Resto Druid - Haste Conundrum

I recently joined a new 10-man guild as a Resto/Balance Druid, and due to their comp, I only have access to the 5% spell-haste buff when I'm healing with our Resto Shaman. The problem is, this is only maybe 1-2 days out of the 4-5 nights we raid.

What I'm wondering is, without having to constantly reforge based on attendance, would it behoove me to try to reforge up to the 2750-ish (I'd have to check the exact number) breakpoint for unbuffed WG/Efflor ticks, or should I reforge down to a lower breakpoint and only have the extra ticks sans-Shaman when my Seal of the Seventh Sign procs?

I'm guessing there's no "right" answer to this, just want to get your opinion on which route you guys think makes more sense. Obviously, for progression on heroic bosses (only H Morchok down for now), I'll make the effort to maximize my set-up based on what we have that night, but in general, for farm fights, which option do you think will be better in general?

What I'm wondering is, without having to constantly reforge based on attendance
    Get ReforgeSaver (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgesaver). That addon makes it super easy to reforge back and forth between different sets (pretty much a 1 button thing).

Oh, awesome. Did not know such a thing existed. Now let's see if I can convince the guild to let me deduct those costs from the bank :-p

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about then no. I believe they're is math showing that you should be sticking at the 2005 haste mark and that trying to reforge up to the next set using proc haste trinkets ends up being worse. But I may be wrong.

Not trying to reforge while relying on procs. I'm talking straight-up reforge/re-gem and grab another 700 haste for the times when I don't get to benefit from 5% spell haste. I'm leaning towards it not being worthwhile, since I'm sure I'd be sacrificing mastery to get there as well, but I'm not very good with running numbers on stuff like this, just wanted some other peoples' reactions to my situation.

Deleted
    I'd really not bother myself.

5% Haste is not an optional buff. Honestly, I'd look for a different guild that actually bothers to min/max even a little bit...

If you want to raid seriously, the poster above me has stated the harsh truth. It's a massive boost to the entire raid and heroic progression would be extremely painful without it. Judging from your armory, you'll be going up against heroic Yorsahj or Zon'ozz next. Not a good idea to go in without it.

Going by your post, I'd assume that you're genuinely interested in heroic raiding. If so, the only "right" answer I can think of is insisting on the buff.

Indeed Ashrr and PHsname, 5% haste buff is not optional for heroic raiding.

Az!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeh makes little sense for you to be mix-maxxing to that level on a nightly basis when your guild is not even putting a correct comp together every night.

A shadow priest or boomkin can provide the buff as well. I see you have a few priests in guild (at least one main raider with a shadow offspec). It makes little sense not to have one of them go shadow when the shaman is not around and/or you're not a boomkin.

If I were in your position, I would respectfully insist the guild fix this issue; you're certainly not the only person in the raid being hampered by the lack of this buff.

I don't think I would immediately resolve to quitting the guild (but of course that's your decision) without at least trying to get the problem fixed. Keep in mind what it might look like if you just joined the guild (not sure how long ago you joined) and immediately quit. Many progression guilds may be understanding of your reason for quitting, but loyalty is often very important to 10 man guilds, so quitting so soon may look suspicious. In other words, it should probably be a last resort option.

Thanks for the input, I'll have to talk it over with them. I do agree that the 5% buff is pretty mandatory, but right now, based on personal schedules, it's just not manageable for 3-heal fights (I often go Boomkin for 2-heal, so it's covered then).