Deleted

[Resto] Healing HEROIC YorSahj the Unsleeping

Hello,

so tonight we killed Morchok heroic kinda easily and we tried Unsleeping heroic to see how it goes. We are following tactics from Icy Veins, dpsing mana void to 15% etc, but, I have absolutely no clue how should Deep Corruption be handled.

Raid leader told us that we should not AoE heal (except efflorescence, mending, WoG etc), just direct heal, so I decided to spam Healing Touch and with clearcasting - Regrowth, but still, it seems so ...well, how can I say it - retarded - to heal? Two people exploding consecutive means that everyone is on 5% or something and you have to heal those people w/o reaching 5 stacks so they wont wipe raid and that seems impossible.

Is it just me who dont get it, or I dont understand mechanics, or we are doing something wrong?

Please help, any advices will be appreciated.

(10 man - 1 tank, 3 healers (druid, pala, disc), 6 dps)

10+ Year Old Account
    ''Dps ing void to 15%''? You gotta kill it asap!

How we did it (Me on my Resto druid, 2 man healing with a Holydin and 2 man tanking it - Protadin, Feral):

Purple:
    We always kept the purple blobb simply because if you 2 man heal it, you get more controlled healing, and it will only stack to 5 on the tank who is currently tanking the boss (Taunt if black adds!). We pop damage migration CDs on purple one (No tranquility, hymn etc. If you have to, dont let it heal more than once or twice because it gives 5 people a stack)

Healing assignments: The Holydin just spams the shit out of the tank, and when we got a CD up, he casts big, fast heals (Yes Flash Heal spam) on people that needs it, making sure it wont add a 5th stack and explode the raid

Me: Pre-blanketting the raid with rejuvenation, making sure I time Nature's Grace (you will have one for every damage phase, if timed correctly) When the raid starts to take damage, place the obvious Effloresence under the raid. Do not use Wild Growth, unless you know what you are doing (I did barely ever use it during purple phase) Also, do not have WG glyphed on that fight! Also if you spam healing touch during blobb phases, you will have one Nature's Swiftness for every gather phase aswell (If Glyhped. which it absolutely should be in every situation). it helps out a LOT to emergency save someone, especially help out on the tank healing.

Blue:
    Chain mana cooldowns. Forexample, 1st: ''Oh we got yellow, blue, purple, green'' Kill Yellow and this wont hurt at all, so save innervate (tell holy pala to do Divine Plea), pre hot every one and the mana void will go down rather quick.

If you get red, yellow, black, purple, Kill yellow, stack up and do a Mana Hymn when everyone are oom, obviously, so both the healers get a lot of mana and the ranged dps will have mana to nuke the orb because you simply will have a hard time kiting the boss (or taunting it) so it will always be near the mana void for the melee to dps it. Melee has to be under the boss during red, remember?

-We 1 tanked it, then we switched to 2 tanks, and it went down on 4 tries, so 2 tanking it went much easier for us.
    -I can't see it go down with 3 healers, 1 tank because 2 tanks will do nearly (if not more) as much AoE dps as 1 tank, 1 dps. 3 healers, 1 tank you will most likely lack too much dps on the orb and on the black adds. Also, I can almost guarantee you that the tank will die a horrable death when you run out of CDs with black/purple phase since he will have 8 debuff stacks.

Hope this helps even a little!

- Remember, pre-blanketting is key.
    Last edited by Celar; 2011-12-14 at 11:13 PM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Cesar: During an easy mana void phase, mana cooldowns can be used to prevent the need to kill that mana void, allowing your healers full mana for every following mana void phase.

So... you don't actually want to kill the first one asap if you can survive without doing so.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2011-12-14 at 11:14 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? We didn't try that, nice :=)
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    We do that too and it works great! ^^ My guild uses the same healing setup disc, pala, druid and in the purple phases we actually assign healers to different people. Thats not going to work for everyone but it works fine for us and prevents healing the same targets unless someone calls out for it. If you have a lock or hunter you can keep lb up on their pet for regen and use it to place an efflo under the raid without using revuje on a raider if stacks are getting high later on in the phase (assuming u placed one at the start and pre-hotted). btw we use 1 tank, a pala.

Deleted
    We just killed unsleeping on 10 man, me as a resto druid and a holy paladin with 1 tank. Saving the mana void tactic works great once you get the hang of it the mana wont be a problem.
    During the purple phase i stayed on the tank (so i keept lifebloom on him during the whole purple phase with HS) and while the paladin beacons the tank and raid heals (since beacon does not stack Deep Corruption, the tank will get more beacon heals) the tank healing went smooth.

Btw - when LB blooms it does not add Deep Corruption.
    Last edited by mmocb8ac234006; 2011-12-15 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    On purple blanket the tank / group / raid with rejuv's. then when the purple is about to expire re-rejuv anyone with less than 4 stacks so the rejuv will carry over to past the debuff reset.

Other than that, spam HT, and Swiftmend ppl tho this will add a stack

At least on 25m rejuv will easily keep people up for most combinations of oozes, with the odd HT to boost their HP when needed.

Deleted
    I healed it with a holy paladin (10 man), we took care of one group each - 1 healer, 1 tank and 3 dps in each group. When we let purple go through, I prehotted everyone in my group with Rejuv's before the purple debuff was applied, and kept Lifebloom on myself. I refreshed the Rejuv's and used only Swiftmend and Healing touch and it went just fine. I tried keeping Lifebloom on our lock's felhunter, but he was switching pets and I decided to just put it on myself instead. I guess a hunter pet would be better for this.

