10+ Year Old Account

Madness of Deathwing Destro Help

I've only gotten to attempt this boss in LFR so far, but since the fight is pretty long, we decided to pop lust at the beginning and have it back up at the end. With lust and a proc or 2, my CBs and Incinerates were WAY under 1 sec (about 0.6 cast time if I remember correctly). However, my Soul Fire was at 1.2 sec casts. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to use Soul Fire as a filler in those types of situations?

Would still be using Immo/Conflag/Corruption/BoD, but was thinking this would be a dps boost since you lose so much time with the 0.6 second casts.

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing the other night. I would imagine that under the effects of both Lust and the bronze buff it's a benefit to cast Soul Fire as a filler, but only under that situation.

I think Incinerate's and Soul Fire's DPE is almost the same, Soul Fire bit higher. I'd say Soul Fire isn't 20% stronger and not worth it.

In short no, Incinerate will be better. In the duration you'd get out more incin's than you would SF's and therefore more damage.

Also Bane of Havoc it up on maddness.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post
    In short no, Incinerate will be better. In the duration you'd get out more incin's than you would SF's and therefore more damage.

Your 100% positive abbout this? This does not sound right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post

I wouldn't say completely bane it up, always be aware of the health of the arm/wing/claw/whatever part of Deathwing you put it on. Don't want to do too much dps to it or it'll cause problems with your raid by having the small tentacles spawn at the worst time.

I say this as a caution, I haven't touched destro since 4.1, nor have I seen nor feel to calculate the damage you could do on one platform that would transfer over to it. I just know dpsing a platform you're not staying on too much can end up with problems.

Never had an issue of the health of the main thing dropping too low from my dots + bane, its the way dot classes should roll here, I believe at 90% big tentacle spawns at then somewhere at 70% range small adds come followed shortly by tentacles. I dont see how 2-3 spriests , 2 warlocks and another lost dot here and there is going to take down 20% if its just dots and for this all I can do is recommend multi dotting everything all the time unless there is up elementium bolt and no bronze - then that thing >really< needs to die fast.

Ofc if you are in a 10 man and your comp is dot heavy then this is trial and error so just see how much you can do, this method is probably recommended esp on platform 3 and 4 and phase 2 to get the big parts down asap - its a hard dps race.

Edit : Tentacles spawn at 75%, so if red isnt up you want to stop multidotting around 80% and just leave bane up on it.
    Last edited by Belmorn; 2011-12-17 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, I never thought there'd be an issue with it either, until I watched my roommates' guild do Madness and somehow had the little tentacle corruptions spawn while the large tentacle was still alive on the fourth platform (blue, red was already down) several times. I'm not sure if BoH was the cause, but the health of deathwing's limbs is just something everyone should be aware of. And yes, it was a 10m guild with a lock, spriest, fire mage, ass rogue, and frost dk.

Honestly, I'm still bewildered at it.