:36 AM.

lets keep the updates coming guys as the staggering waves continue

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    There are now 5 bajillion sorcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    Sorry i didn't meant to offend your vision of the smuggler, I just wanted to point one of the perspective why both Sith and Jedis are so picked. Bounty hunters are also picked a lot because they're known also as Jedi Killers.
    Now regarding the Jedi thing, well on episode IV, V, VI, yeah...Luke, Vader and Palpatine and Yoda were the only force users there, Mace Windu was already a bmf by the simple fact it was already played by Samuel L. Jackson, but even so, for every Jedi that felt on the arena, 30 or more troops died. You got my point? The simple fact that a jedi can outlast so many oponents in the movies, is one of the reasons it feels like a hero class and most of people want to pick them. I personally felt tempted to make a Sith Assassin like Darth Maul but I am gonna go with my nostalgia liking and go with Bounty Hunters.
    Order 66 says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    just in! Coruscant electrical system is running on sith sorcerers! More news at 11!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    Order 66 says hi
    Wasn't that the order which 378420943843 troopers gangbanged jedis while they were confused about wtf was going on?
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2011-12-16 at 04:14 PM.