New Priest Spell?

Had a random idea for a new priest spell...
    ii------------------------------------------
    |iiiiiSoul Shieldiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|
    |17% base manaiiiiiiii iiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiii35 yard range|
    |Instantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|
    |iiShields the target for 1224 every 3 seciiii ii|
    |iifor 12 sec.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|
    ii------------------------------------------

I remember somewhere in a blue post that Renew might be Holy only; this would be disc only. Similar to earth shield, but shorter duration could possibly stack on itself twice...

Anyways, just an idea. Constructive comments, or if you think this is useless say so =) I don't mind criticism. Positive or negative, gimme some feedback.

Spirit Shell is the new Priest spell, Discipline based. It looks to be replacing Heal.

Beyond that, I want to see the game go Alpha before we figure out what's actually happening with our trees.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Can Soul Shield PLEASE have a James Brown sound effect when cast?

I realize that this is like the MoP Holy shield ability, and that it is very like Earth Shield...
    However, I believe that it can be a cool niche ability for disc priests and it seems to fit perfectly into the idea that disc is about preventing damage, holy is about healing through damage....

What we need now too is a Prayer of Shielding. Actually, wait, i think trolling is a bannable offense here.

Look, disc and holy aren't supposed to have identical spells. They're MEANT to play differently. What you've done here is copy the Renew tooltip and replace the effect with an absorb. No thanks!

From what little info we have, it seems like Spirit Shell might be the first base heal since cata that people actually wind up using. It's pre-castable, and has two chances to not overheal. Pretty damn good. Also oddly enough the same job Holy uses Renew for (effic and precast)
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-01-21 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Shell is going to be awesome. I feel like the heal effect will jsut be overhealing though.