Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Music] Lana Del Rey

Born to Die - Single and Album

US Album: Jan 31
    US Single: Jan 10

UK Album: Jan 30
    UK Single: Jan 23

Discussion thread for my most anticipated artist of 2012–Miss Del Rey.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2011-12-16 at 09:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't agree more. She's my OBSESSION. Most excited I've been about music in a while. Typically, I really dislike the 'indie'-type sound of music. She's definetly the exception. Would be awesome to see if there were more wow players who were fans.

I love almost every song of hers that I've heard. She's so special!

*Secretly hoping for the album to leak*

Also, the Born to Die video... ZOMG. Ending gave me goosebumps, it leaves with such a stunning image. WTB studio version of the version with filthy lyrics!
    Last edited by Lillah; 2011-12-16 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Sounds allright.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I recently came across 'Blue Jeans' and fell in love with her almost immediately.
    Last edited by tnykng; 2011-12-18 at 03:36 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tnykng View Post
    I recently came across 'Blue Jeans' and fell in love with her almost immediately.
    A lot of people seem to favor video games, Blue Jeans got my attention more too.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    A lot of people seem to favor video games, Blue Jeans got my attention more too.
    I've noticed this too. I definitely prefer Blue Jeans and Born to Die over Videogames–not that Videogames is bad though.

Deleted
    -What about the fact that her daddy is a super rich millionaire CEO investor that actually PAID for her record deal?

-What about the fact that she lied for ages about growing up "poor" for her image when her family is actually one of the richest families in America?

-And also what about her having tons and tons of botox and plastic surgery when she's only in her twenties?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh. My. God.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    -What about the fact that her daddy is a super rich millionaire CEO investor that actually PAID for her record deal?

-What about the fact that she lied for ages about growing up "poor" for her image when her family is actually one of the richest families in America?

-And also what about her having tons and tons of botox and plastic surgery when she's only in her twenties?
    -Is there any proof that she's indeed that rich? Whether it's true or not, her music makes me not care. And I'm just glad I get to listen and enjoy her music.
    -I don't recall her actually talking about growing up poor. Just something about after moving out living in a trailer park or something. With that said, image is everything when you're a celebrity. I don't care, she deserves success. (Just like many people)
    -I actually kinda like the fact that her lips are so fake. I agree she doesn't need it but... /care. Her music is so good I can look past it and not care. The fake lips go with her image.
    Last edited by Lillah; 2011-12-20 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

10+ Year Old Account
    She's good Haven't heard much from her, but I like what I have heard.

The band/artist I adore the most recently is Foster the People. Songs like "Houdini", "Pumped Up Kicks" and "Call It What You Want" have rocked my world for some months now ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    -Whether it's true or not, her music makes me not care. And I'm just glad I get to listen and enjoy her music.
    -Her music is so good I can look past it and not care.
    Her music? lol

You do realize that she's known for having one of the largest teams in music history before even being signed or famous because her daddy pays them all handsomely. Her songs are all written for her, her voice is heavily edited in studio, and she has image consultants that notoriously spin stories for her. Apparently she isn't even allowed to say anything on her own unless her massive team approves it.

Everything from her songs, to her image, to her fucking body is fake and was paid for her by her daddy. There is no artistry here, she is the epitome of fake and everything that's wrong with the music industry.

There are good songwriters and musicians out there who never get a chance because their dads can't buy them record deals and there are lots of better musicians that don't get recognition such as Dallas Green and Bon Iver merely because they don't get their lips injected with botox.

Deleted

What about it? This is about her music. I don't give a damn if she slept (as in zzz-sleep, not the other kind) her way to a record deal, earned billions by betting on horses or injected her lips with liquid gold. I care about the music I hear. It sounds good to me. The rest is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her music? lol

You do realize that she's known for having one of the largest teams in music history before even being signed or famous because her daddy pays them all handsomely. Her songs are all written for her, her voice is heavily edited in studio, and she has image consultants that notoriously spin stories for her. Apparently she isn't even allowed to say anything on her own unless her massive team approves it.

Everything from her songs, to her image, to her fucking body is fake and was paid for her by her daddy. There is no artistry here, she is the epitome of fake and everything that's wrong with the music industry.

There are good songwriters and musicians out there who never get a chance because their dads can't buy them record deals and there are lots of better musicians that don't get recognition such as Dallas Green and Bon Iver merely because they don't get their lips injected with botox.
    So? Sounds nice, and that's all that really matters in music. I really don't care about anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What about it? This is about her music. I don't give a damn if she slept (as in zzz-sleep, not the other kind) her way to a record deal, earned billions by betting on horses or injected her lips with liquid gold. I care about the music I hear. It sounds good to me. The rest is irrelevant.
    Songs that she didn't write the lyrics, instrumentals or arrangement to and that are heavily vocally studio edited? Sure.

She's up there with T-Pain, Flo Rida and Pitbull for me. Thankfully she's already getting tons of shit before she's even famous so she'll never be respected as an artist. Good good. :P

Deleted
    Songs that she didn't write the lyrics, instrumentals or arrangement to and that are heavily vocally studio edited?
    I still don't see how this is relevant? A lot of people only judge an artist by what they hear, not what goes on behind the scenes. A lot also do not care. So, again, what does this have to do with the music?

Her music? lol

It is just so nice when people take rumors and run with them isn't it? Half of the things you are saying you just seem to be pulling from nowhere, other than a string of assumptions. You have no proof that her father has funded any of her projects. You are assuming that because he is rich, so is she. She's moved out, it is perfectly plausible if she wanted to be financially independent–or at least partially. You have no proof that she has a giant team of writers who writes her songs or a giant team of PR consultants. She is listed as a writer on everyone of her released songs. Also, her voice sounds fantastic live–so I doubt her voice is heavily edited in the studio at all.

Her music style and aesthetic and been the same long before she was signed to any major record label, so I honestly doubt that big money is behind either. Why don't you come back with some legitimate proof, instead of overblown rumors about her lips and how her father is a domain investor? Or are you too insecure to appreciate a musician for their music rather than their commercial success or image?

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 05:15 PM ----------

Yea she sounds terrible live... her voice is so fake....

Why don't you go discuss music you do like, instead of posting hateful rumors in this thread? It's not always about bringing others down.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2011-12-20 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    I love her music as much as I love her legs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Searsha summed it up very well. Have something to back up your accusations or don't even bother.
    If what you're saying does happen to be true, It would be disappointing of course but it definetly wouldn't stop me from enjoying her music.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

On a different note, I love how parts of Off to the Races sound rather hip hop-ish (in contrast to her other work).
    Last edited by Searsha; 2011-12-20 at 06:34 PM.