Thumbs down What's happening??

Hey guys,

I have this build:

Motherboard - P7H55-M
    http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...t_1156/P7H55M/

HD - Seagate 7.200 2T

Memory - 2x4g Kingston KVR1333DN9

PSU - http://www.pixxo.com.br/site/produto...produto_id=130 200W

Monitor - http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40D6500VFXZA?

Currently i'm using this processor ( Intel Core i3-560 Clarkdale 3.33GHz LGA 1156) and everything works fine.
    When i try to put another processor that i have ( Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W) the PC starts but nothing appears on screen, tried already with VGA and HDMI. Any toughts?

Searching a bit i found this: http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/H55_H57_CPU_Support/

This could be the problem, the I5 not having Intel HD graphics ?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Your PSU ran out of juice. 200W is pretty weak.

It still working, when i put my i3 back everything works fine.. and like i said, when i put the i5 the pc turns on, just dont display anything

Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    It still working, when i put my i3 back everything works fine.. and like i said, when i put the i5 the pc turns on, just dont display anything
    When I plug in the nightlight the outlet works fine, but when I plug in the electric lawnmower it doesn't work!

It works fine with the other because there's plenty of juice for the weaker processor. When the other needs more power, it can't keep up.

a 200W powr supply probably can't handle the increase from the i3 to the i5

It's the PSU, 200W is really really really weaksauce. It always pays getting a good PSU though - you can reuse it in your future builds

Deleted
    PSU's have overload protection and new processor overloads PSU.

If you're using the the video connections on that motherboard they use the integrated graphics on the CPU, which the i5-760 doesn't have. An i5-660 should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    200 watts? Really? I wouldn't use that for ANYTHING. Get atleast 500watt, even if its for something simple. Don't skimp on PSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I own a bass amplifier that has a greater power draw than 200 watts...

Quote Originally Posted by Coogles View Post
    If you're using the the video connections on that motherboard they use the integrated graphics on the CPU, which the i5-760 doesn't have. An i5-660 should work.
    So you saying that even if i change my PSU it'll still not work? Cause the integrated graphics that the I5-760 dont have?

Btw guys, i changed the PSU by another one 600w xfx... now please i know some of you have good intentions but to other ones i know that 200w is low and bla bla bla.. IT WORKS, IT TURN ON with this PSU. This PC is just to watch video on a TV. So 200w is ENOUGH.

Deleted
    Your PC wont even boot with new and stronger PSU due to i5 not having integrated GPU inside, while i3 has it. Meaning you need to buy new GPU. Here is a list with some low consumption GPU from recent test i stumbled upon: Test.

Test on that image was conducted using i5 2500k, 4gb ddr3, asus p8p67-m pro and wd black 1tb.

My thoughts on PSU, if its not good brand: seasoneic, antec, xfx, fortron (fcs elite group), Get a new one. Anything above 200w from brands mentioned should do the trick. If you plan on upgrading to a stronger GPU, get something along the lines of seasonic 430 or xfx 450.

Quote Originally Posted by darkydark View Post
    Your PC wont even boot with new and stronger PSU due to i5 not having integrated GPU inside, while i3 has it. Meaning you need to buy new GPU. Here is a list with some low consumption GPU from recent test i stumbled upon: Test.

Test on that image was conducted using i5 2500k, 4gb ddr3, asus p8p67-m pro and wd black 1tb.

My thoughts on PSU, if its not good brand: seasoneic, antec, xfx, fortron (fcs elite group), Get a new one. Anything above 200w from brands mentioned should do the trick. If you plan on upgrading to a stronger GPU, get something along the lines of seasonic 430 or xfx 450.
    Thanks man, now i know what to do.. better then " OMFG I HAZ A MOUSE THE CONSUME MOAR THEN YOU PSU"

Deleted
    Thanks man, now i know what to do.. better then " OMFG I HAZ A MOUSE THE CONSUME MOAR THEN YOU PSU"
    Just to understand how much 430w really is: i5 760 2.8 overclocked to 3.8, GTX 460 1gb, overclocked to 900/2000, 2x 500gb wd blue, 6x12cm vents. Maximum i used was around 380ish w. Tested at power outlet with 0.8 efficiency in mind and proven by tests. and that was during occt for gpu + intel burn test + 100gb of data copy from one hdd to another. Meaning stress testing that wont be reached when gaming or any sort of multimedia use, even if you'r rendering and gaming together. It ridiculous to me how are people tossing out numbers like 700+w for mid range i5/gtx560 based computers.
    Last edited by mmocc5232d2c51; 2011-12-16 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are doing the best they can to try and help you with the limited information you provide and this is how you respond? I have some sound advice for you to use in the future. Do not seek guidance on a forum if you can't handle the first thing said not being the solution. You made yourself look like a real class act.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    People are doing the best they can to try and help you with the limited information you provide and this is how you respond? I have some sound advice for you to use in the future. Do not seek guidance on a forum if you can't handle the first thing said not being the solution. You made yourself look like a real class act.
    Limited information?? I gave all information needed and no, some people not doing the best or even doing anything to help. Stop trying to troll like some of here did.
    If you get any PSU calculator u'll see that my machine will use at max with 90% consuption 180w.

I jus made yourself look like a real fool right now.

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkydark View Post
    Just to understand how much 430w really is: i5 760 2.8 overclocked to 3.8, GTX 460 1gb, overclocked to 900/2000, 2x 500gb wd blue, 6x12cm vents. Maximum i used was around 380ish w. Tested at power outlet with 0.8 efficiency in mind and proven by tests. and that was during occt for gpu + intel burn test + 100gb of data copy from one hdd to another. Meaning stress testing that wont be reached when gaming or any sort of multimedia use, even if you'r rendering and gaming together. It ridiculous to me how are people tossing out numbers like 700+w for mid range i5/gtx560 based computers.
    Yeah i know, for myself i have i7 2600k @ 4.2 + gtx 560 ti OC + 4 x 2T SEAGATE + 932 HAF.. and i use 550w and it is MORE then enough.

So, or i just get a intel processor with the video integrated GPU inside or i get an off-board GPU and a stronger PSU to handle it right?

15+ Year Old Account
    if you're just using this to watch videos on the tv why did you buy a new proecssor?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    if you're just using this to watch videos on the tv why did you buy a new proecssor?
    Cause i had the I5 already

Deleted
    Thats why i gave you the link with nice picture about system power consumption. If you buy a low power consumption card, you wont need new psu. Things like AMD 6450, or nvidia gt220, gt520, should do the trick without the need for the new psu.

Limited information?? I gave all information needed and no, some people not doing the best or even doing anything to help. Stop trying to troll like some of here did.
    If you get any PSU calculator u'll see that my machine will use at max with 90% consuption 180w.
    Since the issue has been stated a bunch: I'll just point out that 90% consumption is a good way to burn out a PSU in the long term. Generally you leave a 30% window when purchasing a PSU (With no intents of upgrading, which you obviously had).