Thread: RAID0 Error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Figures.... The one time I risk anything ... is the one time it goes wrong 8-)

I had the same error with one of my Raid0 drives for 6 months with no other issues. One day i decided to try to fix it. Entered the config menu during boot (ctrl-i) and fixed it so easily i do not even remember exactly how.

3 months later i reinstalled windows because a virus had disabled my anti-virus, and at some point during installing drivers, it corrupted the expected label/name of one of the drives (2-3 extra characters at the end of the label/name, a 8+ month old known issue on intel forums with no fix), and i lost everything on that raid.
    Last edited by openair; 2011-12-16 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    And the OP is running striped RAID0.
    Hence I said "Striped/Parity", perhaps I should have said "Striped+Parity", which would be RAID2-6 depending on dedicated or duplication parity and byte vs block striping.

RAID0 would be largely unaffected by rebuilding the array in something as simple as an onboard Intel controller as there is no need to initialize a RAID0 setup. It would only become an issue if you changed a drive which is obvious, or if the drive itself is not working at all. But since RAID0 is not matching parity bits and it's block size dependent it won't matter.

In any case, backing up before doing something like that would be an obvious first step.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, Just deleted the RAID configuration, remade it with the same name.
    Had to put in the Win7 disc and run startup repair but all my stuff is still here.

I did get a lot of warnings saying DATA will be lost... but other than that... no issues.
    IRST:

Will have to check tomorrow if everything is still working fine.

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 11:28 PM ----------

Ok, machine has been on most of the day, running scans etc... and no "errors"

However things do seem to be running slower (although can't tell in the case of WoW weather thats just becuase of the slower internet connection)