no signal to monitor

I got all of my components today and assembled everything but I'm not getting any signal on my monitor.

MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz 2x4GB
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 570
    HDD: HDD 1T|HITACHI HDS721010DLE630 R% - OEM
    PSU: Corsair CX600
    Case: NZXT M59-001BK M59
    SSD: SSD 60G|OCZ OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G R

I've connected to hdmi, the old school monitor thing, on the motherboard and hdmi on my GPU.

Can anyone suggest what needs to be done?

Deleted
    Hopefully you havent messed up ur GPU during assembly, its unlikley the cable you use will make a difference, try taking the GPU out and just using a DVI or VGA off your MoBo, not sure if your saying youve tried that or not? also its worth trying the GPU in a diff PC if u have one (the fan running on your GPU doesnt mean it isnt f$$ked btw)

Quote Originally Posted by ELiteabix View Post
    Hopefully you havent messed up ur GPU during assembly, its unlikley the cable you use will make a difference, try taking the GPU out and just using a DVI or VGA off your MoBo, not sure if your saying youve tried that or not? also its worth trying the GPU in a diff PC if u have one (the fan running on your GPU doesnt mean it isnt f$$ked btw)
    this worked. Are you telling me that my gpu is f'd or should i try putting it back in after i install windows?

Ok so i reinstalled the GPU and used it to connect to my monitor. hopefuly that means everything is good
    Last edited by Lifedragon99; 2011-12-15 at 12:25 AM.