Thread: Top PvPers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top PvPers

Does anyone know a good site to see the top pvp players, like most honorable kills/wins in a bg, including there gear, spec. plz and ty

Hmm.. I know this isn't exactly what your looking for, but try skill-capped.com=)
    Hope that helps.

twitch.tv

go to the cataclysm section and there is always a 2900 rated guy doing something there

the closest you're going to get would be arenajunkies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    I don't deny the fact that there are skilled players there, but their forums are a piece of shít. They basically tolerate any kind of behavior. People insult each others with whatever comes to their mind, for no reason. With a few exceptions, mostly a bunch of immature kids.

There's also outdated content on that site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, no one is going to track HKs/KBs/Deaths in BGs. This isn't Call of Duty. It's kind of a scrub thing to care about.

But as far as finding top players and their gear, the World of Warcraft site has all that information.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/

Feel free to look for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats.html

There's no kill tracking, but this site will tell you everything you want to know about gear/talents/whatever.

Deleted
    Used to use WoWranked for HKs but it has been down for a while. Using http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=12&r=&w= atm.

ArenaJunkies > Rankings

there is this dwarf rogue in EU with like 1,3 million HKs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Which might have been impressive if he played a class which actually requires some kind of thought process to acquire those kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Which might have been impressive if he played a class which actually requires some kind of thought process to acquire those kills.
    Any class is easy face roll if you know what you are doing and are good at it. Paladin? Easy rofl, DK? Spam much? Unless you are UH which takes a bit more skill< Warrior....come on now<Mage Faceroll, Lock DoTs for days+fear spam< Shammy Gl there bro < Hunter= Kite= Win ...I could go on but for the sake of being lazy...you get the picture

Edit: And yes i have played almost every class...except shammy because i don't really need to go on to what would be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Close to 1.5 million now

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 11:58 AM ----------

Are you kidding me? You think killing people in BG's requires kill? No, just time.

1) you don't even need to hit a person, just be within range of someone dying to get an HK 2) rogues do take skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    1) you don't even need to hit a person, just be within range of someone dying to get an HK 2) rogues do take skill
    1) I am aware of that, just takes a lot of time as has been said, 2) Hell no

Top PvP players atm
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/player/

And those ain't the ones with most HK's or shit like that.
    Last edited by Nest; 2011-12-16 at 11:18 AM.
    Hi

1) I am aware of that, just takes a lot of time as has been said, 2) Hell no
    Rogues are among the most skill dependent classes in the game, which anyone with a clue will tell you. You must be some bitter guy who gets killed by them regularly due to being too lazy to learn how to fight them. Sure, every class in the game is easy compared to something like Starcraft or Halo, but compared to other classes in the game, rogues pretty much have the highest skill cap, debatably with warlock and hunter. Mage was up there in the discussion too until this expansion, but now they have so many passive control tools that they take little effort to play well.

That said, stealth classes are a little more relaxing to do battlegrounds with than others, since you can pick your battles, so a rogue having the highest honor kills is no surprise. That has nothing to do with the class taking skill or no skill, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Honestly, no one is going to track HKs/KBs/Deaths in BGs. This isn't Call of Duty. It's kind of a scrub thing to care about.

But as far as finding top players and their gear, the World of Warcraft site has all that information.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/

Feel free to look for yourself.
    To answer the thread, this sums it up. Those links will show you all the top teams and rated battleground players, with armory links. You can just look at one per class really, since there are very few variations. However, take it with a grain of salt. Being cookie cutter is really not necessary, a good player will perform well with whatever he wants to play, and a bad player with a good spec will still be bad. Look at their specs as a reference for your own, but try to put some thought into it, unlike the mindless sheep who just copy paste the build and stats to their own character without even wondering why or considering if something else would be better for themselves.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2011-12-16 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Rogues are among the most skill dependent classes in the game, which anyone with a clue will tell you. You must be some bitter guy who gets killed by them regularly due to being too lazy to learn how to fight them. Sure, every class in the game is easy compared to something like Starcraft or Halo, but compared to other classes in the game, rogues pretty much have the highest skill cap, debatably with warlock and hunter. Mage was up there in the discussion too until this expansion, but now they have so many passive control tools that they take little effort to play well.

That said, stealth classes are a little more relaxing to do battlegrounds with than others, since you can pick your battles, so a rogue having the highest honor kills is no surprise. That has nothing to do with the class taking skill or no skill, though.
    This has nothing to do with being lazy or not. Not even with learn to play or whatever crap you can come up with to validate rogues as not being op. Whether you know what they can do or not, your chances of beating them with most classes are slim if not virtually non-existent. As such, the rogue skill cap is irrelevant as they don't even need it. Having a lot more tools than other classes not necessarily gives them a higher skill cap.

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    This website is horribly outdated and the forums are simply horrible. The posters there are straight up jerks. Anytime i've seen a question posted, half the replies are making fun of the OP, the other half are trashing each others responses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sure, every class in the game is easy compared to something like Starcraft or Halo,
    I'll ignore Starcraft because I'm no RTS god, but I like how you tried to slip Halo in there and hoped no one would notice. Halo is like the lowest skill FPS in the genre, people rag on CoD but Halo probably shouldn't even be counted in the genre. Actually maybe that's the trick here, if we compare Halo to other things in the "games for under-10 girls" genre I could see an argument for Halo over say Farmville or The Sims, but even then we have My Little Pony: Island Adventures which blows Halo out of the water again... sorry but no.

Also to be on topic for a second, rogues can take tons of skill: the end.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter