Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Single tanking Madness of Deathwing

We are trying to single warrior tank / 2 heal DWMadness. One difficulty is that we get the impales between 2:30 and 3 mins apart. So dream on 1st (green), SW+ 2nd (red), trouble is on our logs we get the next platform impale between 2:30 - 3 mins, which is obviously a bit harsh on SW cd. If it is 3 mins then ok , but then we have the next platform with possibly the same issue.

I am interested in what different ways ppl are doing to get round these timings? Healers are 2/3 - Shammy, Holy priest, Holy Pala.

Thx

Deleted
    Get your holy priest to guardian spirit you.

Does Guardian Spirit take impale debuff?

How are you going to handle the last two adds?

Deleted
    my guild use 1 tank 3 healers. we start at Alexstrasza's platform because 20% hp isnt that good. then our tank can use dream for the first and second platform, we used hand of sacrifice + a trinket or another little cooldown for 3rd platform. Guardian Spirit and other big cooldowns for 4th platform.
    Phase 2 is pretty easy to keep tank alive if your tank remember to go inside the big bubble and use hes dream and other cooldowns. (he forgot that in our first kill but it was only 2nd time we was in that phase so think its okay) sorry for my bad english and hope this can help you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_DhTew7a4

If your DPS is competent, they are not using damage increasing modifiers on the limp/aka DW in phase 1, but rather the big tentacle in the back to only allow one impale to go through pr platform.
    You could also keep "the dream"-damage reduction ability until the 3rd platform to save guardian spirit etc for the 2nd impale on the 4th platform, since you are most likely forced to eat double impale due to raid having to move away/DPS the elementium bolt.
    As a protection warrior its slightly harder to handle phase 2 adds, since we normally in our alt run utilitize a prot paladin' ardent defender + bubble /w cancelaura macro to clear the stacks. I guess you can use a soulstone or another guardian spirit, and challenging shout asap.

Best of luck.

Deleted
    We're using 1 tank (feral) and 3 healers (Rdruid,disco and Hpala) And we manage just fine, our kill order is Green > red > orange > blue. With 1 impale each platform. Really find this the best order to kill them, green first because.. Well Green isnt really needed at all >.< Then the red one since we can just single target the small tentacles down and 20% hp isnt really necessary. We choose orange after that because we want the damage increase from blue since we're only using 1 tank and 2 impale will be bad D: And well obviously after that we just kill blue we always make sure the tentacle is dead when the elementium bolt spawn, so we all can stack up far away from it and use bubble ^-^ If it happens to still be alive we just let the tank stay there and use Pain sup on him and we're fine :3

Hope this helps abit ^^ I really think this is the best tactic for us atleast (1tank 3 healers 6deepz) Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex View Post
    We are trying to single warrior tank / 2 heal DWMadness. One difficulty is that we get the impales between 2:30 and 3 mins apart. So dream on 1st (green), SW+ 2nd (red), trouble is on our logs we get the next platform impale between 2:30 - 3 mins, which is obviously a bit harsh on SW cd. If it is 3 mins then ok , but then we have the next platform with possibly the same issue.

I am interested in what different ways ppl are doing to get round these timings? Healers are 2/3 - Shammy, Holy priest, Holy Pala.

Thx
    We just downed this on 10m using 1 Prot Paly, 2 healers (Holy Paly, Resto Druid). The tank used Dream to survive the first platforms impale, hand of protection on 2nd, 3rd and 4th, rotated between the prot paly and holy paly. On a few attempts it wasn't back up on the 4th platform and the tank blew his normal cooldowns and the holy paly used hand of sac.

DPS was solid enough to burn down the tentacles before we had to switch to the elementium bolts, even if by only a handful of seconds.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Edit:
    We did Green > Red > Yellow > Blue
    This order was chosen to ease up on the healing requirement, as the blue gives a big damage boost, yellow gives a damage boost and slows the elementium bolts so they don't explode, red destroys the blisterings, green is a healing boost, but affects healing the least throughout the fight.

If he plays like a champ he could kite the two big adds and most likely only deal with them once.

As for the impales, you should have shield wall up on every platform for it. Also you can have your paladin's use hand of sacrifice to take another big chunk of dmg off the impales, priests guardian spirit will be up for almost every platform too. Use the tools given to the raid, not just your personal ones.

i don't remember quite well what i did on ptr but i got a pug that did it with 1 tank... yes i know it was severely undertuned there but mechanics suggest 1 tank+cooldowns

We. One tank 2 heal is every week and go green red blue bronze and one shot it I being the warrior tank use dream on tentacle one tentacle two use shiel wall tentacle three use shield wall tentacle four use shield wall and we used to have two impaled on the fourth so we used to bop me than quickie freedom (don't do this anymore as our dps finally stopped being dookie)

Deleted
    We haven't done single tank yet, but I would taunt off as the hpally 1 sec before the impale and divine protection and taunt of after the impale. Should be enough to take the impale. If not first impale use one tank cd and second impale HoS and tank cooldowns.

