Diablo III Collector's Edition...anyone else have further info on this?

Google it, as I'm not yet allowed to post the link.

At $100 I want to know the size and number of pages in the art book and number of songs included. I'm not a WoW guy and can't even post to Bnet because I have no active Blizzard game accounts...yet. I hail from the days of DI/DII and Starcraft. That's the make or break for me...Let me know what you guys think if you haven't seen it or have further info. and thanks.

taken from http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

THE ART OF DIABLO III
    Delve into the game’s stunning artistic development with this 208-page art book, which catalogues countless pieces, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
    now i don't know the size but i believe the WotLK and Cata CE art books were also 208 pages so i would assume it's the size of one of those, what ever that may be.

Edit: apparently i lied WotLK's was 208 cata's was 176
    Second Edit: just watched a WotLK CE unboxing vid, the book looks about 8.5" X 11"

DIABLO III SOUNDTRACK
    Experience twenty four original pieces from the Diablo III soundtrack on CD and deepen your music collection with a sound as timeless as the Eternal Conflict itself.
    the length of each song will probably vary between 1:30 and 2:30 each but i can't give an accurate estimate because the WoW soundtracks always also start with a 10 min+ song
    Last edited by Dreaderick; 2011-12-17 at 02:02 AM. Reason: fact check

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    taken from http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

now i don't know the size but i believe the WotLK and Cata CE art books were also 208 pages so i would assume it's the size of one of those, what ever that may be.

the length of each song will probably vary between 1:30 and 2:30 each but i can't give an accurate estimate because the WoW soundtracks always also start with a 10 min+ song
    WotLK artbook: 206 pages
    WotLK soundtrack: 21 songs, total runtime: approximately 77 min.
    Cataclysm artbook: 176 pages
    Cataclysm soundtrack: 17 songs, Approximately 77 min.
    Average song length for both sound tracks is a little under four minutes. 1-2 shorter than two minutes, 5-6 longer than 5 min, including 1-2 longer than 8 min. Goodly amount of music, considering the quality.

Expect the same from Diablo III.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Thanks for the info!

If anyone has the comparable art books, let me know what you think in terms of printing quality and art content. I'm sure the soundtrack will be great. I've already ordered The Book of Cain for Christmas which probably means I'll get it in time for my birthday at the end of Jan. .

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade the free WoW Annual Pass version of Diablo III to the Diablo III Collector's Edition just by registering them both into the same Battle.net account? (in other words, to register the Collector's Edition to a Battle.net account, which already has another version of Diablo III).

I did this with WoW: Cataclysm, I had the predownloaded version on my Battle.net account and couple of days after the release I got my Collector's Edition and I was able to upgrade the normal version to the Collector's Edition. The Battle.net just asked which account I would like to upgrade, I had two WoW accounts on my Battle.net account and I was able to upgrade either of them.

Any blue post confirming that upgrading is possible would be appreciated.
    You can pre-download the Diablo III digitally thanks to the Annual Pass. As soon as you purchase your Collector Edition and "upgrade" your Diablo III to CE, you will be granted a free 6 month WoW sub if you were signed on the Annual Pass, which counts as part of the Year requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

as far as i remember its only 3 months, but ah well

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    as far as i remember its only 3 months, but ah well
    Well we were both wrong! It's 4 months. (A $60 value. The same as Regular Diablo III. Makes sense)

What if I purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition?
    If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

it's worth it dude , buy it !

I'm only getting the CE for Diablo 3 for the flash drive and Diablo skull

im getting for the soundtrack - i would love if they did a soundtrack for wow not sure if one exists or not. It would take lots of volumes for all the music contained but i would purchase it without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by enderrwigginn View Post
    I'm only getting the CE for Diablo 3 for the flash drive and Diablo skull
    the artbook is awesome as well.