Deleted

Crafting lighsabers?

I doublechecked the crafting-threads but found no information about crafting lightsabers .. is it not possible? (lorewise?)

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    It is possible to craft lightsabers, in fact[SPOILER], jedi characters craft their lightsabers around level 10.

There is also a crew member skill ingame wich is used to craft lightsabers.

It's not something you craft, as in a craft skill. But it is part of your class quest right around level 10 - Jedi create their own through story. But that's a one-time thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    It is possible to craft lightsabers, in fact[SPOILER], jedi characters craft their lightsabers around level 10.

There is also a crew member skill ingame wich is used to craft lightsabers.
    I found none .. which is it? Artifice is only for the hilts.

And my "(lorewise?)" is just a idea why it could not be possible.

So..do bosses drop them tho?

Deleted
    ahhhh!

No i think i got it .. you always keep your lightsaber .. but it is some kind of an empty hull.. and the hilt is the "real" item.. its not like a colorcrystal or a modifikation for your armor.. it is the main part of the saber.

right?

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlayne View Post
    But that is only for skilllevel 400 .. there is none for levels below..

You can craft them, but wont be able to until near the end of your leveling.

Lt. Commander United States Navy Chaplain Corps Retired

Deleted
    I just got it.. my suggestion was right .. for normal progression you keep the lightsaber you got at arround level 10 .. but with changing the hilt (crafted via artifice) you change the whole item, including the level needed etc.

Lightsabers will be available throughout the game - quest rewards, purchase on vendors, boss drops, etc. Some will be "as is" - ie you can't change them, and some will be mod-able, like the first one you get.

If the light saber can be modified, you can change the crystal, hilt, enhancement, and one other slot I can't remember what it's called atm. All of the modification pieces can either be bought (enhancements and the one I can't remember the name of) or made through Artifice (crystals and hilts). The modifications are the reason you can keep your first saber through the end of the game, they are the stats on the lightsaber and by upgrading them, the ilvl of the lightsaber goes up.