As far as I saw, the T12 4 set didn't apply a stack of the debuff (I could be wrong). Our holy paladin claimed that WoG didn't add a stack, but I don't know if that's true. DW mace proc's didn't add a stack.

Deleted
    Your main problem, I would say, is that you're going with three healers. As someone previous to me said, it gets a lot more controlled if you go with 2 healers and I don't think you can make the enrage timer with 3 healers (correct me if I'm wrong). With two healers you know what the other one is going to heal; this way you avoid unnecessary stacking of the debuff and overhealing.

For this fight I decided to change my spec into a more direct heal focused spec. I dropped Living Seed and Nature's Cure for Nature's Bounty and 1/2 in Blessing of the Grove (to be able to spec further). The reasoning behind this is that the damage is too spikey for hots to be as useful as they are on slow and steady damage fights. Even if a Rejuvenation is better than a HT, HT/Regrowth suffices since you top people off easier and most importantly, faster. You want to blanket hot the raid before the debuff applies and only use Rejuvenation/WG if people are below 3 stacks, else use HT. Keep refreshing LB on whoever has it by using HT/Regrowth and if you get a combo where you can stack up, use Swifthmend to get Effloressence out since it doesn't stack the debuff. Be VERY careful with Tranq since each tick of it gives a debuff stack.

Hope some of my ramble helped. Good luck!

Well, yesterday we killed it for second time - me as resto druid and a disc priest (i think some smite healing spec) and 1 tank. We found it extremely easier with a DK tank than pally or warrior. During purple i was healing 1 of the groups (mostly ranged with low armor that take a lot of dmg from black adds) with some help of shields from the priest when there are adds. I used only healing touch and was able to keep everyone alive, I think only tank exploded 2 times the whole fight. We didnt kill the first blue and used cd's to get mana till next blue (potion, 2 innervates ).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    I healed it with a holy paladin (10 man), we took care of one group each - 1 healer, 1 tank and 3 dps in each group. When we let purple go through, I prehotted everyone in my group with Rejuv's before the purple debuff was applied, and kept Lifebloom on myself. I refreshed the Rejuv's and used only Swiftmend and Healing touch and it went just fine. I tried keeping Lifebloom on our lock's felhunter, but he was switching pets and I decided to just put it on myself instead. I guess a hunter pet would be better for this.

As far as I saw, the T12 4 set didn't apply a stack of the debuff (I could be wrong). Our holy paladin claimed that WoG didn't add a stack, but I don't know if that's true. DW mace proc's didn't add a stack.
    Why didn't you keep LB on the tank?

Killed it quite fast yesterday, we went with the save mana void tactic.

On purple you gotta make sure people used their selfcds, healthstones and so on if needed. It's really good to use Rallying Cry during purple. I prehotted everyone with shard of woe rejuvs, then used rejuv, swiftmend (if someone was low, regrowth then swiftmend) and healing touches. The key for my group was good communication with peoples cds and since I'm the raidleader I could easily call out for any raid cd if needed. And speak with your healingpartner which target you heal, this was the most important thing for us. If we called out healing targets instead of splitting it group wise since 3 people in a group can drop low it's a lot better.

Deleted
    Doesnt rejuv add a tick to the Debuff or is it just IF it's applied when the debuff is up?
    Also if this ^ is true I guess I know why LB on tank might work!

A few things to watch.

The firebloom proc from 4pct12 will cause a stack of the debuff, which is bad if you are trying to control who gets what
    Living seed will cause a stack in addition to the spell that crit - so any crit heal will cause 2 stacks
    You can swiftmend someones pet if to drop effloresence without causing anyone to gain a stack
    Healing touch should be your spell of choice for purple since it does the most healing for a single cast, though a non LS-spec RG crit is similar and faster
    RJ should only be used on purple if your falling behind on healing for multiple targets and can afford the stacks

If you 1 tank 2 heal the enrage timer is pretty liberal, but tanks will generally need to be handled very carefully during purple. Its my opinion 2 tanks would be generally better if your dps is competent because it simplifies purple tanking.

Some general tips for the fight.
    Purple ain't that bad. If you get purple and blue at the same time, keep both!
    Kill priority: Yellow - Green - Purple.

Always take green before red since it's nice to stack up. Our first kill with 2 healers, I did 13k hps and our holy paladin did 16k. If you control the fight, there's barely any need for healing except for the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreey View Post
    Doesnt rejuv add a tick to the Debuff or is it just IF it's applied when the debuff is up?
    Also if this ^ is true I guess I know why LB on tank might work!
    It does add ONE stack if you pop it when the debuff is up, you can pre-hot everyone however without them gaining a stack.
    Having LB on the tank is what I did, refreshed it with nourish/regrowth and healing touch whenever the tank needed healing. I actually ended up with Healing Touch as my top healing on the fight since there's a lot of Purple to handle which means a lot of healing touch spam for my part.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for all advices.

I am going to be healing this soon with a H pally and i was wondering if he can beacon the tank and spam heals on a pet when purple is up and no one receives any stacks. Of course he will be topping up raid first but if its just the tank that needs huge heals will this work?

Yes, that will work for beacon. Placing lb and sm on a pet will allow replenishment and efflorescence to benefit the raid without creating stacks as well. Other than that, assign healing targets and use relatively big heals (rejuv + HT). No one should hit 5 stacks and explode. The tanks may need external cooldowns near the end of a purple phase.

Things that add stacks:
    Applying a hot: lifebloom, rejuv, wild growth
    Using a direct heal: HT, regrowth, nourish, swiftmend

Things that don't add stacks:
    Efflorescence