Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

So I'm A Clicker!!

Hi, my name is Pyroadi, and I am a clicker

Anyone else feel they should be a masher but cant make the switch?

And has anyone got tips on how to switch? as am finding it impossible.

Or are there any Locks completely happy being a clicker?
    Last edited by pyroadi; 2011-12-15 at 02:49 AM. Reason: fun idea from a post.

One spell at a time. No one who was a clicker just rebound every spell they had and all of a sudden was amazing at it. It takes time for the bindings you chose to be learned muscle memory. just do it bit by bit, and before you know it you wont believe you ever used to click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I bound everything and started PvPing. It wasn't LIGHTNING fast, but it happened fairly quickly imo, I learned my keybinds and to move with my mouse. Also, it would have been so much cooler if you started the thread "Hi, my name is Pyroadi, and I am a clicker" :P

Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    One spell at a time. No one who was a clicker just rebound every spell they had and all of a sudden was amazing at it. It takes time for the bindings you chose to be learned muscle memory. just do it bit by bit, and before you know it you wont believe you ever used to click.
    Well no, but that's the best way to do it, bind everything and do some dungeons with hitting your keys in mind. I like to bind things across different classes that are similar. Like Q is always a defense CD, G is always my interrupt.

Trouble is I started gaming in the late 70's early 80's - thats a long time clicking.

I set all the alternate keybindings to my numberpad when I first started playing WOW because it felt more natural... its caused me some grief in PVP at times, but I've gotten pretty fast at switching my hand between my mouse and numberpad, and using the default keybindings or clicking when needed. I know that its not optimal, but its what works for me. I say, click away if that's what works
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    that is a moment where even /headdesk does not quite cut it. i promptly proceeded to /bodywall.

I actually think my output is ok, but I know there are times when I guess being a masher would be better..

My lock is Huulzaar on EU-Auchindoun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to learn is through experience. Back when I was an avid PvPer, I would always change up my keybinds in an attempt to find the best set-up. After a few awkward BGs, I'd usually have the hang of them.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Deleted
    Don't try to bind everything at once, 1-2 keybinds at a time and when you are comfortable with those add more, that's how I switched and I never looked back. The first keybinds I used were mousewheel up and down + both with shift.
    Then I bound Q+E+R+F, T+G are nice too.
    And just btw my brother is a clicker and played arena at 2700 rating, so it's not impossible to be good as a clicker...

I was a clicker on my hunter because hunters are herp-derp easy to do extremely high amounts of dps.

When i swapped to my warlock, I was like, "oh $%^#!". Way more buttons to press and everything. I bound every single spell I needed to a key that felt right. Then I spent like a total of 4-5 hours between my Wed raid and Sunday raid and just practiced. It still took me like 2 weeks to get it perfect, but clicking just doesnt cut it for warlocks....in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    I did xD I got sick and tired of being a clicker.. made all my buttons on screen small, keybound em, and GO...
    Then again, the first thing i would do i keybind your main 2 nukes to mouswheel up and down.
    Getting rid of Q-E for strafe, rebind to A-D, bind something usefull to Q-E.
    Go from there Thats your 4 main spells (+ 1-2-3-4 ) within fingers reach you now no longer click.
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I'd recommend getting a naga, that's 12 buttons within the reach of your thumb! (Not sure if it's good if you have big hands)

It's all about muscle memory so bound all your spells you use in your rotation and keep practicing in a training dummy or better yet in BG's, i doubt anyone will complain you doing bad dps. Just make sure that your main spells are easy and comfortable to reach.

Everyone says clicking is slower, and while I agree I just honestly don't see that big of a difference. I can dps/heal/pvp just as well as the next guy.

Im a clicker and I love itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Honestly, I bound everything and started PvPing. It wasn't LIGHTNING fast, but it happened fairly quickly imo, I learned my keybinds and to move with my mouse. Also, it would have been so much cooler if you started the thread "Hi, my name is Pyroadi, and I am a clicker" :P
    I'm with this guy, bind everything and hide your bars if you have to keep yourself from not clicking.

i am a clicker too!

but honestly, only for mounting my various dragons

G13 for the win

Clicking loses a lot of your perception of in game events cause your trying to aim your mouse at your spells. It is also slower on reaction time of crucial things like interrupts. My advice for someone starting is just keybind 1-3 spells at a time, once you are used to using them, add more until all the spells you want bound are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Hi, my name is Pyroadi, and I am a clicker

Anyone else feel they should be a masher but cant make the switch?

And has anyone got tips on how to switch? as am finding it impossible.

Or are there any Locks completely happy being a clicker?
    If you want to switch, as others have suggested, you could do it bit by bit. Start off by binding a few extra keys (if you click Everything then start using just the normal numbers. Then as you get more used to using the buttons, bind a bit more e.g. shift 1-4 and keep going from there. Find what buttons work for you. I only recently bound near all my spells, I used to click things like CD's as I didn't want to press them by mistake.

Personally the hardest thing for me at the moment is progressing to using the mouse for turning. I would love to have Q and E bound to spells and A and D to strafe, but I just can't get out of the mentality of using them to turn. Maybe when I use my mouse less because of my keybindings I can progress there.