Requirements for GW2 > GW1 HoM Link?

Hey all. I recently finished 50/50 HoM (yay) in anticipation for GW2, and I was wondering about the process for getting your goodies in GW2. Do you just need character name? GW account name and password? NCSoft master account?

Reason I ask is because I have NO idea what my NCSoft master account is. I created it 6 years ago when it first came out. Every time I've tried to deal with NCSoft customer support, they tell me I need the serial that came with my original account. That I made 6 years ago. I've moved house 4 times since then. It's long since lost.

Have I wasted the last several months of my life?
    Last edited by englanda; 2011-12-17 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Gaile, you're ok

Quote Originally Posted by Gaile Grey
    A player is not required to tie his or her Guild Wars account to an NCsoft Master Account in order to link a Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Great! I hope that means players who linked their Guild Wars account to an NCsoft Master Account but then forgot all the details as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried contacting them through the website?
    https://uk.support.ncsoft.com/app/an...r-account-name.

If that doesn't work, try posting in the forum I linked before, just remember to add in the ticket number you'll get from contacting support.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-12-17 at 12:42 AM.