Thread: Beta Length

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beta Length

Hi there everyone,

I have my own assumptions on the duration of the closed and open beta phases of GW2, but was wondering if anyone had any truly reputable sources on the length they'll entail.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Officially I think it's something along the lines of "as long as is needed".

So same old same old

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Officially I think it's something along the lines of "as long as is needed".

So same old same old
    Figured as much >_< Saw someone mention here that they saw an A-Net dev talking about how the GW2 beta phases would not be like the usual ones of todays MMOs, and that each section would only last 1-2 weeks. Was just wondering if anyone else had any validity to put with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Figured as much >_< Saw someone mention here that they saw an A-Net dev talking about how the GW2 beta phases would not be like the usual ones of todays MMOs, and that each section would only last 1-2 weeks. Was just wondering if anyone else had any validity to put with that.
    Yeah I was thinking about that. It may be a misquote about how they will have a "short OPEN beta" before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my hubby were figuring at least a good 2-3 months. Or longer if needed.

I don't really mind, I don't want a buggy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post

Same here, except it's my buddies. Granted it can come out tomorrow, fully polished. I'm having withdrawls from it already.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account

This, minus the hubby part :P
    There are plenty of games right now to keep me occupied, LoL, replaying D2, Skyrim, and SW:ToR, to name the big ones taking up my time. Please take your time ANet and give us a great mmo.

a good to 2-3 months at least, the more the better, but not too long, i still want the game to come out.

All valid points, guess I just got a little excited. Anyway, BACK TO SKYRIM!

All valid points, guess I just got a little excited. Anyway, BACK TO SKYRIM!
    There's no such thing as getting too excited! We've been waiting so long to hear for the 8th profession and for close beta, both of them within 48 hours of each other is something to throw a party for!!

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    There's no such thing as getting too excited! We've been waiting so long to hear for the 8th profession and for close beta, both of them within 48 hours of each other is something to throw a party for!!
    both of them within 48 hours of each other is something to throw a party for!!
    something to throw a party for!!
    party
    LAN Party anyone? I'll buy the first round of Mountain Dew.

I'm expecting this beta phase to be 1-2 months, then 1-2 of a more public signup beta, then maybe 1 week of open beta and launching in May? June? Gotta figure there has to be some form of large public testing to stress/balance WvW and the server prior to launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    LAN Party anyone?
    We can hold it in ArenaNet's carpark, all we'd have to do then is figure out a clever MacGyver way to get our ethernet cable into their router.
    Hmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    We can hold it in ArenaNet's carpark, all we'd have to do then is figure out a clever MacGyver way to get our ethernet cable into their router.
    Hmm......
    Have an elementalist throw down Static Field, get an archer to attach the ethernet cable to an arrow, then Spread Shot it through the barrier into Colin's office window.

wait...

Have an elementalist throw down Static Field, get an archer to attach the ethernet cable to an arrow, then Spread Shot it through the barrier into Colin's office window.

wait...
    What about if we just punt an asura thief into collins office?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just hateful

...I like the way you think.

inb4 gnome punting jokes

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months is my guess. But I don't want in the beta :/ Even though I would test it hardcore, I will still see it as a part demo, part test. It will ruin my first impression, which I want to have with my best friend at day 1. We will be sitting beside each other, downloading it at the same time, making our two brother characters at the same time and level together all the way to level 80!

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    2 months is my guess. But I don't want in the beta :/ Even though I would test it hardcore, I will still see it as a part demo, part test. It will ruin my first impression, which I want to have with my best friend at day 1. We will be sitting beside each other, downloading it at the same time, making our two brother characters at the same time and level together all the way to level 80!
    That's an interesting concept in and of itself. What if we could request to have certain relationships with characters that could influence our personal story? Whether it be blood relation (brothers, daughters, parents, cousins) or marriage. Could be an interesting point to touch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    so don't play the race/class you want to play with your friend.

When i get open beta, i'll be playing something like a human thief, or asura mesmer. I won't be touching sylvari or guardian, until release.