Keep in mind when you HoS to heal the hpally up as quickly as you can since the next tentacle hit would most likely kill you

Adds in the last phase we just blow them up and usually only have one set I do dream than shield wall than pally sac and they are dead pally usually doesn't even have to sac it's extremely easy if your not bad and manage cooldowns right and your healers are good

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi! My 10man guild has been struggling with Madness, we just had a ranged dps leave for SW:ToR so we've been pugging a ranged every week which hasn't helped.

We tried 1 tank 3 heals, which seemed to be ok despite our tank still sometimes dying to an impale (usually the hit after). Not really excusable with 3 heals; however, when we made it to p2 he seemed to be getting rocked by the adds Tetanus debuff even if he tanked them in the time-slow area Nozdormu throws down. We would usually go G/Y/R/B with this setup.

We were going to try 2 tanks 2 heals tomorrow, going G/R/Y/B to help ease the healing, but I see a lot of people saying they are 1 tank/2 healing this. We have a prot pally and disc/holy priests/holy pally. Would a bubble taunt macro be enough to drop his stacks? Can you have a ranged taunt one of the adds towards it while the dps zergs one then the other? Any help would be great, would love to get him down before Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Would a bubble taunt macro be enough to drop his stacks?
    Our paly uses a macro to cancelaura his bubble and then taunts it back.

Deleted
    It's very easy...

Shieldwall is up for every impale? However since you lose 20% hp once you kill red to be save you might want to use some other cooldown either last stance or maybe a painsuppression with your own shieldwall.

With 2 healers and one tank your dps has to be mentally retarded to not kill the tentacle on time (we always go Green > Red > Yellow > Blue), We lust on the pull (you can lust again in P2). When it comes to P2 our Deathknight takes one of those adds and uses AMS and things. Mine get's burned down, my stack drops and i take the other one after that.

After that it's just Nuke boss, maybe the little schrapnel tentacles spawn but we ignore those and just use dream while nuking his face down. All in all very easily one tanked.

Obivous pointer: Keep demoshout up, 10% damage reduction on the impale right there.

Green Platform = Dream + Shield Wall
    Red Platform = Shield Wall
    Yellow Platform = Shield Wall & Painsuppression
    Blue Platform = Shield Wall & Rallying Cry (Yes, 10% less then last stand but hey, who knows your raid might like you!)

Sometimes we use the Fury warrior's cry on the Yellow Platform depending on what healers/dps we're running with.
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2011-12-22 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Hi! My 10man guild has been struggling with Madness, we just had a ranged dps leave for SW:ToR so we've been pugging a ranged every week which hasn't helped.

We tried 1 tank 3 heals, which seemed to be ok despite our tank still sometimes dying to an impale (usually the hit after). Not really excusable with 3 heals; however, when we made it to p2 he seemed to be getting rocked by the adds Tetanus debuff even if he tanked them in the time-slow area Nozdormu throws down. We would usually go G/Y/R/B with this setup.

We were going to try 2 tanks 2 heals tomorrow, going G/R/Y/B to help ease the healing, but I see a lot of people saying they are 1 tank/2 healing this. We have a prot pally and disc/holy priests/holy pally. Would a bubble taunt macro be enough to drop his stacks? Can you have a ranged taunt one of the adds towards it while the dps zergs one then the other? Any help would be great, would love to get him down before Christmas!
    Do you have a hpally or some other class that can taunt off?
    We usually ping pong one of the big adds between the tank and me(hpally). With the green Dream on the hpally can even take several hits.
    Zerg the tanks add down first and ping pong the other

IF you are one tanking, that means you either have 3 healers (6 dps) or 2 healers (7 dps). Either way, this method is for burning. No excuse the Mutated Corruption should be alive long enough to do a 2nd impale (maybe first platform, but you will have dream). If the Mutated Corruption is getting 2nd impale off on every platform, your dps isn't focusing it, and trying to pad meters, either by not switching immediately or multi-dotting. They need to focus the Mutated Corruption down BEFORE the Elementium Meteor lands. If you cant get past this part, phase 2 will be an absolute nightmare (due to lack of dps).

Our 10-man guild used 1 tank, 3 healers, and 6 dps. Our platform order is Red>Green>Yellow>Blue. He never takes a 2nd impale. In phase 2 we hero, put as much deeps as we can on DW before we have to switch to the first set of Elementium Fragments and the 2 Elementium Terrors. Our tank usually dies after the 2 Elementium Terrors (due to high stacks of Tetanus) but at that point its no issue. We focus DW from here and ignore the Elemntium Fragments, just use Dream if they target us. DW is dead just as, or before the 2nd wave of Elementium Terrors spawn.

1 tanking is more about DPS than anything else.

Deleted
    We roll with 1 tank (paladin/DK), 2 healers (druid + shaman/priest/paladin) and 7 dps. The real struggle for us is getting the first tentacle down before the meteor wipes us (we have no idea why... this should be our highest dps tentacle with all buffs up), make sure that DPS are using cooldowns on the tentacles.

We do an extremely strange order too. (Green>yellow>blue>red)
    Green, yellow and blue only using personal cooldowns.
    We bloodlust to kill the red tentacle.

Such a strange order but we 1 shot it every week with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice, we do have a Holy Pally and we will try to ping pong and /cancelaura bubble taunting to deal with the adds in p2. A lot of the strategies for dealing with impale should help as well, hopefully we get him down tonight